Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When a jury hears that the owner purchased out of date carbon fiber at discount prices to manufacture the body of the sub they might rule in favor of a plaintiff.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JMR40
When a jury hears that the owner purchased out of date carbon fiber at discount prices to manufacture the body of the sub they might rule in favor of a plaintiff.

Are you tossing out a hypothetical, or did he really do that?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am of the camp that think there will be nothing left of the company to sue. I think that the company cutted a lot of corners and should be liable, but there will be nothing left. In a video I saw yesterday the ship flew a Canadian flag. The ship left from a Canadian port and the accident happened in International Water. I do not know what country the company was from. I am no legal expert but I think this is all going to be settled by Canadian law or maybe International Laws.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Any lawsuit would fall under maritime law which allows the vessel owner to cap the damages at the sub’s salvage value which is basically $0

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hooking a ride in cutting edge technology is always a risk. Likely, no one knows exactly what aspect lead to its demise. Any one think our astronauts have lawyers lined up just in case.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole

really did it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by KenMi
That crackpot, half-assed $hitshaker rattletrap builder deserves the death penalty.

There, that about covers it.

There were people close to him speaking up and saying that they have heard creaking sounds out of the hull on previous dives. Should he not have looked into that?

I always thought steel barrels wrapped in carbon were made to contain an explosion , not the other way around.
There was no explosion. It imploded.

What is the opposite of an explosion? External pressures imploding it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Good

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by smokepole

really did it.

Ho Lee Fùk

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hold Harmless Clause, I use to have to sign them before entry into quite a few of the big industries to move their machinery. They usually spelled out a few of the risk both theirs and inherent. One even went so far as saying even if one of their own drivers backed over you resulting in your death. Don't know if they'd hold-up in court or not, but figured it'd be mighty expensive trying to fight it.

Phil

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Hold Harmless Clause, I use to have to sign them before entry into quite a few of the big industries to move their machinery. They usually spelled out a few of the risk both theirs and inherent. One even went so far as saying even if one of their own drivers backed over you resulting in your death. Don't know if they'd hold-up in court or not, but figured it'd be mighty expensive trying to fight it.

Phil
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

As has been said, you can write anything you want in a contract or waiver, but that doesn't mean it's legally enforceable or will hold up in court.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
More than likely the only assets Oceangate had was that sub laying at the bottom of the ocean. Every thing else was probably leased or rented.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
My dad was a lawyer and I heard him say several times. You can't sign away your rights.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (160user, 219DW, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 46 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.