Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dang your making me hungry..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What ever that actually is, I'm sure might be good eats, but a green Chile enchilada it aint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enchiladas apiladas del Nuevo Mexico.

The sauce is wrong for the dish though.

Too brothy more like a Bistec ala Mexicana.

Originally Posted by JefeMojado
What ever that actually is, I'm sure might be good eats, but a green Chile enchilada it aint.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Evidently people from Arizona and Kalifornia have no idea what a Green Chile Enchilada is

Not surprising

😂😂😂😂😂

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

U
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
U
It looks absolutely wonderful.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Evidently people from Arizona and Kalifornia have no idea what a Green Chile Enchilada is

Not surprising

😂😂😂😂😂

You just cannot help yourself can you?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by GregW

Not surprising

😂😂😂😂😂

He is very insecure.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Not surprising

😂😂😂😂😂

Mexican food is extremely regional. Everyone has a different idea of what is authentic depending upon where they live, what is commonly served in that area, etc

Green Chile enchiladas differ even in this state from the southern part to the most northern parts.

That’s to not even address what people are used to in other states not even contiguous to NM. For example, just have a Texan define what “chili” is to him.

What this OP is about is “New Mexican Food”. The Green Chile Enchilada pictured is authentic New Mexican. The sauce is made by browning off meat in a skillet (pork, beef, chicken, or your preference), sautéing chopped onion and garlic, adding chopped roasted and peeled Green Chile and stock. Season with salt to taste and tightened slightly with cornstarch

The enchilada is then built by soft-frying a corn tortilla, ladling on the sauce, chopped fresh onion, grated cheese. This is repeated for how many layers you desire. A fried egg is mandatory and garnish of chopped tomatoes and lettuce.

Many people make the dish as “rolled”. Basically a corn tortilla is filled with cheese and rolled, placed in a baking dish and covered with the sauce then into the oven. This isn’t my preference because the tortillas become mush and the thing becomes a mushy casserole.

This method has been used in my family since the early 1900’s

Last edited by rcamuglia; 07/02/23.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
He is very insecure.

Sure looks like it and with good reason

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Not surprising

😂😂😂😂😂

Mexican food is extremely regional. Everyone has a different idea of what is authentic depending upon where they live, what is commonly served in that area, etc

Green Chile enchiladas differ even in this state from the southern part to the most northern parts.

That’s to not even address what people are used to in other states not even contiguous to NM. For example, just have a Texan define what “chili” is to him.

What this OP is about is “New Mexican Food”. The Green Chile Enchilada pictured is authentic New Mexican. The sauce is made by browning off meat in a skillet (pork, beef, chicken, or your preference), sautéing chopped onion and garlic, adding chopped roasted and peeled Green Chile and stock. Season with salt to taste and tightened slightly with cornstarch

The enchilada is then built by soft-frying a corn tortilla, ladling on the sauce, chopped fresh onion, grated cheese. This is repeated for how many layers you desire. A fried egg is mandatory and garnish of chopped tomatoes and lettuce.

Many people make the dish as “rolled”. Basically a corn tortilla is filled with cheese and rolled, placed in a baking dish and covered with the sauce then into the oven. This isn’t my preference because the tortillas become mush and the thing becomes a mushy casserole.

I wasn't referring to you making stacked enchiladas in too wet of a sauce, which is not ground breaking. I was talking about you acting like an [bleep] in about the only forum on this site worth visiting anymore. Don't ruin this one, if you can help it...

- Greg

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Not surprising

😂😂😂😂😂

I wasn't referring to you making stacked enchiladas in too wet of a sauce, which is not ground breaking. I was talking about you acting like an [bleep] in about the only forum on this site worth visiting anymore. Don't ruin this one, if you can help it...

It was a truthful response to the ignorant replies

[bleep]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
He is very insecure.

Sure looks like it and with good reason

And little Ricky does it again.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Regardless of the poop being slung, that looks great. Similar to a dish a girl I dated in college family made. But they made it with red chilies. It was damn good. Being they were from Alamosa, CO I’m sure the dish is similar to recipes in New Mexico.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Regardless of the poop being slung, that looks great. Similar to a dish a girl I dated in college family made. But they made it with red chilies. It was damn good. Being they were from Alamosa, CO I’m sure the dish is similar to recipes in New Mexico.

Here’s Red

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Here’s Red

Looks phenomenal, both dishes do.

- Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is not a chile sauce no matter where your from. That is a chile broth.

The Colorado is closer to a sauce.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Don’t argue with a Burns loving idiot.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Here’s Red

Looks phenomenal, both dishes do.

Thank you.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatCity67

I just didn't tighten it enough with the cornstarch slurry this time. I would rather have it brothy than like gravy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,848
Posts18,496,962
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.