Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Waaa! Waaa! Waaa! - "People keep buying primers - they have too many." "Stop buying and the price will go down and supply up"

I love that crowd.

Tells me all I need to know about you....

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nobody wants to be “that guy” who is forced to pay 250 for a 1000 when they really need them from gunbroker….. I have about 4000 on hand and for my needs that’s good for a few years….. if I see a deal, I may grab another brick here or there….. it’s the guys buying everything in stock to resell or hoard that are the problem.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ModelT
Glad I don’t reload and fool with all of that tiddly worry. Box of 32 winchester special last me 15 years.

Wow!! You really get after it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not much of a shortage that will last. I bought them all a few days ago.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Are they all being bought up by the feds for ammo for Ukraine? Seems minimal shortage on the other size primers but Large rifle and large rifle magnum are nowhere to be found.

You can find them, they are just expensive!!! Actually they have been in very short supply for over a year now, but are just now hitting the shelves at very high costs. You've been hiding under a rock for the last 2 years?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Are they all being bought up by the feds for ammo for Ukraine? Seems minimal shortage on the other size primers but Large rifle and large rifle magnum are nowhere to be found.
I've got 600 Winchester Large Rifle, and 100 Federal Magnum Large Rifle, primers, and would gladly sell them to you, then ship them to you, but it seems that the regulations nowadays are so complicated that I don't think I'd want to get involved in it.
Primers and powder are not hard to ship. Just assemble it into loaded rounds and put a "limited quantity" sticker on the box.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Waaa! Waaa! Waaa! - "People keep buying primers - they have too many." "Stop buying and the price will go down and supply up"

I love that crowd.

Tells me all I need to know about you....

As your post tells us all we need to know about you.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why bother with the reloader peons when you can sell hunting calibers at a buck a pop and north? The industry has really abandoned its base.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Glad I don’t reload and fool with all of that tiddly worry. Box of 32 winchester special last me 15 years.
The real question is WGAF about a dick who doesn't enjoy shooting and then acts like everyone should feel the same?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Why bother with the reloader peons when you can sell hunting calibers at a buck a pop and north? The industry has really abandoned its base.

^ That's the real answer, it takes a while to catch up when Demorats take charge and there is an ammo vacuum. I'm sure loaded ammo has a higher profit margin than selling primers, so those get priority. Things will mellow a bit in 18 months if we can avoid a civil war.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tzone

But….on the bright side, when SHTF and it’s TEOTWAWKI there won’t be any bandits and highwaymen raiding his home. 😀

I don’t think I’ve owned just 1 box of ammo ever since I 8…back then I’d do some work and then ride my bike a couple miles to the Ted’s fishing shop who also sold ammo back then and buy a box of 50 .22lr.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by tzone

But….on the bright side, when SHTF and it’s TEOTWAWKI there won’t be any bandits and highwaymen raiding his home. 😀

I don’t think I’ve owned just 1 box of ammo ever since I 8…back then I’d do some work and then ride my bike a couple miles to the Ted’s fishing shop who also sold ammo back then and buy a box of 50 .22lr.
He'll be surprised years from now when he tries to find his next box of .32 Special

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wont say what I got, but way more than I'd need if things were normal. Things have obviously turned out not normal and I'm not sorry I'm sitting on what I am.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I started years ago trying to keep 2 election cycles worth of components on hand. I feel sorry for the new shooter/reloader that have never experienced these shortages.

lightman
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by lightman
I started years ago trying to keep 2 election cycles worth of components on hand. I feel sorry for the new shooter/reloader that have never experienced these shortages.

That's where I'm at. I can't say that about a particular powder depending how many different rifles I end up using that same powder for, but I can say that about primers. Actually well beyond that on the primer front. A hoarder is someone who accumulates way more than they will ever use. My primer stash will have an end date, but it will get me way down the road.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by hanco
They don’t want us to have them
This most definitely.
The “shortage” started long before the first Russian troop stepped over the border.
Government contracts to Ammo manufacturers are much more lucrative than selling Joe Reloader. ...
This ^^^^^^

Originally Posted by sherm_61
... Why should Vista buy more equipment and hire more employees couldn't get them anyway to pump out more primers when they can just triple the price and do nothing different its not rocket science.
And This ^^^^^^^

Uncle Sugar can spend YOUR tax dollars to suck up the supply of primer so that YOU cannot resist when the brown shirts start coming around. Meanwhile, Vista is in a position where they are running full production, fully sold out, making 2x or 3x more profit than they were making previously. Why incur the additional cost (risk) to expand production when in 16 months, Donald Trump may be re-elected, and all of the panic buying comes to a screeching halt? Vista is sitting golden right now with Government contracts. Same as Barret. Why sell a lower cost, lower profit Barret Field Craft to picky individual rifle snobs? When you can sell a higher cost, MUCH higher profit military arm to Uncle Sugar who will in all likelihood will tell the grunts to STFU if they dare to complain about the rifle?

Last edited by Orion2000; 07/19/23.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Jews don't want you to have them.

That way they can kill you all off and pump their own septic tanks.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They all went to Ukraine.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by lightman

That's where I'm at. I can't say that about a particular powder depending how many different rifles I end up using that same powder for, but I can say that about primers. Actually well beyond that on the primer front. A hoarder is someone who accumulates way more than they will ever use. My primer stash will have an end date, but it will get me way down the road.

F that. My grandkids are going to need primers and powder after I am gone. It is time to start looking for scrap lead again. I am down to 150 lb of alloy ingots and 100 lb of bullets cast.

I ain't no hoarder!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Wise people, who prepare in advance for hard times, are always condemned as hoarders by the less wise.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 1_deuce, 10 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,508
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.