Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought that's what I saw somewhere.

Reminded me of those waves in Africa (???) in Endless Summer movie.

Oh, as of 2022 summer two of the original members of that girl band are still lookin' fine

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/bananarama-interview-masquerade-1235117127/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by geedubya
BTW,

For some reason while I was down there trying to get things "copacetic" this song was playing in my head........

ya!

GWB

eek

laugh

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Never made it to Cape St. Francis, but did do the mile long wave at San Blas Mexico.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Was there for a month in '71.

That was a trip!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
no

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Love these girls, going to see them again next month.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Here's a story for ya'

This would be October of 2021. I would be 70 at the time.

I have a property that the sewer is always getting stopped up. My jet machine is down. So it's 4" sewer snake with 3/4" cable time. I've got a good Mex manager that can handle most of the problems but a recent flood had backed up the sewer lines and clogged the opening where the sewer falls out and he and his crew could not get the sewer to fall.

As an aside, perhaps you've heard the story of the attorney whose clients were all rich movie stars and politicians. He was holding a major soiree and one of the starlets flushed a sewer rat down the toilet and plugged up the works.
He calls a plumber to come out and fix the problem on an emergency basis. Plumber comes out and after about 30 minutes he tells the attorney, the problem was fixed and handed the attorney the bill. The attorney takes a look at the amount of the bill and being aghast states " Damn, I'm an attorney to the stars and I don't charge this much. The plumber looks at the attorney and sez, matter-of-factly, "I didn't either when I was an attorney!

Anywho, I try never to have to use the service of a plumber.

So I go over........

yup, looks like a problem, but at least the schitt level is below where the park sewer falls out. Just the matter of an 8" pipe clogged up with grease, soap and other stuff. They can't figure out how to get it unplugged cause they can't get a 3/4" cable to bend sufficiently to get in the sewer pipe that is down six feet in the sanitary sewer.

So I get them to get me a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe and climb down in the hole.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com].

So there I am, 70 year old fart in a 30" sanitary sewer crouched down with my butt about 6" above the schitt line, bending the pvc pipe 90 dgrees hoping it won't snap stabbing the stop-up to get it broke up enough for the schitt to fall, and when the dam was gonna break, being able to scamper up the ladder without being drowned in excrement (among other things)

Took a bit but I got it to fall and I was jazzed. Did not have to spend $1K on a plumber and I showed up a half dozen young vato's.

I left and was driving down a local parkway and passed a pawn shop, and what did I spy!

Passed it by and got about two blocks down the road, and I decided to reward myself for a job well done, so I turned around and went in and bought it. \\

Could not believe, it had been made by a local surf shop in Galveston Texas.

They sold it to me for $300. A bud knew the maker and he told him if I did not buy it he would as he would charge $600 for that stick.

I did, but did not have the ride for carrying board and I had other places to go, so I told them i would be back in the AM to pick it up.

Should have know better. Turned out to be stolen and a police report had been made.

Was I bummed, not at all, I had the pleasure of rewarding myself for a job well done, had the fun of planning and thinking about a trip, but ended up not costing me a dime!

ya!

GWB

I’m thankful I’m out of the plumbing business! I still have my masters and journeyman license, but let backflow and wastewater go. It was a good trade, but if I had it to do over, I’d have been an electrician

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Saw them with Rare Earth and Vanilla Fudge.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by JLimbo

That one playing slide guitar can hold her own with Keith Urban

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by JLimbo

That one playing slide guitar can hold her own with Keith Urban

Yep, Megan is the Slide Queen. They opened for Keith Urban for his tour a few years back.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m thankful I’m out of the plumbing business! I still have my masters and journeyman license, but let backflow and wastewater go. It was a good trade, but if I had it to do over, I’d have been an electrician

I'm not a plumber either, but the stories I could tell after owning multi-family properties that are now 50+ years old as well as being a small gas pipe-line operator.

Many times if I was not the owner I'd would have "drug (dragged) up, but because I was the owner, (and was so cash strapped that I could not afford to pay attention), I did not have that liberty.

Another Aside.

Pardon if my lexicon is somewhat lacking....

At one property I had gas regulators, not meters. IIRC pressure out of the regulator is supposed to register @ +/- 3 ounces. If you had no meter or pressure gauge how would you determine whether you were getting too much or too little gas pressure......

Here is how I did it......

I went to the local tackle shop and bought flat fish weights in increments of 2, 3 & 4 ounces. I'd shut off the gas below the regulator and disconnect the nipple just above the regulator, the turn the gas back on. The pressure would blow the 2 oz weight off. The 4 oz weight would lay flat and the 3 ounce weight would wobble/vibrate.

I kept braided nylon line with treble hooks and weights I could lower into the drops to pull wood branches up out of open drops. A spoon bent at a 90 degree angle for "rock-fishing and a lag screw inserted into a broom handle for plastic bottles that kids would put in the drops.

The things I've done for "filthy lucre".

TFF

GWB

PS: I'm told that tornados can smell trailer parks.

Last edited by geedubya; 07/30/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gotta love a little Seasick Steve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm told that tornados can smell trailer patks.

I think I smell another story here. Don't be holdin out on us g-dub!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (35, 2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 16 invisible), 1,604 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,963
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.