Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thought I'd post up some pics.

Another day at the office, under the highest peak in Monashee range. Work sucks grin
[Linked Image]

Testing my work out....Should hold a 7 axle logging truck laugh
[Linked Image]

Hiking near the alpine
[Linked Image]

Morning at Two Moon lake in the Monashee's
[Linked Image]

Another pic of the lake, just after sunrise
[Linked Image]

Another day of slash burning done.
[Linked Image]

A little bit of winter
[img]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l168/RiverOtter_2006/2007%20outdoors/2007-12-11_0003.jpg[/img]

Building a quincy with my girls.
[img]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l168/RiverOtter_2006/2007%20outdoors/2007-12-11_0002.jpg[/img]

RO

Last edited by RiverOtter; 12/12/07. Reason: edited to hide personal info
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Nice pics, thanks.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
looks like good muley country , hows the spring bear hunting on those slides in the first frame ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Pictures cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Awesome pics and country! Thanks for sharing.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I too, think we live in the best little piece of the planet.

But then, you KNOW I'm a bit prejudiced...

Thanks for sharing those.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice pics.Thinkin your gonna have problems with that 7 axle..But what the hell do I know....grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Great pictures!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by redmtn
looks like good muley country , hows the spring bear hunting on those slides in the first frame ?

Mulie country for sure, just a little out of the way for day hunts.

The bear hunting is great, if your after a grizzly. I have seen some nice blacks in that area as well, but there pretty skittish. I've had draws in that area as well, but region 4 has a snowmobile closure for hunting and the snow stays in there until early to mid June at least.

RO

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Nice pics.Thinkin your gonna have problems with that 7 axle..But what the hell do I know....grin

Actually the deck is not as narrow as it looks in the pic and has really good approaches from both ends. If you seen the 18 km's of road leading up to that bridge.........lets just say the bridge is the least of your concerns....chuckle.

RO

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
logging bugwood?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nope, decadent(sp) cedar/hemrot with the odd nice spruce and balsam mixed in. The pulp market is up again.

The pine in our area is pretty much toast and pretty well beyond merchantable, it will likely sit until a forest fire puts it out of its misery.

RO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The word I am getting is that the pine beetle infestation is rapidly subsiding in some/most areas. I suppose it has eaten itself out of host, I thought it was going to kill every pine in the province after observing the really small diameter lodgepole it was attacking in the Williams Lake area, though I wonder if the broods were able to reproduce in that small stuff. While it has spread to Alberta it will be a much tougher evironment for them on the east side of the rockies. Anybody else have any reports on the pine beetle, subsiding?, expanding?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No doubt there running out of mature pine to kill, but I have seen many 15 year old stands getting decimated as well. They will also attack spruce if they have no pines, but according to the silviculture guy I talked with, they can only reproduce in pine.

The biggest problem I see now is a fire storm. The mills in my area have been wiping out the easy ground, while trying to salvage merch wood. The steep ground has been largely untouched and the fuel is stacked deep. Could be an interesting fire season, as we're due for another bad year if the 4-5 year cycle holds true(94, 98, 03, 08??)

RO

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nice country RO,I spend some time up the North Fork,and above Keefer.There were a lot of wolves in the North Fork this fall!(the Sugar/Greenbush area as well!)Regards,Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same as Kenny Dam Quesnel Vanderhoof operating area's.If lighting strikes in some of the dead stands it's gonna get nasty.We'll never catch it no way. It expands too rapidly.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The halfwits in government CAUSED this entire boondoggle and both the pukes in the commie NDP and the vermin in the fascist Liberals are to blame. They pizz away gazillions of tax $$$$ on the Injuns, multiculters and every useless welfare bum doper and hooker in Vancouver, yet, there is minimal money for serious environmental management.

We NEED a different protocol with respect to firefighting, allowing many fires to run and burn out and NOT allowing heavy fuel buildup as has been the case for decades. I HOPE that these areas burn like hell and fire-protection initiatives should be put in place to protect settled areas NOW, using the $$$$$ wasted on the stupid Olympics, immigrants and other such crap.

Of course, the experts in the academic world plus the Western Canada Whacko Committee would howl about "global warming"due to smoke, etc. Typical, it reminds me of the time that I told Dr. Peter Pearse in front of Dr. Jim Hatter, former head of BC Fish and Wildlife, that his ideas about forest fire management were basically bullschitt.....they are, too! He didn't seem too happy about having a non-famous guy with a REAL background in forest fires tell him anything.....that's the problem in BC, too many soft-handed know-it-alls with bugerall bush time.

Let 'er burn, more Moose, Elk and Deer habitat and clean out a lot of hippy dope plantations at the same time...works for me!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should of dropped a match in that dam park 20 years ago.Would it stop it don't know.Might of curbed it a little till a proper forest plan could of been put into place..Thats the problem with this bug wood.In order to salvage it were taking mature spruce stands with it.It's a shame all around.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Are you hireing????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Are you willing to travel??? smile

RO

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,232
Posts18,524,802
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.