Campfire Regular
B
Never had any problems with Warne…

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Warne rings are rugged, reliable and -- installed properly -- never, ever leave a mark on a scope. They are all I have used for many years now, and I won't put a nice scope in anything else.

The scopes below had been in and out of Warne rings numerous times, but the tubes could have passed for brand new.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
... have guns with scopes mounted with Burris, EGW, Leupold and Warne rings ... all work good ... on the other hand my "blue" BLR '81 takedown in 308 Win uses a cheap Chinese ring set from Amazon that is rock solid though a little on the bulky side and mounts the scope at exactly the right height for quick sight picture acquisition and good cheek weld ... it ain't broke & I'm not fixing it

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've got pic rails on most of my rifles. I've tested the Burris Signature Zee rings on a few heavy recoiling rifles. While the rings don't "look" particularly stout, they hold quite well and I've never experienced any problems with them. IME, rings with inserts hold well, don't mar tubes, never bind scope tubes, and allow better scope alignment if needed.

The Burris tactical rings, with inserts, are very robust but wouldn't look very good on my svelte hunting rifles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can’t argue with any of that, but OTOH, so far the same applies to the Warne rings, except the adjustability, and they’re U.S. made. The powder coat finish is kind to scopes too, assuming you’ve checked for alignment of course. The Mountain Techs are aluminum, with coated SS hardware.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I'm a fan of the Burris signature rings, plenty strong never leave ring marks on your scope and you can add elevation or windage with the inserts
The latter feature is great when the receiver screw holes aren’t perfectly aligned with the bore axis and as a Loony, you want the reticle at optical center of the scope.

They don’t mar and they really grip the scope tube.

And they don’t look half bad.

DF

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Almost all my scopes are mounted on Signature Zee rings.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
… the 1” QD Warne rings I used had a non-captive white metal part in the base of each ring that would fall out and get lost when you dismounted the scope from the rifle

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fuuck China Burris. Lots of non-com ring options. But, yes, the Signature inserts are cool..... To each his own.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
What says the fire?? This will be a 30mm tube scope and don't care about weight. TIA

Warne Maxima

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you want a really robust ring the Arken Halo rings are really nice but not pretty. However, you need the Burris Extreme Tactical bases for these rings as the cross bolt won't fit a standard picatinny rail. They are even marked on the base mounting screw location and the scope cap mounting screws with the screw torque rating and they have double screws on the scope caps.

If you want decent looking and you're looking for a gloss ring I haven't found anything else on the market lately that has as nice of a finish as the Burris. Not sure why everyone has given up on providing a decent gloss scope ring these days, but they are just about impossible to find. I've been buying the Burris on ebay brand new for around $22 or so and haven't been disappointed yet. Most of them are unmarked but they have worked perfectly for me and alignment of them is very good as long as my bases are aligned properly.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I'm a fan of the Burris signature rings, plenty strong never leave ring marks on your scope and you can add elevation or windage with the inserts
This

I only buy two ring mounts for the last several years. Talley LW where applicable. Burris Signature in Burris Ex Tactical bases where Talleys are not applicable.
Tallys are clearly not applicable here.
[Linked Image from content.osgnetworks.tv]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Huntz
I like the Burris inserts, but the Zee ring split clamping design is just plain stupid.
Explain that???

The ring has an angled cut that allows it to be squeezed against the base when the crossbolt is tightened actually bending it a bit. Often it needs to be pried open a bit to remove the ring. Every other maker, even Burris on other rings, uses a moving clamp that gets pulled straight across as it’s tightened. At the end of that cut, the remaining steel is pretty thin. I still have some because I like the inserts, but it’s an odd idea IMO.

There are advantages. No flimsy clamp piece to deform and lose tension as on so many Weaver style rings, or get lost. No nuts to get lost.

On the other hand, the rings do not lift straight up and off of the bases. They must be slid forward or back until they clear the base. On most of my rifles, I can do that without removing the scope from the rings.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sheister
If you want a really robust ring the Arken Halo rings are really nice but not pretty. However, you need the Burris Extreme Tactical bases for these rings as the cross bolt won't fit a standard picatinny rail.
Did you mean they won't fit a Weaver-style rail?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Huntz
I like the Burris inserts, but the Zee ring split clamping design is just plain stupid.
Explain that???

The ring has an angled cut that allows it to be squeezed against the base when the crossbolt is tightened actually bending it a bit. Often it needs to be pried open a bit to remove the ring. Every other maker, even Burris on other rings, uses a moving clamp that gets pulled straight across as it’s tightened. At the end of that cut, the remaining steel is pretty thin. I still have some because I like the inserts, but it’s an odd idea IMO.

Love it how a campfire blowhard finds the benchrest community "stupid and odd" laugh

Most benchrest rifles use a "Davidson" style base instead of a weaver or picatinny style base, many have used a similar design to the Burris for decades with great success

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The Davidson type rings are split in the middle so the squeeze is symmetrical. They also don't have a thin spot at the end of the split either. The design is similar to the Burris only in a rather broad sense.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the Vortex Pro Series rings on a few rifles and have no complaints. They’re less expensive, lighter and nicer looking (to me at least) than their precision matched rings (aka Seekins) AND they’re Made in the USA. I don’t know who makes them for Vortex but I suspect it is Warne? Pretty sure they’re the only Vortex products I own. I prefer the Warne Mountain Tech overall but these save a few bucks.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020789393?pid=748317

Last edited by drano 25; 07/17/23.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by drano 25
I have the Vortex Pro Series rings on a few rifles and have no complaints. They’re less expensive, lighter and nicer looking (to me at least) than their precision matched rings (aka Seekins) AND they’re Made in the USA. I don’t know who makes them, but for Vortex but I suspect it is Warne? Pretty sure they’re the only Vortex products I own. I prefer the Warne Mountain Tech overall but these save a few bucks.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020789393?pid=748317

Those are a dead ringer for the Arken rings mentioned previously, which are very good. Obviously whoever makes those for Vortex makes them for Arken as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.leapers.com/utg-pro-12pcs-low-profile-poi-picatinny-rings-rwu012510.html

These are their USA made rings. They also have cheaper econo China made rings. Available in post recoil style or piccitinny type. I've got the 34mm sets on a Burris XTR and S&B PMII.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Sheister
If you want a really robust ring the Arken Halo rings are really nice but not pretty. However, you need the Burris Extreme Tactical bases for these rings as the cross bolt won't fit a standard picatinny rail.
Did you mean they won't fit a Weaver-style rail?

The ones I got wouldn't fit a standard Weaver style base or rail. The Burris Extreme Tactical bases seem to have a slightly wider slot in them to accommodate the tactical style rings. They are extremely stout..

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

282 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 36 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.