Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
We are also running very low in the brains dept on anyone in this regime.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Of course we are low--- not counting what he left for the Taliban, he's been giving it to Ukraine since day one of the "war".

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a good supply.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No worries.

They'll just offer all manufacturers of ammo a lucrative govt contract, and they'll stop making and selling ammo meant for the US public consumption.

2 birds with one stone.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
No worries.

They'll just offer all manufacturers of ammo a lucrative govt contract, and they'll stop making and selling ammo meant for the US public consumption.

2 birds with one stone.

Absolutely!

Black Cows Matter!
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I used to work for a place that built the 155's - we used TNT from the 1940s. Surplus stuff that has been setting around for years. Got to watch out for those crystals that have grown on it - very volatile.

Built 60mm mortars too. I got to see them produced and packed. Then, in my job after that I unpacked them and dropped them in a tube. I always wondered if they were the same ones I'd seen produced.

Oh well, my personal stocks are ok. At some point those are the only ones that'll matter.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well, I've heard "it's the best money we've ever spent" giving all that stuff away to the Nazis. perhaps Lindsay Graham and his sister McConnell can figure out what to do but I'm all for loading and aiming at Washington.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not another Biden slip of the tongue.

This was a planned statement designed to Justify Biden’s use of Cluster Bombs.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I have a good supply.
This ^^

No, I will not share it with Ukraine.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My press doesn't do 155's.

Bb

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Interesting!

The United Nations Convention of Cluster Munitions, which was adopted in 2008 and went into force in 2010, “prohibits all use, production, transfer and stockpiling of cluster munitions.” Nearly 125 nations have ratified and signed onto the convention.

Are cluster bombs allowed in war?
As of this year, 111 countries have signed and ratified the Convention on Cluster Munitions, which bans the use, production and stockpiling of cluster munitions. Russia, the US and Ukraine have not signed the convention.

Shortly after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, when reports circulated regarding the Russian use of cluster bombs, a reporter asked then–White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki about the Biden administration’s response to an action that was “potentially a war crime.”

“We have seen the reports,” replied Psaki on February 28, 2022. “If that were true, it would potentially be a war crime.”

The press secretary’s words have come back to haunt the Biden administration, which is now in the process of transferring stocks of this internationally banned weaponry to the Ukrainian government.

The United Nations Convention of Cluster Munitions, which was adopted in 2008 and went into force in 2010, “prohibits all use, production, transfer and stockpiling of cluster munitions.” Nearly 125 nations have ratified and signed onto the convention. Russia and the United States are not among them, but that does not change the reality that cluster bombs have long been associated with war crimes.

“Cluster munitions pose an immediate threat to civilians during conflict by randomly scattering submunitions or bomblets over a wide area. They continue to pose a threat post-conflict by leaving remnants, including submunitions that fail to explode upon impact becoming de facto landmines,” explains Human Rights Watch. Last August, the organization highlighted concerns about Russia’s use of “explosive weapons with wide area effects and widely banned cluster munitions in apparent violation of international humanitarian law, or the laws of war.”

Yet, last week, President Joe Biden approved the shipment of cluster bombs to Ukraine. Biden told CNN it was a “difficult decision” to provide Ukraine with the munitions, but said he had concluded, “They either have the weapons to stop the Russians…or they don’t. And I think they needed them.”

Campaigners for a ban on the munitions weren’t about to accept the president’s decision to facilitate the transfer of weaponry that once provoked a “potentially a war crime” reference from his former press secretary.

And Finally

Although the United States did not sign the convention, it stopped producing cluster munitions in 2008 and has produced only unitary warheads since then. It has gradually converted inventories to convention-compliant configurations.

So, on the plus side, and there are damned few with this administration, Biden is disposing of munitions which are at least fifteen years old, weapons which are not used in US battle strategies, and he will let Ukraine take the heat for any "war crimes "charges brought to bear in the future.

On the minus side, it is ridiculously stupid, as is most every action taken by this administration, to support action against a major world power who should be strongly allied with us against those nations which hold both of us in contempt.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can see that bunch of wannabe tyrants mandating we turn in all our military ball ammo because we are low, because it will save out Democracy (which we aren't).

Last edited by reivertom; 07/11/23.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
I used to work for a place that built the 155's - we used TNT from the 1940s. Surplus stuff that has been setting around for years. Got to watch out for those crystals that have grown on it - very volatile.

Built 60mm mortars too. I got to see them produced and packed. Then, in my job after that I unpacked them and dropped them in a tube. I always wondered if they were the same ones I'd seen produced.

Oh well, my personal stocks are ok. At some point those are the only ones that'll matter.
Doubtful Middletown ordnance plant steams out the explosive to be sold to the mining industry, then refills them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We Are Winchester Ammo.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got alot of ammo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My press doesn't do 155's.

Bb

Maybe reach out to Dillion? Probably not a progressive model currently available though cool

Please don't feed the trolls!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10ring1, 163bc, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,991
Posts18,499,927
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.