Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Around 4:40……should’ve been near 4:30 In my late 20’s, could get a 5 minute first mile in a 5K or a 5 miler! Best 5K was 16:25.

Now, after two back surgeries…..I don’t run Epson good! 😟 memtb

Last edited by memtb; 06/10/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never ran the mile. Ran the 880 in 2 minutes 2.5 seconds. Now about 2 days.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I never ran the mile. Ran the 880 in 2 minutes 2.5 seconds. Now about 2 days.

1.5 miles in 9.00 in the Navy PT in 86. Now I can roll with Whelen just fine!

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
IIRC, it took me a little over an hour to swim a mile in a flight suit during preflight training.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by navlav8r
IIRC, it took me a little over an hour to swim a mile in a flight suit during preflight training.
Zero fun right there. Only way that would suck more is cold water

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Was on a relay team in middle school and we won a few heats in district competition. Then chose boxing over track in HS. What a dummy.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Our daughter runs marathons.
Me, in basic training, 19 years young and a Lucky smoker, I'm not sure.
Now, I'm doing well to walk a mile.

Put a big black cock on the end of a stick and I bet you turn into a rabbit.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
3 miles, 45 pound pack, 45 minutes.

8 or 9 mins back in high school.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Fastest mile was a 4.27 when I was a freshmen in high School. Most times were 4.40-4.45 Basic training four years later was a little over 5. I don't run anymore but still walk quite a bit.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Then 6:06

NOW:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sophomore grandson was clocking a 4:50 mile in his rookie year running track.

There are some fast kids out there.

Once ran a 6 minute mile. No more.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ran 3 miles in 18:20 in 1999.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had the Jr High record at 4:29. Now? Probably double that.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve always hated running and as I get older I hate it even more. Growing up I was really into swimming and was captain of the high school swim team for my junior and senior year. I went to state in high school and did well but after high school I didn’t swim as much. I was working out at the station and at the gym on my days off. One year my shift (C shift) decided to do a triathlon. I’d do the mile swim across the lake, one buddy did the run and another the biking. I really didn’t train for it since I was in good shape already and I really didn’t care where we placed we just wanted to do it. The 3 of us decided to get donations from people we knew based upon our performance which meant that our friends were betting against us…,so to speak. The donations were our way of upping our district’s total amount raised for the year for Muscular Dystrophy. Muscular Dystrophy and “Give Burns the Boot” were the 2 big charities that the fire department supported and our district alone raised an incredible amount each year….it was something that we were (are) extremely proud of and we looked forward to the times when the fundraiser was going….. mostly because we raised a hell of a lot of money for a great cause but also because all of us bachelors found it to be an excellent opportunity to invite young ladies to the fire station for dinner and a private tour. We had to schedule our dates so that there weren’t 3 or 4 women on the same night. We decided that ideally we’d only have 1 at a time which meant that in a typical work week (modified Detroit schedule) we had 3 nights and 3 bachelors so each of us got 1 new girl to host per week. 😀…….Anyway, back to the original triathlon story…..the Saturday of the triathlon came and for some dumb reason my team decided to go out the night BEFORE the triathlon to “pre-celebrate” our victory so we were a little hungover. The mile swim was first which was good because not only did I want my part to be over but it was warm and I was sweating pure alcohol so diving into the lake was just what I needed. I swam the mile and did pretty good…my best friend did the biking leg next and our other buddy did the run. Laying in the sun on the grass recovering not concerned with our place or the money we were trying to raise for charity the Master of Ceremonies started to list the winning teams and their times. The 3 of us almost fell over when they called our team’s name and awarded us first place for the under 30yr old category. We were pretty happy when it came time to collect from our friends their donations based upon our first place finish. There were a couple of guys that had been convinced that we wouldn’t do as well as we did so they’d promised big bucks for our first place finish…collecting from them was a great feeling. 😂

Our little team of 3 firefighters raised several thousand dollars all by ourselves for the Muscular Dystrophy association which was really something back then but having that first place medal and collecting from those that bet against us was the cherry on top. Virtually every single guy I worked with for all those years in the fire department was as fine a man as anyone could hope to be. Kind, empathetic, capable, professional, compassionate men that were extremely rough around the edges but were solid gold through and through!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Had school record for 1/2 mile for several years, 2:04 mins. I could pretty much keep a 2:30 min pace for several miles. That was 35 years ago. Ran the MURPH a couple weeks ago and my mile was over 8:00 mins.

I was pacing myself and running with wife

CK
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Had RHR of 32bpm at 28 yo. Lowest they’d ever seen. Never ran much but on the arena football sized treadmills I could cover 6 miles at an avg 6mins weighing 225. Sadly, some here will recall I played frogger with an illegals immigrant who blew a red light at 40 mph,,, I was a pedestrian. Kept both legs but running is a never again thing. I recall some D Lines in HS could hit 4.5 and those jokers made me look petite. I was 6’3” in 5th grade. I moved to the big school known for dominating on the field and as a tight end a few line kids pushed 250 in Jr HS and blew my doors off. I still can’t figure out how JR Linebackers almost NFL size ran laps around the 4 squads of the team. My nephews had to get waivers to play varsity in 6th grade but they were little fellas. That school turned out monsters. I trained with the arena guys under an Oakland Raiders trainer and I remember one day at 25 recalling a JR in HS hit 375 for reps on bench while I struggled to match it at 25. I wasn’t gifted with strength to match my early growth spirt I guess.

Now at 41, I travel almost constant. Went from rock climbing at a young 40 weighing under 200 to a fat slob weighing 240 today. 35 was nothing other than learning to walk again. 40 I heard would slow me down, nope. 41 or the stupid boosters got me. I’m blaming work travel but I’ve always worked way too many hours. I got old and tired real quick. Now I will pack 200 lbs 12 hrs but a mile? With 1 leg? Probably 15 mins, it’s embarrassing but with leg 2 supposed to have bones dissolve and the F’ers fused into a hunk, with foot drop I barely overcame, it’s tough to train. Still run hatchery trips beyond all for endless hours climbing creek banks with totes of trout but that S is wearing on me fast. Can’t believe it hit that quick.

Last edited by gremcat; 06/10/23. Reason: Clarity
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That’s freaking fast!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Had school record for 1/2 mile for several years, 2:04 mins. I could pretty much keep a 2:30 min pace for several miles. That was 35 years ago. Ran the MURPH a couple weeks ago and my mile was over 8:00 mins.

I was pacing myself and running with wife

My treadmill speed did not translate to astrofirma. The trainer was sadistic and put it at full incline. Big treadmills that’s steep at 6.5 min mile for endless miles. Hit real terrain, nowhere the same. Your fast!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
At 24 and 25 I ran hard every night training for motocross.
I ran untill i almost puked.
Nothing made me faster.
After the 1986 season my times fell of a bit.
Ok a whole lot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I hear ya. I was pretty fast as well until the knee problem

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I dunno- but it was likely pretty good when I got jumped by a griz/brown bear 1.5 miles from the truck, in half-dark with plenty of caribou blood scent on me. Didn't seem to take me any time at all to get there, after it backed off from 40 feet away. smile

It wasn't wasting any time going the other way up a 45 degree slope, either, once it realized I wasn't on it's planned menu. And considerably faster than I was going down a gentle valley floor....

Motivation is the key....

Last edited by las; 06/11/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,134
Posts18,502,671
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.