Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
On my prices around here.
No. No, you are not based on your quote.
Okay, off by $2.15

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Post your 4x8 OSB price again. LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I said $40 a year ago. Was $37.85.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I said $40 a year ago. Was $37.85.

Sure you did

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was an LEO for 33 years. We weren’t allowed to have sleeve tattoos, beards, or long hair. A couple years ago Columbus hired a female chief from Detroit. Now anything goes. I thinks beards look unprofessional in a uniform. Sleeve tattoos in a uniform make you look thuggish. Just my opinion.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Who cares

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Part of the new paganism.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I've been retired seven years (thank God) worked KC metro to western MO. The standard generally was no tats which could not be covered by the uniform. Larger/more urban Depts dictate change dates for winter/summer uniforms and a few were beginning to permit long sleeves year round, if required to comply with 'personal appearance' policy.

Male officers assigned to Uniform Patrol were allowed a 'neatly trimmed moustache not extending more than 1/4" below the corners of the mouth'. Plainclothes officers could wear a beard 'if approved by the Investigations Division Commander' etc.

Now I see officers/deputies with big guts, scraggly beards and a foot of ink hanging out the sleeves of their Class As or, more often now, polos &.BDUs. I've seen them with neck tats. Some look more like carneys than cops.

Time marches on and societal norms change right along with it. Whether I like it or not hardly matters. I'm just glad to be out of the biz. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Another factor is the Ferguson Effect, which changed everything. A lot of good candidates, genuinely were interested in a LE career, watched that schidt-show and said 'Fugg it." The number of applications we received, for open police officer positions, plummeted. The overall quality of applicants also declined. 3rd stringers, who couldn't get an interview before, are now making the final selection pool and some are getting hired.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
I was an LEO for 33 years. We weren’t allowed to have sleeve tattoos, beards, or long hair. A couple years ago Columbus hired a female chief from Detroit. Now anything goes. I thinks beards look unprofessional in a uniform. Sleeve tattoos in a uniform make you look thuggish. Just my opinion.

Ron

i dont agree at all with facial hair and long hair grooming standards. i could care less about tattoos, other than I have seen guys with tats use their own to develop a rapport with people on the street that others were not able to develop. that said i'm also not a fan of exterior armor carriers that look like chest rigs. however, since i dont care for them I don't have to wear one, same as anyone else getting tattoos.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
P
I was at one of those trampoline places this weekend. There were several kid birthday parties going on. I'd say 90% of the young moms had tattoos, many of which were full sleeves. I think the millennials are just more comfortable with tattoos. When I was a kid, it was just bikers and soldiers sporting tattoos. Times change and to each their own. Funny thing is the kids of the millennials will not want to be like their parents at all and shun tattoos. That's how it usually works.

IC B3

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (6mmbrfan, 907brass, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,218
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.