Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
FYI, was just notified Ky gun company has them back in stock
$717.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Randy do you have a link?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Locked and Loaded had them yesterday for $652. Already gone. $859 is the lowest in stock price currently on Gun Deals

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S

IC B2

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I bought two of them the first day they were released a couple years ago. When the email came in from the distributor I immediately went to the distributor's website. There were 100 available when the email was sent. 3 minutes later there were 11 and I snagged those two. . I've shot one. The other is untouched, still in inventory. I may sell it if anyone wants it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I haven't really considered one yet but probably should. I will dig around and check a few reviews for function and accuracy.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I guess I'm not sure what the infatuation is with these? Don't they take proprietary LH Ruger mags for the LH version? If that's true, these seem very niche to me?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For me the draw would be not having the case eject right in front of my face. I grew up on a Savage semi (187 perhaps) and had several cases split at the rim and dump hot gas and brass particles on my right arm.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kevin24
I guess I'm not sure what the infatuation is with these? Don't they take proprietary LH Ruger mags for the LH version? If that's true, these seem very niche to me?

Naturally they require a mirror-image magazine for a mirror image action. When they came out there was all kinds of hand-wringing over that, when I thought there would be a lot of happy folks finally able to get a true left-hand version of the most popular .22 rifle in America. If I were a lefty I sure wouldn’t let the piddling cost of some extra mags keep me from getting a rifle I could use naturally. IIRC, the LH mags cost the same as standards. The rifle itself is priced the same.

My guess is that the CSC being made with a CNC machined receiver is what made the LH version economically feasible. Probably no great trick to reverse everything, compared to the new molds that the cast versions would need.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
A person can buy a lefty Savage 64F for about $150. They are accurate and feed and eject without issue with mini mags. They eject on the left side as well. I bought one of these awhile back, maybe 7 years ago.
Great bang for the buck. The Ruger should have a better trigger though and might have a slight edge in accuracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
A person can buy a lefty Savage 64F for about $150. They are accurate and feed and eject without issue with mini mags. They eject on the left side as well. I bought one of these awhile back, maybe 7 years ago.
Great bang for the buck. The Ruger should have a better trigger though and might have a slight edge in accuracy.

They have a SS RH version too. Perfect truck/barn rifle, except for that long magazine hanging down. Cheap fun anyway.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It seems like there are a lot of the LH Ruger 12/22 competition out there in stock now any one have thoughts on accuracy and function, local shop has one in stock.

kk alaska

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

They have a SS RH version too. Perfect truck/barn rifle, except for that long magazine hanging down. Cheap fun anyway.

Those 64's generally shoot way above their price point too. Never seen one in a lefty though. Interesting.

I thought about buying a left hand CSC 10/22, for a split second, then changed my mind. Don't really care for a left hand magazine. To this day, I have not even seen a left hand magazine for sale in the stores. So that tells you something. A couple years ago, one of my buddies asked me how much the lefty 10/22's were, and I told him $700.00. He said I'll give you that right now for your 10/22, so you can go and buy a left handed 10/22. I thought about it, but passed. There's no left hand 10/22 made that shoots as good as the 10/22 I have, plus I don't have to screw around with bass ackwards magazines.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kk alaska
It seems like there are a lot of the LH Ruger 12/22 competition out there in stock now any one have thoughts on accuracy and function, local shop has one in stock.

My RH CSC shoots very well. Trigger is good. The tighter chamber requires regular cleaning to keep lube buildup down; I use a pipe cleaner with a bit of solvent. I really like the machined upper with integral rail, as well as the other upgraded parts. Read the details on Ruger’s site.

Of the ammo I’ve tried, Eley Club seems to be the one it prefers, with SK Flatnose close behind. Maybe some really high-end stuff would do better, but I may lack the skill most days to take advantage of it, especially when there’s wind. Dinking steel at 200 is fun, and using a semi lets you shift your hold for the wind easily. My range goes to 300….maybe someday.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I have never been bothered by spent cases flying past my face. I am so focused on the shot that it is a non issue. What does bother me is that so many .22 autos spray hot powder residue on my face and arm. A Nylon 66 gave me a flinch the first week I owned it. The 10/22 has a heavy bolt and I have never gotten powder burned by one. I do have a LH Savage 64 as a knock about rifle. Accurate and cheap. Trigger is a bit heavy, but there is a spring kit for it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
When a T1X LH can be had for the same price or less, it's tough to justify the 10-22.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ken I want both!

kk alaska

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, that easily justifies it then.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,988
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.