Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
So we have a byelection on Monday. Big rural, farming area that's always leaned Conservative.

Word is, the local Conservative MP was forced to retire by the national party (age). Former chief of police, so already a politician, he wasn't ready to go but agreed to as long as the nomination went to his daughter, a city councilor (nepotism much?) But she would have been a shoe-in for MP given the local Conservative roots.

They run the nomination race, and it's won by a Sikh who the party parachuted in from Toronto area. Likeable enough guy, really, but I don't like parachute politics.

Retired MP is pissed, so he endorses the local Liberal candidate, a leftist former teacher and principal who's now big in local real estate (leftists love other people's money). Plus, we have 2 split-off candidates for the Conservative vote. PPC and CHP.

Be interesting if the Conservatives can hold this seat come Monday.

GB1

N
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
No other political organization is better at shooting themselves in the foot than the Conservative party. The same thing happened in our riding last federal election. Then leader O’Toole parachuted a candidate from another riding to replace a well respected candidate from our riding in eastern Ontario. Problem was the parachuted candidate was from Quebec. The Conservatives lost the seat. Pollievre needs to settle these issues before the next general election.

Nick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope the Conservatives get their act together. We can't afford to have the Liberals around any longer. Trudeau seems to think he can buy popularity by throwing money around. I see he is heading out of country again in a few days. Probably trying to get his world trips in before he is thrown out.

Jim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
So we have a byelection on Monday. Big rural, farming area that's always leaned Conservative.

Word is, the local Conservative MP was forced to retire by the national party (age). Former chief of police, so already a politician, he wasn't ready to go but agreed to as long as the nomination went to his daughter, a city councilor (nepotism much?) But she would have been a shoe-in for MP given the local Conservative roots.

They run the nomination race, and it's won by a Sikh who the party parachuted in from Toronto area. Likeable enough guy, really, but I don't like parachute politics.

Retired MP is pissed, so he endorses the local Liberal candidate, a leftist former teacher and principal who's now big in local real estate (leftists love other people's money). Plus, we have 2 split-off candidates for the Conservative vote. PPC and CHP.

… open your eyes and take a walk down the street or through a department store … take note of the demographic … it’s not your country any more! … there are thousands of parachuted voters all around you … so a parachuted candidate is not that far a reach

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
turdo has opened the borders and made you a minority in your own country … as a minority he doesn’t give a damn what you think … now get those guns ready to hand in … they don’t have any place in THE NEW CANADA

Last edited by pricedo; 06/19/23.

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pricedo
What is it you want?....to hurt, help, play both sides, maybe a Ray Epps?

Is there anything I/we can do to help you to fugg off?

Pretty much everything you post has a dash of truth, the rest is total bullshyte, classic commie.

N
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
I believe Jordan Smith nailed it on the “China Turdeo” thread. If you haven’t read it, have a look. Classic.

Nick

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Nick1899
I believe Jordan Smith nailed it on the “China Turdeo” thread. If you haven’t read it, have a look. Classic.

Nick

It was an interesting read for sure. I also think it is extremely important to recognize that we have a lot of parallels in Canada and US politics, and that's how we can help each other with solutions. We are experiencing the same things, just in a different manner.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 06/19/23.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nick
I am simply questioning his motives, not the solution.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 673
I am simply questioning his motives, not the solution.

Troll -- now what type -- garden, bridge or cave?

Hugh
IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
Verylargeboots, indeed both our nations are on a parallel course to some final destination that still remains undefined to us, the great unwashed.

Nick

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Nick

It was an interesting read for sure. I also think it is extremely important to recognize that we have a lot of parallels in Canada and US politics, and that's how we can help each other with solutions. We are experiencing the same things, just in a different manner.
We have a mutual enemy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the one suburban riding of the four, the Liberals gained 15% . In a byelection, that is huge number.Traditionally byelections allow electorates to show displeasure with the government in power.If the Conservatives wish to form government, these are the ridings that they Must Take.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
That was my local riding. A lot of anger about parachuting a candidate in, and the former Conservative MP endorsing the Liberal, as noted above.

Dave Mackenzie chose his personal feelings over the people in the area. OTOH, Polievre chose to run a parachute candidate rather than a good, local Conservative. Neither deserves any praise.

N
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
As noted earlier, if the Conservatives can “F” it up, they will. The party can’t unite and move forward in a cohesive fashion in order to defeat the Liberals. I hope Pollievre sees these results and makes a concerted effort to united all conservatives for a change.

Nick

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Conservative that endorses a Liberal is a pos.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If Pollievre is like any other politician, he will see it as win and he got a member of his team in. Someone who has personal loyalty. After all the Conservatives carried the riding.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If your going to run poor candidates and win it must be about good policy, because we have in my area "in my view" a poor candidate who wins, but I wonder for how long.

It could also be some of these other parties run good candidates and have "in my view" poor policy.

Seems like many politico's could flip to any party because they appeal to peoples emotions before intellect.
I often wonder if that's the reason for political footballs that just go on and on ie: guns.

Foreign interference is real and I wouldn't think it a leap of logic that it doesn't involve the Sikh community as well.

Last edited by 673; 06/20/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
The Conservative that endorses a Liberal is a pos.
… red Tory Conservative … Liberal … 6 of 1 … half dozen of the other … they’re basically the same animal … the true blue “Reform” Conservatives like Deb Gray, Chuck Strahl, Marion Thomas are long gone … todays CPC are all red Tories like Kim Campbell of bill c17 fame

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,598
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.