Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Hi Doug,

Between the insane amounts of hoarding like people buying for calibers that they don't even own!, and the fact that Nosler is so small of a manufacture. Then there's having contracts with other ammo manufactures to use our bullets like Federal Premium line, and the third strike is the fact we are slowly but surely moving the machines to our new building so they have some serious down time and re-assembly of these enormous machines - it all takes its toll on what is being produced and how much of each.
I pray things can get back to normal real soon because the frustration on both side is getting to us all.
Thank you for being a loyal customer of ours. We know full well it's Nosler handloaders like you that put us on the map - and we don't take that lightly. We are doing all we can for our loyal customers like you to get you the supplies you need. I wish there were more than 24hrs in a day or 7 days in a week, but that's all there is and we are doing are best to use each minute of the day wisely and get more products made for people like you.

Thank You
David A
On Thu, 13 Jul at 8:59 AM , Douglas. rogillio <douglas.rogilliooutlook.com> wrote:
Nosler
New submission for form NOS Contact Us

Question About: Reloading
Email Address: douglas.rogilliooutlook.com
Name: Doug Rogillio
How can we help you?: I do not understand why certain Accubond bullets, specifically .308 165's, have been unavailable for so long. I am on the alert list. But, this borders on ridiculous. My MidwayUSA backorder was cancelled by them after 18 months. What gives?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nosler making excuses. No surprise there.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
While I don't like the fact that they got themselves into this situation, seems like an honest response.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Between the insane amounts of hoarding like people buying for calibers that they don't even own!..............."

WWP53D
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Right. During the number one time of max prices and demand, they are moving all their machines and causing down time.

So, who is getting fired? Lol

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
"Between the insane amounts of hoarding like people buying for calibers that they don't even own!..............."

Ha. I was thinking the same thing.

Bet that new factory won’t come without another price hike either.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that myself. The last AB's I bought were $40 per 50. Now the price for the phantom bullets is $70. Tough pill to swallow.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that myself. The last AB's I bought were $40 per 50. Now the price for the phantom bullets is $70. Tough pill to swallow.

You aren't kidding! They're truly way up into the premium price now.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Excuses for what? They don’t want customers to have product? Maybe, Noslers notifications on their website isn’t a good idea. Companies have priorities. Have you laid out notifications elsewhere? I’ve seen accubonds on the shelf and through midway in the last month alone.

Last edited by smallfry; 07/19/23.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Buy low and hold…..😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Buy low and hold…..😊

At least 10,000 at a time.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P

In my neck of the woods $70 is considered AB's on sale...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Don’t forget most of the bullet manufacturers produce loaded ammo which in of itself consumes bullet productions. Definitely helps the profit margins.

GreggH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe they should stop making silencers and rifles and all the other hoopla and stick to bullets hell they can even make some primer make some real money

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fotis
Maybe they should stop making silencers and rifles and all the other hoopla and stick to bullets hell they can even make some primer make some real money
Betting bullets are made by different people on different machines than firearms or silencers. May not even be in the same building.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone who cannot find what they need posted a t WTB on here??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doug, I believe SPS had 165 NAB's recently, though they are obviously 2nd's. Perhaps you were you looking for 1st's?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smallfry
Excuses for what? .

Sucking at much of what they do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You aren't kidding! They're truly way up into the premium price now.

Have used BTs and Sierra bullets exclusively for over 30 years.
Liked performance, quality. And the look so much better than the other
Big 4s products. Made my loads look good.

Both companies have pushed their prices beyond their value.
Darn shame about Steve H and his Jab BS.

Right now there is enough stock to last for my foreseeable future in the basement.
So there is no need to chose between getting it between the cheeks, or supporting someone who screws his employees.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s funny how we can all read the same response and each of us comes away with a different opinion about it. 😀. I read Nosler’s reply and I thought That’s a personal reply to a question he probably gets nonstop. He explained the obstacles they’re facing, why they’re struggling to keep up with demand and the desire to get this resolved as fast as possible. I definitely understand the frustration on our end but I also know that small business doesn’t like not keeping up with the demand for their products because that’s lost revenue so it’s not them being difficult. The plans to move into a bigger facility are likely decisions made in the years prior and not every contingency can be accounted for. No company likes interruptions to their manufacturing line or an inability to keep up with demand so I imagine that response was as honest and genuine as it was unwelcome. 😂

My issue with Nosler isn’t so much their availability but more their ridiculous pricing. I know Accubonds are desirable but give me a break on their cost, they aren’t magic. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That nosler rep should write speeches for the Biden admin. First of all, they are not a “small” poor factory. They have been around since the 1940’s for f sake! John nosler is rolling over in his damn grave right now because of how his company is being ran. Nosler has not been here for it’s “loyal” customers, like he wants to make you all believe. They have been trying to fu ck us for the last 3 years. Blaming it on this and that. When I emailed them, they put the blame on Covid. Being from Oregon and only living 120 miles from them, I saw what they were doing and did not like it then. Just as I don’t like their antics now. I don’t buy bullets from them anymore, and neither do a lot of people I know. We’ve moved on until they start thinking of the customer and not about lining their pockets. There are other bullet manufacturers out there that kept us supplied, without making excuses, nor butt taping us.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well more than 1 way to look at things. Over the 7/4 holiday I bought 4 (50ct) bags of .308 165 gr nbt's at 22 ea and 3 bags of 165 npt's @25 ea. Prolly got screwed by sps again but that was the best price I've seen in a long while. I have other bullets but wanted these..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Nosler anything is an easy pass. Plenty of other options.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nosler should put you all on their BODs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well more than 1 way to look at things. Over the 7/4 holiday I bought 4 (50ct) bags of .308 165 gr nbt's at 22 ea and 3 bags of 165 npt's @25 ea. Prolly got screwed by sps again but that was the best price I've seen in a long while. I have other bullets but wanted these..mb

And you don't even own a rifle chambered in anything .30 cal, do ya? laugh

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The explanation sounds reasonable. Believe it or don’t. He could’ve left out the speculation/sermonizing about hoarders; I doubt very seriously he has an actual evidence of that being a real factor, and if he did it would’ve been easy for Nosler to limit how many bullets were sold to make it difficult.

They can charge whatever they want. I have no idea what their costs are, except I’m certain that they’re higher than before and going up just like everything else. If I think it’s too much, I’ll buy something else or do without, just like everything else. I recently bought 100 BT blems from SPS and saved $8 overall over any other in-stock price.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Short version: they're making tons of money with other contracts and don't care if you can find components anymore.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nosler isn't the only one. Hornady has completely abandoned production of "boutique calibers" (mainly all the African crap but also traditional calibers like the 3006, etc) in favor of all the high demand "new age" stuff like the Creedmoor, PPC, etc. But hey it's business, but it goes to show you that money is the bottom line and they could give a f uck about customer loyalty..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Short version: they're making tons of money with other contracts and don't care if you can find components anymore.

THIS

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Available or not, they have pretty muched priced themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned.

It's pretty much SPS sales for me anymore

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They are pricing themselves out of the bullet business. Customers will turn to manufacturers that price their bullets cheaper. It doesn’t take a premium bullet to kill deer or pigs like most of us hunt. I do like their ballistic tips.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by hanco
They are pricing themselves out of the bullet business. Customers will turn to manufacturers that price their bullets cheaper. It doesn’t take a premium bullet to kill deer or pigs like most of us hunt. I do like their ballistic tips.
THIS. While I have Nosler bullets in BT,NP,and Accubonds for several calibers I won't be buying anymore anytime soon. I lucked into a bunch of Sierra Game King in 25,270 and 30 caliber and these will suit my needs.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Easy button. Buy interlocks and kill stuff. When noslers become available, go back to an accubond. But i bet you don't go back lol. Accubonds are awesome, no denying that, and the price don't bother me. It's a hunting bullet that works and you can trust. But when stuff got scarce and interlocks were on the shelf, I made the switch. Killed alot of game with them from 50 to 600 yards no problem. Plus it gives you a chance to work another load and shoot your gun.

B
B
I too was a loyal Nosler handloader, really liked the AccuBond and the BTs. Over the last few years, I’ve developed loads for mainly Hornady due to their bullets being much more available. While I find the reasons for shortages given by the Nosler rep in the letter, I don’t know if I’ll move back to Nosler from Hornady. Maybe the AB for specific application.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I shot Nosler bullets almost exclusively. They flat out work so no reason to go elsewhere. When their products became difficult to find or too expensive I quickly became a Hornady fan. No problem finding Interlock or Interbond bullets. Maybe I'll go back to Nosler when they become more available, or maybe not.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I have quite a few Noslers from years back when they were priced differently. If I’m spending Nosler money today I’m buying Barnes. For my hunting in all honesty I’ve switched to quite a few Speer offerings. $24-28 a box when available and I’ve not had any trouble getting them to shoot accurately.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The explanation sounds reasonable. Believe it or don’t. He could’ve left out the speculation/sermonizing about hoarders; I doubt very seriously he has an actual evidence of that being a real factor, and if he did it would’ve been easy for Nosler to limit how many bullets were sold to make it difficult.

They can charge whatever they want. I have no idea what their costs are, except I’m certain that they’re higher than before and going up just like everything else. If I think it’s too much, I’ll buy something else or do without, just like everything else. I recently bought 100 BT blems from SPS and saved $8 overall over any other in-stock price.

Interesting that you mention SPS. I visited their site last night. I don't think I have ever seen a shorter selection of bullets and brass. Not even back during Covid and the rush on supplies. That got me thinking. Why? Is Nosler manufacturing less, therefore the produce fewer blems. Or, is their changeover to a new facility and new equipment resulting in fewer blems?

I used to be die hard Nosler. Not anymore. Between the damn goat rope with the Nosler Rifle that I bought and the bullet situation, I have sorta written them off. Interestingly, Sierra has moved into more premium pricing territory. I have never loved Hornady, but their stuff works, it's priced reasonably and they have had a FAR better in-stock position than any other manufacturer.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Been whacking deer with Interlocks for a while now. I've only recovered one so far. See no reason to change. They work. Along with a buffet of other bullets. If I feel like I'm going to need more penetration, I'll use a barnes or hammer bullet. I have a small stash of nosler BTs and PTs. At this rate I may be able to trade them for another rifle that will shoot interlocks of Xs!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see a lot of comments that mirror my sentiment. The Accubond had been a staple for me in a dozen-ish rifles for years and I had little reason to explore other options. Like many, I like to keep a goodly supply of all components and when some of their bullets started becoming unobtainium and prices continued to climb (price a distant second to availability), I begrudgingly began exploring other avenues. The surprise to my narrow, brand-loyal mind was there were indeed a lot of suitable options that accomplish the same things - and with far greater availability.

I'm now down to shooting the Accubond in two rifles these days and the Varmint BT in another.

I fully understand they need to keep their entity on solid foundation - catering to contracts and guarantees is sound business practice. Their ventures into other revenue streams (rifles, suppressors etc) to diversify is also sound business practice. And even though the one (bullets) has little to do with the others, it still takes capital to do those other ventures and one can't help but wonder if they might have cut off the nose to spite the face.

But just an FYI here, if you continue to buy the factory firsts and the costs continue to rise, you're enabling them to keep doing so. Do we think they're just breaking even on the seconds from SPS that most here (self-included) can't tell the difference in appearance or performance? laugh

'Merica baby - they're able to run their business how they deem appropriate and we have a choice on whether or not to purchase.

WWP53D
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
High pricing at retail is controlled by the retailers. Here in NW Nevada the big boxes Cabelas, Sportsman's Whse and Scheels often have the same components as they become available.

Sheels by far has the most ammo and components and the best pricing. I'd been looking for 6.5 140 grain Partitions to try in my 6.5x300 Wby as Mule Deer had great luck with them. I first found them at Sportsman's @ $89.95/50 and told myself no way. Went to Scheels after and found a pile of them at $48.99/50. Took a lot of self control to not buy a dozen or more and came home with two.

It's more than the manufacturers inflicting the pain on consumers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JLimbo
It's more than the manufacturers inflicting the pain on consumers.

Cannot disagree. But Nosler is a little different animal - in that you can purchase directly from them.
And they set the MSRP - they'll obviously be higher or no retailers would play.

But when we can buy boutique bullets for less cheddar, there's a problem.

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I killed my first deer with a Nosler Ballistic Tip handload. I've visited their place in Oregon a few times over the years. For me, what was once NBT territory is now mostly Hornady offerings or even Speer. What was NAB or Partition territory is going to Barnes as my supplies run out. I'll still grab some Nosler 2nds if the price is right, but I don't hold my breath and wait, I just move on......

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I see a lot of comments that mirror my sentiment. The Accubond had been a staple for me in a dozen-ish rifles for years and I had little reason to explore other options. Like many, I like to keep a goodly supply of all components and when some of their bullets started becoming unobtainium and prices continued to climb (price a distant second to availability), I begrudgingly began exploring other avenues. The surprise to my narrow, brand-loyal mind was there were indeed a lot of suitable options that accomplish the same things - and with far greater availability.

I'm now down to shooting the Accubond in two rifles these days and the Varmint BT in another.

I fully understand they need to keep their entity on solid foundation - catering to contracts and guarantees is sound business practice. Their ventures into other revenue streams (rifles, suppressors etc) to diversify is also sound business practice. And even though the one (bullets) has little to do with the others, it still takes capital to do those other ventures and one can't help but wonder if they might have cut off the nose to spite the face.

But just an FYI here, if you continue to buy the factory firsts and the costs continue to rise, you're enabling them to keep doing so. Do we think they're just breaking even on the seconds from SPS that most here (self-included) can't tell the difference in appearance or performance? laugh

'Merica baby - they're able to run their business how they deem appropriate and we have a choice on whether or not to purchase.

I'm calling it for what it is... Drug Dealer pricing...

Double your prices, and you are selling only one third of the amount of product you use to sell, then you are losing money.
Nosler has alienated a lot of their customer base who have been solid users for decades. In a competitive market, what they are doing shooting themselves in the ass, unless the Nosler family is trying to jack up the value in the short run, and are looking for a big name buyer just to cash out.

Whoever is advising them on the prices they set, needs to be fired. If they are building a new manufacturing facility, then they better hope they have enough in sales to justify its existence and the expense. What they have now was built back in 1967, when they moved from to Bend from Ashland OR. They were also given a long term break on taxation, by the city of Bend, to secure their business being based there.

Well Bend has grown dramatically in the last 50 plus years and is all woke and liberal nowadays, so like good democRATs their taxes are off the charters. I'm sure the city Fathers are want a big chunk of all that money Nosler has made and has had lower taxes for the last 50 years... and now that party is over.

Oregon's business climate ran by leftist DemocRATS, is busy chasing away businesses. IN the shooting and hunting world, anyone who has followed this Measure 114, should be able to see that. One reason Weatherby moved to Wyoming from California. Oregon liberals are striving to have the toughest gun laws in the nation, in a mainly rural state, shows the business stupidity of our dope smoking liberals.... yet they lead the way in legalizing drugs, and are how to Antfia and BLM up in Potlandia.

I'm not sending much of my hard earned money Nosler's way anytime soon. I find I am using Speer products more and more, just like I use to...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire

I'm calling it for what it is... Drug Dealer pricing...

Double your prices, and you are selling only one third of the amount of product you use to sell, then you are losing money.
Nosler has alienated a lot of their customer base who have been solid users for decades. In a competitive market, what they are doing shooting themselves in the ass, unless the Nosler family is trying to jack up the value in the short run, and are looking for a big name buyer just to cash out.

Whoever is advising them on the prices they set, needs to be fired. If they are building a new manufacturing facility, then they better hope they have enough in sales to justify its existence and the expense. What they have now was built back in 1967, when they moved from to Bend from Ashland OR. They were also given a long term break on taxation, by the city of Bend, to secure their business being based there.

Well Bend has grown dramatically in the last 50 plus years and is all woke and liberal nowadays, so like good democRATs their taxes are off the charters. I'm sure the city Fathers are want a big chunk of all that money Nosler has made and has had lower taxes for the last 50 years... and now that party is over.

Oregon's business climate ran by leftist DemocRATS, is busy chasing away businesses. IN the shooting and hunting world, anyone who has followed this Measure 114, should be able to see that. One reason Weatherby moved to Wyoming from California. Oregon liberals are striving to have the toughest gun laws in the nation, in a mainly rural state, shows the business stupidity of our dope smoking liberals.... yet they lead the way in legalizing drugs, and are how to Antfia and BLM up in Potlandia.

I'm not sending much of my hard earned money Nosler's way anytime soon. I find I am using Speer products more and more, just like I use to...
Great post John. I wanted to say the som biotches have gone woke in my post as well, but then that seems to offend people. What the dems have done to that state is part of the reason I don’t live there anymore. Bend wants to be some kind of a high desert miniature version of Portland. It’s sickening. Guys scoff at my remarks before about the younger Nosler family running things and that they are driving away customers. This has been evident for the last couple years. Looks like some are finally waking up to this.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Frankly, I have never used Nosler bullets very much. One reason is I could find Sierra, Speer and Hornady in 100 bullet boxes except for heavies like 250 gr. 35 caliber and the like. Two experiences with Nosler bullets left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. The one bullet they make I really like is the 30 cal, 165 Accubond. I've only taken one animal with it but it was impressive, considering I felt it was actually too lightweight for the job. I've always like a heavy for caliber bullet for most of my hunting. Probably over the years I've hunted game, started reloading in 1954, did my first hunt ever in 1949 my handloaded ammo used strictly Sierra bullets. That was mostly because they were the easiest to buy in San Francisco where I lived at the time. Game was usually deer and the bullet usually used was the 150 gr. 30 ca. Pro-Hunters although they weren't called that back then IIRC. When I later left California for good, I loaded some ammo for a friend who favored 80 gr. bullets and wasn't too pleased with the meat damage from the reloads. He did like the way they blew jackrabbits up though. He talked me into tryin 180 gr. bullets for the 30-06 and when I switched to a .308 I went back to the 150 gr. to gain some distance, I didn't like the meat damage from the .308 so gambled on some 165 gr. Speer Hot Cores and never looked back. It turns out that Speer bullet is also the only one my Ruger M77 will shoot with any king of accuracy. I've ben using it on deer ever since. he 165 gr. AB is about the heaviest bullet one 30-06 I have that has any accuracy. No Idea what the twist rate is in the barrel but I think it may be slower than 1 in 12". It's on an FN Mauser that was installed free and the barrel itself was all of $100.00. Would have been a fantastic deal if it would've shot 180 gr. bullets well. I used it as a back up rifle on an elk hunt and when the scope crapped out on my .35 Whelen it was either take the scope off the 06 or just use the 06. I chose the latter and it all worked out just fine. I have a very good supply of the 165 gr. Speer Hot Cores and if the 06 likes them I'll use them when my small supply of ABs runs out.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Nosler bullets have no peer, IMO. I'm betting they sell all they can make and have people waiting in line. Hornady is the one who went "woke", with Steve mandating the jab and all to his employees.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I run a small mfg business, not firearms related. Before seeing this thread, a few days ago, I said to one of my guys, "It's just plain harder to run the business, than it used to be." Customers, suppliers, regulations, you name it, there's a lot more administrative overhead in damn near everything. On top of that, as a society we've denigrated skilled trades, and it's a major problem across many industries, including metalworking. It's hard to find skilled people to make precision product, and you have to pay them a lot more than you did 10 years ago.

We buy a lot of raw materials, and arrange for subcontracting, and I'd say a lot of manufacturing companies have actually lost capacity in the past 10 years - especially after the pandemic. Most of that is due to loss of skilled workers, but it's also harder to find good office people too - buyers, schedulers, engineers, you name it. I'm lucky that I've had a fairly free hand from the company owners, and I've taken the approach of paying what I need to pay to get people in, that we need to operate. If my costs go up, I'll raise prices to maintain profits, and keep the business healthy and well able to serve customers. Some businesses focus purely on short-term results - or, the operations people know what to do, but are held back by financial types who only want to harvest profit, and not put any back into the business.

I like and prefer Nosler bullets. Whatever their exact challenges are, the odds are they are complex, and not easily solved.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tex_n_cal - that's a good (and different) perspective. And you're right.

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I like and prefer Nosler bullets. Whatever their exact challenges are, the odds are they are complex, and not easily solved.

Exactly.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Nosler isn't the only one. Hornady has completely abandoned production of "boutique calibers" (mainly all the African crap but also traditional calibers like the 3006, etc) in favor of all the high demand "new age" stuff like the Creedmoor, PPC, etc. But hey it's business, but it goes to show you that money is the bottom line and they could give a f uck about customer loyalty..

That may be true, but in the case of .400J and .404J (which is all I care about) Hornady is back at it hard. I waited on them for what seemed like forever, and I've recently built up a lifetime supply of .400J bullets and brass. Even the double boys have restarted chambering for the .400J.

Now I just wish they'd offer up a 300 grain DG-X Bonded for the 9.3mm to pair up with the 300 grain DGS. Their reason (excuse) for why they haven't is just a head shaker...
I'll keep asking (nicely)...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Interesting that you mention SPS. I visited their site last night. I don't think I have ever seen a shorter selection of bullets and brass. Not even back during Covid and the rush on supplies. That got me thinking. Why? Is Nosler manufacturing less, therefore the produce fewer blems. Or, is their changeover to a new facility and new equipment resulting in fewer blems?

I used to be die hard Nosler. Not anymore. Between the damn goat rope with the Nosler Rifle that I bought and the bullet situation, I have sorta written them off. Interestingly, Sierra has moved into more premium pricing territory. I have never loved Hornady, but their stuff works, it's priced reasonably and they have had a FAR better in-stock position than any other manufacturer.

I check various suppliers from time to time to see if items I use are available, especially available and on sale. Those BTs have been scarce, and as my most used .30 cal bullet, I was glad to find some. I load them interchangeably with ABs of the same weight in my .308, sometimes ten of each in a box. I agree pickings at SPS have been pretty slim; sometimes I wonder why they even send out emails when they don’t have anything to sell. Maybe once they get their operation back to normal, things will get better. I’m not locked into anything, but when something works, I buy more.

When 6.5 ABLRs were unobtanium, I tried Gold Dots in my Grendel and was pleasantly surprised. Reasonably priced, accurate, and based on a sample of one, good killers. I got about 12 inches of penetration before it sailed off into the ether. DRT. Wouldn’t mind trying some in .308, if I ever find some….. Those seem to be forever sold out.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JPro
I killed my first deer with a Nosler Ballistic Tip handload. I've visited their place in Oregon a few times over the years. For me, what was once NBT territory is now mostly Hornady offerings or even Speer. What was NAB or Partition territory is going to Barnes as my supplies run out. I'll still grab some Nosler 2nds if the price is right, but I don't hold my breath and wait, I just move on......

About the same thoughts. I used alot of Nosler and still have a ton, but buying more ain't likely in the cards unless I am getting 2nds or deals on em.

Semper Fi
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

I check various suppliers from time to time to see if items I use are available, especially available and on sale. Those BTs have been scarce, and as my most used .30 cal bullet, I was glad to find some. I load them interchangeably with ABs of the same weight in my .308, sometimes ten of each in a box. I agree pickings at SPS have been pretty slim; sometimes I wonder why they even send out emails when they don’t have anything to sell. Maybe once they get their operation back to normal, things will get better. I’m not locked into anything, but when something works, I buy more.

When 6.5 ABLRs were unobtanium, I tried Gold Dots in my Grendel and was pleasantly surprised. Reasonably priced, accurate, and based on a sample of one, good killers. I got about 12 inches of penetration before it sailed off into the ether. DRT. Wouldn’t mind trying some in .308, if I ever find some….. Those seem to be forever sold out.

I was in Sportsmans Warehouse today and the had a few boxes of 150gr .308 gold dots.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

And you don't even own a rifle chambered in anything .30 cal, do ya? laugh
Well I would not say that 1 307, 2 30-30, 3 300 savs, 7 308's, 1 doz 30-06's, 2 30-06 wildcats, 3 300 win mags, 1 308 Norma mag and 1 30-338. I have more than a few .308" bullets but was out of 165 nbt and npt's. I just buy wtf I want..mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 07/21/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Futura

I was in Sportsmans Warehouse today and the had a few boxes of 150gr .308 gold dots.

They just opened one of those near here. I’ll look. Thanks.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only in fairness,Nuzzler has been eclipsed for decades and offers nothing worth a flying fhuqk. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Puddle

That may be true, but in the case of .400J and .404J (which is all I care about) Hornady is back at it hard. I waited on them for what seemed like forever, and I've recently built up a lifetime supply of .400J bullets and brass. Even the double boys have restarted chambering for the .400J.

Now I just wish they'd offer up a 300 grain DG-X Bonded for the 9.3mm to pair up with the 300 grain DGS. Their reason (excuse) for why they haven't is just a head shaker...
I'll keep asking (nicely)...

Do you mean the 450/400 or the 404J? Doesn't matter because it's not available anywhere. And they have "no plans" for the 450NE, 375Fl, 405 WCF, 404J, and a whole host of other calibers.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nosler inflates there BCs tremendously and so it's no surprise that they inflate there excuses as well! I have grown more of an appreciation for Hornady as a company and nowadays that's where I put my cash.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
He wishes people were WhoreDing his products "for calibers they don't even have".

Typical BS politician like response to avoid a question. They can go in the same "screw them" category as Hornydee. Plenty of better manufactures out there that are worthy of support.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
As far as Nosler goes I can survive without them. I have only used the Accubond in my Kimber Montana in 325wsm but BT’s I’ll use occasionally as I have plenty, especially in .308 165 & 180 but wish I could round up some .358 BT’s.

As long as Barnes continues with the TSX/TTSX I can feed everything and be happy.

ETA…I don’t use Partitions and never have, nothing wrong with their performance as they’re a fine bullet. I’ve tried to use it in several calibers but I always got better accuracy with others so the Partition was an easy pass. I use A-Frame’s or Trophy Bonded Bear Claws if I’m using C&C (aside from BT’s). I hunt with monos usually but I’ll use whatever good C&C for deer sometimes.

I should clarify that the accuracy I was getting from the Partition was plenty acceptable and more than adequate for hunting, groups were usually around 1.5” or so. I just got big hole accuracy with others so that’s what I chose.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 07/21/23.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
If only in fairness,Nuzzler has been eclipsed for decades and offers nothing worth a flying fhuqk. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though........................

What bullets do you prefer?

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I tend to bleed Hornady. Hint……….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Shoot a .30 caliber 165 interlock into a gel block and then shoot a nosler accubond or a partition into the gel. Difference will probably not even be noticeable. I know it ain't on deer! Nosler is a great bullet manufacturer, no doubt. Their bullets have never failed me. But why would I spend 70 bucks when 30 gets me the same dang thing? Food for thought.
Also, if I want high performance and bc yada yada, that eld x will take care of that.

Last edited by Coyote10; 07/21/23.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP
Try the Sierra game changers (tipped game kings )
Sierras have been shooting better for me vs Nosler

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
That nosler rep should write speeches for the Biden admin. First of all, they are not a “small” poor factory. They have been around since the 1940’s for f sake! John nosler is rolling over in his damn grave right now because of how his company is being ran. Nosler has not been here for it’s “loyal” customers, like he wants to make you all believe. They have been trying to fu ck us for the last 3 years. Blaming it on this and that. When I emailed them, they put the blame on Covid. Being from Oregon and only living 120 miles from them, I saw what they were doing and did not like it then. Just as I don’t like their antics now. I don’t buy bullets from them anymore, and neither do a lot of people I know. We’ve moved on until they start thinking of the customer and not about lining their pockets. There are other bullet manufacturers out there that kept us supplied, without making excuses, nor butt taping us.
How dare a corporation, in America, of all places, expect to turn a profit?

Capitalism will decide the fate of the company.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
In the last 60 days, I have purchased enough 2'nds from Midway in .243, .264, and .284 to almost earn the hoarder title.

We do have alternatives.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I used to walk in their store and buy what I wanted as needed. I used their bullets almost exclusively. That was a while ago.

I have found alternatives for everything I use with the exception of the. 224 64gr. BSB.

When I found these important to me, I bought quite a few, and probably won't be buying anything made by them any time soon.
UNLESS, they become competitive again. They aren't now, they have been out paced in development, and aren't worth pursuing.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Ha. Need trumps azz back in office. Politicians now drove the price up on everything. Diesel is 4 to 5 bucks, heck even a dang big mac is 12 bucks. I know it's not 1995 anymore but...a dang box of 20 gauge shells is 10! Premium ammo for an old 06 is 100. Not hard to figure out. America needs to drill their own dang oil and tell the communist to shove it. A working family busting it to buy goods and casually stroll down the ammo isle ain't willing to flop a 100 dollar bill on the counter for ammo. Heck it might be more to roll your own!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Coyote10

Ha. Need trumps azz back in office. Politicians now drove the price up on everything. Diesel is 4 to 5 bucks, heck even a dang big mac is 12 bucks. I know it's not 1995 anymore but...a dang box of 20 gauge shells is 10! Premium ammo for an old 06 is 100. Not hard to figure out. America needs to drill their own dang oil and tell the communist to shove it. A working family busting it to buy goods and casually stroll down the ammo isle ain't willing to flop a 100 dollar bill on the counter for ammo. Heck it might be more to roll your own!

A little figgerin’ using current pricing with a premium ($1) bullet and new brass comes out to $50 a box, about what such ammo costs at Midway or Grafs. Both have plenty of decent hunting ammo in the $30-$40 range, saw some for just over $20. As usual, someone that just grabs something off the shelf at Meemaw’s & Peepaw’s is gonna pay, and have limited choices. Now is the time to buy ammo for the coming season, btw, in case anyone’s forgotten the recent past……

Those handloads come down about 40% when you refill your empties, and components that you already have on hand because you planned ahead a bit make those cartridges practically free!

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I run a small mfg business, not firearms related. Before seeing this thread, a few days ago, I said to one of my guys, "It's just plain harder to run the business, than it used to be." Customers, suppliers, regulations, you name it, there's a lot more administrative overhead in damn near everything. On top of that, as a society we've denigrated skilled trades, and it's a major problem across many industries, including metalworking. It's hard to find skilled people to make precision product, and you have to pay them a lot more than you did 10 years ago.

We buy a lot of raw materials, and arrange for subcontracting, and I'd say a lot of manufacturing companies have actually lost capacity in the past 10 years - especially after the pandemic. Most of that is due to loss of skilled workers, but it's also harder to find good office people too - buyers, schedulers, engineers, you name it. I'm lucky that I've had a fairly free hand from the company owners, and I've taken the approach of paying what I need to pay to get people in, that we need to operate. If my costs go up, I'll raise prices to maintain profits, and keep the business healthy and well able to serve customers. Some businesses focus purely on short-term results - or, the operations people know what to do, but are held back by financial types who only want to harvest profit, and not put any back into the business.

Well put. Personally, I'm making more now (per hour) now than I ever have for the simple fact that I have a fairly good reputation for knowledge AND reliability in our area. I've had a couple of other offers more because of reliability in the past 6 months just because the places can't find someone reliable to show up. Bottom line, when you have to pay more just to get a reliable worker in a position, the price of your product has to go up. That being said, I have always preferred to buy locally just to support business in our area even if it meant paying a few pennies more per shot. Now, to get stuff I have had to buy most of my stuff online. Almost all of the small well stocked gun shops within 50 miles have went out of business since O'Bummer got elected the first time.

I have been a Sierra fan since I started loading 20+ years ago, mainly because the pricing and availability in this area was much better and I almost never had a problem finding something that would be accurate and work well on game. Recently I have been buying more Hornady because the Sierra's hve increased more in price. About the only Noslers I shoot are the .30 150 Ballistic tips because they are one of only two bullets that I have found that do well in my '06. No more than I shoot that particular rifle anymore if I can snag another 500 of those it will probably be a lifetime supply, but I still wouln'dt be willing to pay much of a premium for them. The Sierra 165 GKHP shoots just as well and performs just as well on deer, just with what seems to be a slightly longer death sprint from them.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
you know fairness on the hoarding comment..
if you talk to people who worked at various places that sold ammo reloading supplies and such, many would tell you the same people line up at the doors at the time of shipment to buy the maximum amount of stuff the store will allow... I'm sure that is currently slowed down but the times of the highest demand these things were happening in the same people would be at different business locations in the same town areas and that's all they did... granted I'm betting most of them people inflated the prices and put them on GunBroker but still..

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

A little figgerin’ using current pricing with a premium ($1) bullet and new brass comes out to $50 a box, about what such ammo costs at Midway or Grafs. Both have plenty of decent hunting ammo in the $30-$40 range, saw some for just over $20. As usual, someone that just grabs something off the shelf at Meemaw’s & Peepaw’s is gonna pay, and have limited choices. Now is the time to buy ammo for the coming season, btw, in case anyone’s forgotten the recent past……

Those handloads come down about 40% when you refill your empties, and components that you already have on hand because you planned ahead a bit make those cartridges practically free!

I see where your coming from, but you still have to seat a bullet. If it was a partition, to roll up 50 it will be at least 50-60 bucks at the cheapest. And that's after the 3rd or 4th time, figuring in the powder and brass paying for itself on the first 2 loadings. But I'm a reloader, and when it's all said and done you really can't put a price on what your rifle likes and terminal performance. But you can do it for half the price and get the same result with a Hornady bullet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have found that expensive, hard to acquire bullets - are an answer to a problem that goes away with a muzzle velocity of around < 2800 fps, and a range of around < 400 yards.

$60-70/50 box - is a poor economic solution to simply getting closer and shooting better.

GR

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Scarce as our favorite Nosler bullets are, I’m still not seeing a regular supply of my favorite powders nor more especially primers.

We are seeing a lot of Ramshot powders and a few oddballs in this area. If we do get IMR4350 or Varget or H1000 on the shelves its $55-65 a pound with only a few bottles and purchase limits.

I haven’t seen Winchester Large Rifle or CCI Large Pistol primers on shelves since Bloe Jiden took office. I read recently that there are only three or four primer factories in the whole country trying to keep up. Factory ammunition is starting to make a comeback but at prices 50-75 percent higher than two years ago.

To paraphrase and build from what Fotis said earlier, time to quit introducing new cartridges and putting efforts into suppressors etc. and focus all efforts on your bread and butter products.

It’s bad times folks. Bad and just getting worse.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I can remember in the late 90s when you could buy powder for 20 bucks a pound, 100 noslers for 20 bucks, and brass for .25 cents a piece. Primers for 1.99.... that's when it was economical. I mean a box of power point super x's was 12.99. Now it's getting stupid. So to the hoarders out there I say good job. 👍 Now you don't have to deal with the inflation b.s..

Last edited by Coyote10; 07/23/23.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just finished developing a load for my 300 H&H using 200 grain Accubonds and loaded 20 rounds to use for hunting. At the end of the day the box of 50 is almost gone but those loaded 20 rounds will last a while. I'm going to use this rifle on a free range Gemsbuck hunt this fall. When you take into consideration the costs involved gas, food, hotels while traveling taxidermy (if successful) the $50-$60 on the box of bullets is neglidgeable.
My 243's have never seen a bullet other than the NPT 100 grain. I haven't had a 243 in a long time but one is on the way. I can't find the 100gr NPT anywhere but did score two boxes of Barnes 100 grain TTSX and I'm sure these will work just fine.
My LGS hasn't had Nosler bullets of any king for probably over a year. They have the same 3 boxes of 416 400 grain Partitions that they keep raising the price on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

I see where your coming from, but you still have to seat a bullet. If it was a partition, to roll up 50 it will be at least 50-60 bucks at the cheapest. And that's after the 3rd or 4th time, figuring in the powder and brass paying for itself on the first 2 loadings. But I'm a reloader, and when it's all said and done you really can't put a price on what your rifle likes and terminal performance. But you can do it for half the price and get the same result with a Hornady bullet.

I replied to a post about $100 .30/06 ammo, presumably 20-round boxes. Partitions have alway come dear, although a few years back SPS had 150gr .30 overruns for $20 a box of 50, about the cost of “ordinary bullets” from other companies. Pays to poke around and keep an eye out.

I have a hard time using even cheap partitions for target practice, preferring to use leftovers and odds and ends for that. Truth be told, they’re probably overkill for scrawny whitetails, but certainly effective and reliable two-holers.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
I shot Nosler bullets almost exclusively. They flat out work so no reason to go elsewhere. When their products became difficult to find or too expensive I quickly became a Hornady fan. No problem finding Interlock or Interbond bullets. Maybe I'll go back to Nosler when they become more available, or maybe not.

That’s where I’m at. I’m guessing that I won’t be back to Nosler.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

That’s where I’m at. I’m guessing that I won’t be back to Nosler.

That's where a lot of us are. Those that say how dare a company try to turn a little profit in America: Fu ck those guys, they don't have a brain in their head. Those companies are trying to take advantage of their loyal customers. There's no excuse for that. If they lower their prices, I may buy from SPS. But then and only then will I consider it. If they don't, there are much better options out there right now.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have always liked Nosler bullets so a inventory stock pile and also got a bunch of Nosler bullets free from a couple of friends , but now if i need any new different hunting bullets i chose a different direction because Hammer bullets always have their bullets in stock and Hammer bullets also shoot well.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not a bad thing when an American company turns a profit. If the consumer will keep buying it at the price that's set, then good for the company. But the people who are losing their minds (brains) if you will are the people who continually pay more and more. America is about pride of ownership and craftsmanship. Not pricing the working (middle class) out of something they need or want, forcing them into another product. Once a price is set, it can only go up from there. It never comes "back down". Just like fuel, if on one side of the road diesel is 3.50 and the other side of the road it's 3.40, which pump are you choosing? Same thing with these so called hunting bullets. In the end they all pretty much perform at the same level inside 500 yards. So the choice is an easy one for the hunter who wants performance, not a cool looking cartridge. Trust me, I've killed hundreds of deer a d coyotes with an interlock and several with a nosler and there ain't a lick of difference between the two inside 500.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices.
IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
There is no reason for their bullets to be higher than barnes lol I've been shooting accubonds pretty exclusively for years. I'll be swapping over to sierra and hornady as my supply runs out.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GSPfan
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices.
IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

Like others, I've changed over to different manufactures for several bullets because of both availability and price. I still check in with SPS to pick up some that I've stuck with. Placed an order on 7/16 but have yet to receive tracking on them. It's not a rush for me, but over a week and nothing shipped is a bit irksome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices. IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

Actually, from what I've deduced over the years, it takes about 2-3 weeks after the SPS notification of seconds in stock that you'll begin getting notifications from the Midways of the world that they have them in stock.
But if there's a large enough log of backorders, they might not ever show up as available or even be able to fulfill all their backorders with the new inventory.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I got an E Mail from SPS they have a good selection (for these days) of Nosler bullets mostly Accubonds. If you buy $100 worth it's $5 shipping. The only bullet I'd be interested in was the 160 grain 7MM Accubond but I don't need $100 worth of them. I have other choices. IF they have the seconds/blems where are all the 100% bullets? They aren't online or the LGS.

Actually, from what I've deduced over the years, it takes about 2-3 weeks after the SPS notification of seconds in stock that you'll begin getting notifications from the Midways of the world that they have them in stock.
But if there's a large enough log of backorders, they might not ever show up as available or even be able to fulfill all their backorders with the new inventory.

Same thing I have seen..

Same for powders, usually if you start seeing it, even getting sold out quick, it is coming, but going to all the waitlist folks first.

Semper Fi
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Probably with a different color tip on another manufacturers ammo with the leftovers from that run at my local Sportsmans for $70 per box.

Last edited by Futura; 07/24/23.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I enjoy hunting animals far more than hunting components. After seeing Nosler go up to $70 per box I was really, really disappointed. It made me realize they have drunk the KoolAid.

Once I was turned on to the 155 Scenar, in my 308’s & 300 WSM’s, I have not used any of my Accubond stash. The Scenar’s are great and much cheaper……..for now. Have also gathered up as many Hornady Interlocks in 284 & 308 as possible. I have always liked them.

It is possible that I may never shoot any more of my AB lifetime supply.

Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If this thread is in any way indicative of overall consumer sentiment toward Nosler, they are in a world of hurt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If this thread is in any way indicative of overall consumer sentiment toward Nosler, they are in a world of hurt.

If they are able to sell all they make at the current prices, they won’t be hurt at all. Once they’re back at full production capability, we shall see how that goes.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I just took a look and they do have a number of choices, mostly .30, but some others too: ABs, ETs, NPs. Some are surprisingly affordable. Don’t need any, but y’all have at ‘em.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday, one of my local suppliers had a good supply of .30 cal. Nosler 165 Accubonds and 180 Accubonds on the shelf. Plus .30 cal. 125 and 150 Ballistic Tips.

Plenty of CCI, Winchester and Remington small rifle and pistol primers, too. And even some Winchester LR primers.

Generally, people complaining the most about not being available....do the least to find it.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I enjoy hunting animals far more than hunting components. After seeing Nosler go up to $70 per box I was really, really disappointed. It made me realize they have drunk the KoolAid.

Once I was turned on to the 155 Scenar, in my 308’s & 300 WSM’s, I have not used any of my Accubond stash. The Scenar’s are great and much cheaper……..for now. Have also gathered up as many Hornady Interlocks in 284 & 308 as possible. I have always liked them.

Let me know if you have any 7mm's you want to get rid of.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Let me know if you have any 7mm's you want to get rid of.

I will put you first in line.

Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm pretty much done with Nosler. They've left all the traditional caliber support rotting on the vine. There are MUCH better bullets out there anyway (Swifs, Barnes, etc) and the Partitions are the singularly most inaccurate hunting bullets I've ever used across all calibers.

I DO have two rifles that love the 200gr Partition, an R.F. Sedgley and my pre war 70 in 300 H&H, but you can't find them anywhere and Nosler REFUSES to tell us if/when they are going to start putting the out.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I'm pretty much done with Nosler. They've left all the traditional caliber support rotting on the vine. There are MUCH better bullets out there anyway (Swifs, Barnes, etc) and the Partitions are the singularly most inaccurate hunting bullets I've ever used across all calibers.

I DO have two rifles that love the 200gr Partition, an R.F. Sedgley and my pre war 70 in 300 H&H, but you can't find them anywhere and Nosler REFUSES to tell us if/when they are going to start putting the out.

That's one nice thing about Barnes, is they will tell you when production is planned for a particular bullet. A couple years ago I needed some 400gr .416s. With a quick phone call I learned they would be made in late October, and available immediately thereafter. The info was spot-on and I got the bullets when I figured I would.

One thing Barnes could do better is listing the minimum expansion velocities for each bullet, as they rightfully vary depending on the caliber and weight. It would be nice to just know rather than having to call about each one.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I stopped by my LGS looking for bullets for my 6.5X55. They had several boxes of Hornady 140gr SST 100/box $49.99 they also had a box or two of Nosler 140 Accubonds $69.99/50. I went with the Hornady's. I have several boxes of Accubonds in 6.5, 30, 35, 7MM & 375 but when there gone they won't be replaced.

jorgeI I have my 300 H&H sighted in with 200gr Accubonds for an upcoming Gemsbuck hunt. No Partitions available here and I've had the Accubonds for a couple of years. We will see how they perform

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I stopped by my LGS looking for bullets for my 6.5X55. They had several boxes of Hornady 140gr SST 100/box $49.99 they also had a box or two of Nosler 140 Accubonds $69.99/50. I went with the Hornady's. I have several boxes of Accubonds in 6.5, 30, 35, 7MM & 375 but when there gone they won't be replaced.

jorgeI I have my 300 H&H sighted in with 200gr Accubonds for an upcoming Gemsbuck hunt. No Partitions available here and I've had the Accubonds for a couple of years. We will see how they perform

The 200 AB ain't the sleekest, but man does it work on elk for us. One of the best in a 300 or any 30 decent enough to push it.

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like Nosler ABs in 90 grain 0.243", 110 grains in 0.257", and 130 grains in 0.264" In the 6.5mm bore rifles I shoot 129 grain Hornady SSTs for practice, as they shoot chose enough to my 130 grain AB loads to not require a re-zero when going from one to the other. If Hornady made comparable weights and designs for the other 2 bores, I'd try them.

I shoot a variety of Sierras at paper and varmints and 87 grain 0.257" Speers in 1-14" ROT rifles.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Partitions have been kicking asss for 60 years now, and everyone has been trying to "catch up" ever since. Some have succeeded, many have failed. Partitions and Accubonds are never a bad choice IMO.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree JG, but man they’re not supporting us like they used to and they’ve certainly taken advantage of the market to increase the heck out of their prices.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
SPS has spit out a few 140 and 160 7mm's lately though, but I hear 'ya. I've got a decent stash so I'll consider myself lucky.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
SPS has spit out a few 140 and 160 7mm's lately though, but I hear 'ya. I've got a decent stash so I'll consider myself lucky.

Yes sir. Not knocking their bullets just the way they’re doing business.

I’ve got a lot of Nosler on my shelf but it’ll be tough to buy more when they get shot up.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I sent an email to Nosler a couple months ago. Asked them to take me off their mailing list, until they quit with the drug cartel price list. Maybe when the democRATs get out of the White House, and quit running the Senate, Nosler will settle down and get back to being part of the real world.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

ABs will work just fine. They are great bullets and much more accurate than Partitions.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I love Nosler's. I use the Accubonds, Ballistic Tips and E-Tips for almost all my rifles. That being said their prices are horrible. I'm using 100 round boxes of 180 grain .308 Ballistic Tips with $14 price tags. Them I go to SPS and see 50 round bags of blemished bullets for 20 something dollars.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nosler moving their entire operation to Redmond, Oregon. That’s where ammunition plant is located at. I had an opportunity to talk to the QA manager at camp perry. He said Nosler, has to buy their powder like everyone else from powder valley, grafs etc. Hodgdon will not sell bulk to them like varget, H4831 etc, primers they trade bullets for them from Winchester and federal. It was a very good conversation. He left me with this how many planes does Steve Hornady own? How many planes does John Nosler own??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You never hear people bitching about the price of Barnes bullets. Few yrs ago pre Covid you could get 180tsx for what 30-35-40 bucks. Now days 48-50 bucks if not more.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Steve Hornady has a couple planes and Nosler doesnt OK then sounds like Nosler needs to take some lessons from Hornady as he sells bullets cheaper than they do.

I am sure they all live a better life than 99% of the people buying their products

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Nosler moving their entire operation to Redmond, Oregon. That’s where ammunition plant is located at. I had an opportunity to talk to the QA manager at camp perry. He said Nosler, has to buy their powder like everyone else from powder valley, grafs etc. Hodgdon will not sell bulk to them like varget, H4831 etc, primers they trade bullets for them from Winchester and federal. It was a very good conversation. He left me with this how many planes does Steve Hornady own? How many planes does John Nosler own??

I'd be curious to know if Hogdon has that policy for all or for just Nosler and why.

Me

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gene270
Steve Hornady has a couple planes and Nosler doesnt OK then sounds like Nosler needs to take some lessons from Hornady as he sells bullets cheaper than they do.

I am sure they all live a better life than 99% of the people buying their products

Or find some investors design your own bullet sell it at 2010 prices and get back with us.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 79S

I'd be curious to know if Hogdon has that policy for all or for just Nosler and why.

He didn’t say anything about other ammunition makers like hornady. There are powders they can get in bulk if i remyright TAC was one of them, but when it comes to powders like varget and other high demand powder. They are like the rest of us.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
ABs will work just fine. They are great bullets and much more accurate than Partitions.

Could not agree more.

Robert E. Lee
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 79S
You never hear people bitching about the price of Barnes bullets. Few yrs ago pre Covid you could get 180tsx for what 30-35-40 bucks. Now days 48-50 bucks if not more.

Barnes has not doubled their prices like nosler. In my neck of the woods pre-covid nosler partitions and accubonds cost about 50-55$ a box, current going price is 100-110$ CAD.

Barnes TSX/ TTSX was around 50$- now 60-65$, big difference compared to Nosler.

Once my Nosler stock pile dries out i wont be going out buying Nosler's at current prices unless price comes down to sane prices.

Last edited by 8MMX57JS; 08/10/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

I don't know who owns planes. I do know that Hornady has been much more available, at a much better price and they are functional equals to anything Nosler has other than Partitions. What do planes have to do with that?

I'd like to hear from MuleDeer about Hodgdon not selling directly to Nosler. Is that the industry standard?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yesterday at a LGS.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I haven't seen that many bullets anywhere in a long time.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hanco

Agreed 100%

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

I don't know who owns planes. I do know that Hornady has been much more available, at a much better price and they are functional equals to anything Nosler has other than Partitions. What do planes have to do with that?

I'd like to hear from MuleDeer about Hodgdon not selling directly to Nosler. Is that the industry standard?

People on here howl at the moon, how nosler outrageous prices are lining the pockets of John Nosler. John Nosler owns zero planes. While Steve Hornady owns 9.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

People on here howl at the moon, how nosler outrageous prices are lining the pockets of John Nosler. John Nosler owns zero planes. While Steve Hornady owns 9.

What is your source on this, and what kind of planes? A bunch of planes out there worth significantly less than a new pickup.

Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Nosler actually replies and people bitch,

And if John Nosler owns a new pickup, well damn, hes making too much money.

whatta load a whiners.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 75 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,969
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.