Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
CEO Didn’t Hire ’50-Year-Old W...tional’, Skimped on Safety Inspections

An interview with Stockton Rush from 2018 shows that a woke mindset can be deadly:

Stockton Rush, 61, added that such expertise was unnecessary because “anybody can drive the sub” with a $30 video game controller.

“When I started the business, one of the things you’ll find, there are other sub-operators out there, but they typically have, uh, gentlemen who are ex-military submariners, and they — you’ll see a whole bunch of 50-year-old white guys,” Rush told Teledyne Marine in a newly resurfaced undated Zoom interview.

“I wanted our team to be younger, to be inspirational and I’m not going to inspire a 16-year-old to go pursue marine technology, but a 25-year-old, uh, you know, who’s a sub pilot or a platform operator or one of our techs can be inspirational,” he continued.

[Linked Image from ]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Guess who will be tasked with scraping them off the ocean floor? Most likely 50 year old white guys.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Too bad for them. Play stupid games>>>>>

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The problem with the older guys, except Rush, is that their experience leads them to consideration of safety aspects, and that's just a party-pooper!

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh well. Too much money, no common sense.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ConradCA

An interview with Stockton Rush from 2018 shows that a woke mindset can be deadly:

Stockton Rush, 61, added that such expertise was unnecessary because “anybody can drive the sub” with a $30 video game controller.

“When I started the business, one of the things you’ll find, there are other sub-operators out there, but they typically have, uh, gentlemen who are ex-military submariners, and they — you’ll see a whole bunch of 50-year-old white guys,” Rush told Teledyne Marine in a newly resurfaced undated Zoom interview.

“I wanted our team to be younger, to be inspirational and I’m not going to inspire a 16-year-old to go pursue marine technology, but a 25-year-old, uh, you know, who’s a sub pilot or a platform operator or one of our techs can be inspirational,” he continued.
Bullschitt.
He wanted his team younger so he could influence them, tell them what he wanted them to do.
Rush had issues with two, older engineers that called him out on aspects of the design.

That same culture is why Rush did not seek to get his sub certified.
Doesn't like anyone telling him what to do.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
"Certification is anathema to innovation" - Stockton Rush.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That doesn't sound woke so much as it just sounds stupid.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Pat85
Guess who will be tasked with scraping them off the ocean floor? Most likely 50 year old white guys.

^^^This^^^

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Support vessel co-owned by an Indian Tribe...

Chief Mi’sel Joe of Miawpukek First Nation, which co-owns the Polar Prince, the support vessel on the expedition, said he received a call Sunday afternoon alerting him the sub was two hours overdue and still hadn’t surfaced, and they had lost communication with the sub. At that point, requests for search and rescue had gone out, he said.

Damn, was this a carnival type ride?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Bullschitt.
He wanted his team younger so he could influence them, tell them what he wanted them to do.
Rush had issues with two, older engineers that called him out on aspects of the design.

That same culture is why Rush did not seek to get his sub certified.
Doesn't like anyone telling him what to do.

He rushed everything it seems. Oh the irony.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The problem with the older guys, except Rush, is that their experience leads them to consideration of safety aspects, and that's just a party-pooper!

Yep, an older guy knows better. They would have said F you, this is a death sentence or a "suicide" mission!!! That company is going to pay out the azz, for being stupid as fu ck.. Trust me.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Pat85

^^^This^^^

Nah, there's gotta be at least a few qualified 40 year-olds too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GeoW
Support vessel co-owned by an Indian Tribe...

Chief Mi’sel Joe of Miawpukek First Nation, which co-owns the Polar Prince, the support vessel on the expedition, said he received a call Sunday afternoon alerting him the sub was two hours overdue and still hadn’t surfaced, and they had lost communication with the sub. At that point, requests for search and rescue had gone out, he said.

Damn, was this a carnival type ride?

Even Indian's are smarter than that schidt..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by GeoW
said he received a call Sunday afternoon alerting him the sub was two hours overdue and still hadn’t surfaced, and they had lost communication with the sub.

No luck with smoke signals, huh? Damn.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just don't second guess (or care of) others decisions, or my own frankly. Indecisiveness drives me nuts.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
This guy Rush said anyone can drive a sub with a game controller…no expertise needed. You suppose he had any thoughts of that as he sitting there with his legs crossed with the joy stick in his hand, or maby it just blowed up before he had the chance to have that thought. You know who knows the answer to that don’t you?….take a guess.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Inspiration over experience……………….well how’d work out!

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not doubt if they have been dead since the communication was lost.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.