Print Thread
Hop To
#18518856 06/20/23
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Anyone here ever put together a 9.3x62 on a Winchester action? I know the company chambered in both 7mm and 9mm in the past. Any pics?

The way life should be.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have certainly thought about it.
I had a classic SS rebored to 338-06 since I already have a Mauser MK-X in 9.3x62.
I have a blue model 70 that I still consider sometimes.
That 9.3 is a thumper on most anything it runs into.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
RickF has one which turned out pretty good. GD

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I own a LH Win 70 9.3 X 62 Pacnor barrel nice rifle

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Find one and send it to JES for a rebore.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by armchair
Find one and send it to JES for a rebore.
Great idea!🙂

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Got a couple of progress pics from Chad Dixon at LRI if someone will post them. Need your email to send them.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
greydog
Please get RF to post pictures of that 9.3 you built for him.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We are shooting at the Canadian Silhouette Nationals right now. I'll mention it when I see him tomorrow. By the way, neither one of us appear to be likely to win anything in smallbore but have high hopes for the hi power match. GD

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
By the moment of asking this question, you've past my 'abandoning' point of "ammo" as overriding constraint!. If earlier fifty era rifle with yet integral forged ramp they're particularly nifty for rebore. But unless a Featherweight there's the barrel boss of the Standard Grade which may or not fit with any restocking plans. The thought of turning off the Boss, turns me off additional expense mitigating in favor of new barrel with opportunities of other materials, dimensions, etc. Again, it's the kind of idea I like, but the devil in some practicalities. Not a reloader, such the "pregnant pause..."
Best!
John

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by iskra
By the moment of asking this question, you've past my 'abandoning' point of "ammo" as overriding constraint!. If earlier fifty era rifle with yet integral forged ramp they're particularly nifty for rebore. But unless a Featherweight there's the barrel boss of the Standard Grade which may or not fit with any restocking plans. The thought of turning off the Boss, turns me off additional expense mitigating in favor of new barrel with opportunities of other materials, dimensions, etc. Again, it's the kind of idea I like, but the devil in some practicalities. Not a reloader, such the "pregnant pause..."
Best!
John

What'd he say????

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jkob
Best!
John

What'd he say????
Dunno.........

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Best!
John

What'd he say????
Dunno.........

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MikeNZ
Originally Posted by Redneck
Best!
John

What'd he say????
Dunno.........

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Just needs a "God save the Queen" tossed in there somewhere.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Now God save the King.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just got a pre64 standard back from
Rebore in 9.3
The rifle was a pawnshop score rather well used lots of battle scars campfire burns and bluing wear the floor plate is almost compleatly shinny through Cary
If this rifle could tell stories. No doubt grandpa does and they hocked it sad really. Probbly his only rifle It came from Washington state and originally chambered in 30-06 it wasn’t much use to me as I find them a tad heavy in standard weight and never did use it in favor of the FW
After the rebore I find it’s balance much better after
Lightning the barrel with a bigger bore.
Shoots great and feeds flawlessly
Now it will get some use

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
@rainierrifleco Sounds like a sweet elk thumper!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yes I will be hope to take it to Africa
Also
I have set it up with an older leupold 1.5x5 on buhler rings. Had to hunt for a scope that had some use and slight purpling so it would look at home on this thing

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes. But probably not on the action you're asking about! I sent JES a 670A that was originally a 30-06. Had him bore to 9.3x62. Shoots great.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
GSSP built a beauty several years ago. Modeled my FN build off his to a degree.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 43 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,476
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.