Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
guzzler,

You Whining CLUELESS Fhuqking Texans are a HOOT and I reckon it plum flattering,that your VERY Tender Feelers consume you in such a manner...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If you Stupid Fhuqkers actually shot,you'd not be asking these HILARIOUS questions. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Big Stick, you're about as likable as a cow turd. Bless those that put up with you on a daily basis. I'm sure the list is short.

I agree.

And he can shove his chink glass & chink rings up his anal cavity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Choppedlvr,

I’m VERY “surprised!”,that the only thing you can offer an Outdoor Forum,are your Homoerotic Fantasies…you “lucky” kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by goalie
Yet, somehow the Trijicon 1-4x on my single shot 45/70 is awesome for low light (or any light) hunting.

I find my Accupoint 1-4s with the German #4 are pretty awesome as well.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Yet, somehow the Trijicon 1-4x on my single shot 45/70 is awesome for low light (or any light) hunting.

I find my Accupoint 1-4s with the German #4 are pretty awesome as well.

I tried the Accupoint 1-6 w/ #4 on my .375 H&H and loved everything about it, except the bolt handle hit the ocular ring magnification thumb bump when on 1X. Even with high talley rings. This was only an issue because it's left-hand action. I looked at machining down the thumb bump, but it also serves as the nitrogen fill port and would likely void the warranty. Modifying the bolt handle on a M70 isn't something I'm willing to consider. I sent in a suggestion to Trijicon that they should consider using the same ocular ring the Credo HX uses. It has a multi-position thumb lever that can also be left off for slimmer snag free operation.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Swaro has never made a scope or a reticle worth a fhuqk and it's fhuqking HILARIOUS,that Clueless Droolers are stumped by a lineal ruler,that jives an erector. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Says someone who prefers cheap Chinese glass. The fact is Swarovski scopes have been one of the top recommendations from true professional hunters for decades longer than the Chinese even started manufacturing cheap scopes for the "low price wins", bud light drinking western market. In the 90's when I made my first trip to Africa, the recommendation from 3 different PH's was the Swaro 1.5 x 6 x 42, of which is still one of my favourite scopes and still works perfectly.

That said, please do not stop your BS, it is highly entertaining and I look forward to it.

He can't spell it, pronounce it, or afford it. Hint.
Keep pimping the Xi wares. They work especially well when your hand is cupped around the ocular, just to see the crosshairs. Lol. Farqing laughing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Poor poor(literally) KenBitchAgain and her Whining Brokedicktitude...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Scopes are soooooooooo "tricky". Pardon the Splendor,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for her,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even she can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I quit listening to Limpstick and put him on ignore. Seeing that he has 55,000 posts on an internet forum told me all I needed to know.

Last edited by gsganzer; 07/25/23.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
You may not like the delivery, but Stick is right. Swaro sells good glass, not good scopes. Put a triangle post Trijicon on there if you want simple.

I recently bought two of the 3-9x Trijicons with the green triangle post reticle. One will go on my stainless M70 375 H&H for a brown bear hunt next year. Pretty slick piece, light, bright, right sized and known for their quality. Midway had them for $550 shipped a bit ago. The other one will likely land on my 280 AI Ruger #1 to use on hogs.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by EdM
You may not like the delivery, but Stick is right. Swaro sells good glass, not good scopes. Put a triangle post Trijicon on there if you want simple.

I recently bought two of the 3-9x Trijicons with the green triangle post reticle. One will go on my stainless M70 375 H&H for a brown bear hunt next year. Pretty slick piece, light, bright, right sized and known for their quality. Midway had them for $550 shipped a bit ago. The other one will likely land on my 280 AI Ruger #1 to use on hogs.
Just about ideal for a DG gun.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Acting like you don't ever need good glass just tells everyone you've never hunted where you need good glass.

Plus, you can have mechanical repeatability AND good glass. They're not mutually exclusive.

But, yeah, hunting leopard at night would be awesome with a crappy resolution chi-com turd.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Acting like you don't ever need good glass just tells everyone you've never hunted where you need good glass.

Plus, you can have mechanical repeatability AND good glass. They're not mutually exclusive.

But, yeah, hunting leopard at night would be awesome with a crappy resolution chi-com turd.

Ha! I’ve killed piles of critters right at dark and some beyond (where legal). No big deal. I never said anything about Chinese scopes. I don’t own one and will not. I said Swaros are great to look thru and lousy mechanically, which is well known by anyone who’s actually tested them.

Yes, you can have good glass and mechanical reliability, it just doesn’t come wrapped in a Swarovski package.

And once you’ve spent a few (hundred) bucks, most all the glass is good enough, yet very few scopes are also good enough mechanically. No $1000+ scope will blow a hunt because of glass, but plenty will because they fail mechanically.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 07/25/23.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by EdM

I have an Accupoint 3-9 with the red triangle. The tube was too short for my M70 .375 H&H with Warne Maxima Lever lock rings. You might need to look at a cantilevered base/rings. I'm interested to hear what your experience is.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM

I have an Accupoint 3-9 with the red triangle. The tube was too short for my M70 .375 H&H with Warne Maxima Lever lock rings. You might need to look at a cantilevered base/rings. I'm interested to hear what your experience is.

I'll see when I get back to Texas. My 375 currently wears a 2-7x Leupold in Talley LW's. Prior, on a brown bear hunt, it wore a 1.5-5x Leupold in the Talleys. The Trijicon is showing to be maybe a half inch longer mount length than the Leupold.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I tried a Credo 1-6x on my .375 and decided that the reticle wasn't for me. I ended up with a Leupold VX-6 1-6x mostly because I really liked the reticle: bold and with very bright illumination. It worked well for me in Africa last fall. I think that for a dangerous game rifle, a simple bold reticle that goes down to a true 1x is ideal.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I've been searching for a good scope for a .375 H&H for a buff hunt and finally decided on a Swaro Z6i 1-6x24 w/4i reticle. However, in my search I couldn't help but note all the elaborate and busy reticles. Most seem better suited for benchrest target shooting, than actual hunting conditions. I also noted how big and blocky so many of the scope bodies have become, with huge ocular dimensions, that would surely make an issue with bolt handle lift on many rifles. I also noted that many scopes are getting short bodies, making mounting on long actions a challenge.

It seems like most scopes (at least on the lower power models) are now designed for the AR tactical crowd and there are very few that are well suited for long action, bolt gun hunting rifles. Are true basic hunting scopes starting to fade away?
I feel exactly the same way you do about the current scope market. It's frustrating trying to find a simple hunting scope without all the clutter on the lense. Also as you've already mentioned the shorter scope lengths makes it harder to mount on long actions.

Check out vintagegunscopes.com. They have an inventory of older scopes that have been completely rebuilt. I bought a Redfield 3-9x32 from them for my 30-06 and I've been very happy with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Definitely a lot of options these days for the Christmas tree reticles. I do own a few but don’t hunt with them. A duplex reticle is all I need for hunting. Good glass for low light and a scope that maintains zero covers all my hunting needs. I own a bunch of Swarovski scopes and Leupold scopes and that’s what I’ll continue to buy. More pictures to come of dead critters this fall/winter.

You ain't about that life.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
TAG

You gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pabucktail
This has become a real problem for a guy looking for a scope for actual hunting in the woods.

The vast majority of the busy reticles are sold to the crowd who places more faith in gadgetry than on experience. For 99% of real big game hunting , simpler is better. But they dont know that because that same majority has very little actual experience in the field.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

I'll see when I get back to Texas. My 375 currently wears a 2-7x Leupold in Talley LW's. Prior, on a brown bear hunt, it wore a 1.5-5x Leupold in the Talleys. The Trijicon is showing to be maybe a half inch longer mount length than the Leupold.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I think the difference might be the Talley's you used allowing for a shorter ring spacing. Because I also have express sights, I opted for a removable scope mount using Weaver Maxima lever lock rings and I believe the bases are Leupold Weaver. The difference might be with the cross-slot locations. making the ring spacing slightly wider. When I tried mounting the Trij 3-9, the rings were either right at or onto the objective and ocular bells or the scope was at the wrong eye relief (can't remember which now). I'll take a measurement and photo's once I put it all together with the Swaro.

In your photo it doesn't look like you have much room to spare. Is the scope positioned correctly for a natural eye relief placement when you shoulder it quickly, or do you end up having to adjust to get a good sight picture?

Last edited by gsganzer; 07/26/23.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,515
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.