Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ldg397
Just checking to see what the current values of the rule book is.

I bought a paperback copy when I read this post the first time and have been keeping an eye out since.

A 1982 came up on eBay a day or so ago for around $300. Didn’t really have that much money for a book but took a wild hair made an offer of $250 not expecting much but they accepted. Hopefully a pretty good buy have to wait until I see the condition in person.

Sounds like you did great. Hopefully it is in very good condition. But even if it's not perfect, it is worth more than you paid. Good snag!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

H
hlg Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
I just put my 1982, VERY good on Fleebay and let it go for $250.It's going to Texas,maybe sold too cheap but this is third time listing it and wanted it gone.
I've found what you think a book is worth and getting it is wishful thinking.
I have a quite good The Winchester Book,signed by Madis,I'd like to sell! Offers please!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by hlg
I just put my 1982, VERY good on Fleebay and let it go for $250.It's going to Texas,maybe sold too cheap but this is third time listing it and wanted it gone.
I've found what you think a book is worth and getting it is wishful thinking.
I have a quite good The Winchester Book,signed by Madis,I'd like to sell! Offers please!

I think that goes for just about anything I think the market on books and guns is turning to be a little soft. Just my local gun shop use to have about 10 used guns and now they have over 50. I think a combination of economy and more examples especially guns being available to purchase. Seeing examples of things for sale I haven’t seen in awhile. Hopefully I bought your copy so I know it was well cared for. I could barely justify the price I paid it was right at my maximum so I am very pleased to get a copy.

H
hlg Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
The book is going to College Station,Tx.,the buyer was a lady according to the info.
It is a very nice example,very,very slight wear on the cover,pages are pristine.
I'm getting old fast and got a pile of this stuff to move out. I have items by Aagaard,O'Connor , Hagel,Waters and quite a few more.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by hlg
The book is going to College Station,Tx.,the buyer was a lady according to the info.
It is a very nice example,very,very slight wear on the cover,pages are pristine.
I'm getting old fast and got a pile of this stuff to move out. I have items by Aagaard,O'Connor , Hagel,Waters and quite a few more.

Sounds like you sold your book to the poster above. ^^

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by iskra
The few exceptions, days of my youth, the category arriving in "Plain Brown Envelopes!" smile Different strokes!

lol

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sounds like it is coming to me or technically to my wife. To be honest I have never seen one of the hard backs in person. Can’t wait and I am thrilled to finally have one. Thank you.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’m at the Cody gun show and saw one on a table for $300.00. I bought a Custer Cases and Cartridges book that has been out of print for some time. Books may be the most overlooked items at gun shows…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Have you guys noticed that this book seems to be dropping in price, but the Model 70 Winchester book by Dean Whitaker is going up in value? I have both and they both have great info in them. However, as we all know the book by Rule is more concise.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 204guy, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,294
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.