Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ERK
They obviously have never listened to anything anybody ever told them to do. Parents or otherwise. The instructions hollered by the police were pretty clear and specific. Glad no innocents were injured. Edk
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
"I'm not resisting". The bodycam shows different.

" I'm not resisting".
Should have broke both arms of first lying punk thugs arms.
Second Punk Thug that got doa'd got what he deserved.
Should have tased screeching "mother".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I did 26 years. It was a wild ride at times. Glad I did it, wouldn't do it now days for a million bucks a year.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
He should have dropped the gun, got what he deserved
He did drop it, 3 times!
If the dumbazz had just kept running after he dropped it the first time he probably would have gotten away. crazy

From the youtube channel.
As Richardson was running from the vehicle, he dropped the gun three separate times. However, he stopped each time and picked the gun back up and continued running. Prior to Sergeant King shooting, police officers issued eight warnings to Jordan Richardson to either “stop” or “drop the weapon.” The handgun in Richardson’s possession of was reported stolen from Colorado Springs, CO on May 20, 2023

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yeah, looked like he had a 3 foot clip sticking out of it and I bet it had a switch on it too.

-Piss into the wind.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That one was nothing. The one where baby daddy tried to carjack an undercover cop is pure gold.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I spent 9 months in Rantoul- - - - -USAF electronics school- - - - -azzole of Illinois, but not as bad as Chitcago by any means!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I would think that Chicago is Illinois’s azzhole, Rockford would be the armpit, and Rantoul…..maybe the other armpit?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swift justice.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Cops have a tough job and some just make it even worse. I've met a few cops that were just punks on a power trip. Seems like most cops with 10+ years in are good people and over the power trip.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've found the "yes sir/no sir" approach generates far fewer issues.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
He should have dropped the gun, got what he deserved

Yep. Being stupid has consequences. Some more permanent than others.

But most Didindonuffins believe the Law doesn’t apply to them.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was intense.

My daughter in law writes software for cop cams in ultra left wing Seattle. I met a group of the software engineers on the team. They all carry knives.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i once drove from Merrillville Indiana to Midway airport for a early morning flight, my route took me through South Chicago at about the time bars close in most of the country. When i turned in the rental car I mentioned some of the things I saw.
The clerk said two things. "You're crazy" and "must have been a slow night"
Do people actually want to be cops there?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Obviously justified and the states' attorney thinks so as well.

The article is very well written. Like Sgt Friday said "just stick to the facts..."

https://www.news-gazette.com/news/l...14b6b42-4ea6-5782-b55c-309b637d7faa.html

"RANTOUL — The same officer who shot Jordan Richardson as he ran because he refused to drop a gun also tried to save his life.

“He just wouldn’t drop the (expletive) gun. I don’t understand,” Sgt. Jerry King said to a fellow officer as he applied pressure to the chest of the 18-year-old he shot seconds earlier.

On Wednesday, State’s Attorney Julia Rietz concluded that the actions of the 10-year officer on the afternoon of June 7 constituted a justifiable use of lethal force.

“Sgt. Jerry King’s use of deadly force in firing his weapon in Richardson’s direction while Richardson was in possession of a firearm and disobeying commands to drop the weapon were legally justifiable given the totality of the circumstances,” she said.

Rietz said she reviewed body-camera footage, security video from nearby homes, autopsy results and reports from officers from five police agencies in coming to her conclusion."

"Mr. Richardson’s mother and aunt, she said, were briefed Wednesday morning by representatives of the multi-jurisdictional investigative team led by Illinois State Police. Rietz said they were given the opportunity to watch the police videos of what happened before the information was made public.

Rantoul police set up a page on the city’s website that includes a synopsis, a timeline, the reports from all officers involved body-camera and home-security footage, and a METCAD radio recording."

"Police Chief Tony Brown said King, who has no disciplinary issues in his record and was the 2018 Officer of the Year, has been on administrative leave for three weeks and is expected to return to duty immediately.

Brown said the department will continue its own internal review to make sure the response was consistent with department policy and training.

“While this incident is undoubtedly tragic, it underscores the difficult and complex decisions law-enforcement officers face daily in the line of duty. The safety of our officers and the community remains our utmost priority, and we continuously strive to improve our training, policies and procedures to minimize such occurrences,” said Brown, having to address his community for the second time in 2023 over an officer-involved shooting.

“I want to express my gratitude to the community for their patience and trust throughout this process,” he said.

How it began
In his report, Wissel said he had stopped the Dodge Avenger in which Mr. Richardson was a passenger because that same car, which had expired plates, had fled from him in April.

McKown, 20, its driver, got out as soon as Wissel pulled up in the 400 block of East Campbell and admitted being the owner but claimed his cousin was the one who fled from Wissel earlier.

As McKown made a move to get back in the car, Wissel told him not to, displaying his Taser as he gave him the order.

It was at that point he saw Mr. Richardson in the passenger seat and told him to put his hands on the dash. McKown is heard saying, “Bro, you’re good. Go.”

McKown then began “actively” fighting with Wissel, hitting the officer in the mouth so hard it broke one of his teeth. During the struggle, Wissel saw Mr. Richardson run from the car, drop a handgun on the sidewalk, then immediately pick it up.

Another officer ran after Mr. Richardson as Wissel continued his struggle with McKown.

Once they got McKown under control, police found cash and a bag of pills in his pockets.

In the front and back seats of the Dodge, they found a total of six large bags of cannabis, estimated to weigh 6 pounds. Under the driver’s seat were two loaded Glock handguns. Police found about $2,600 in cash in the car and more on Mr. Richardson.

McKown told Wissel he didn’t know his passenger and didn’t know who owned the guns or the cannabis.

Later, at the Rantoul Police Department, McKown “somehow got out of the holding cell and into the general holding area. Jeremiah tried to open the back door to the lockup to presumably escape custody. Jeremiah was resecured in a cell,” Wissel wrote.

Detective Matt Bross wrote that as he was tending to Mr. Richardson after the latter had been shot, cash fell out of his hooded sweatshirt. Bross said he recognized him from having investigated him for an unrelated crime in Rantoul and also believed the gun that was on the ground near his body was the same one he had seen posted by Mr. Richardson in a photograph posted to Instagram that showed him with three guns."...

Last edited by SBTCO; 06/30/23.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Fook around find out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shoud have shot them mud sharks also...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
At least Keshawntay went out like a real kniggga. .

Last edited by Jeffrey; 07/01/23.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Shoud have shot them mud sharks also...

I couldn’t handle being around the howler monkeys while I was armed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (260Remguy, 358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 16 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,679
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.