Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dreshowitz is a man who places his faith in the constitution,especially since he taught constitutional law for 50 years.

In this brief article he states that there is no smoking gun and if President Trump is convicted it will be overturned.

Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz predicted Tuesday on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity” that the Supreme Court would overrule a conviction of former President Donald Trump for his alleged attempts to overturn the 2020 election.

Discussing the indictment, Dershowitz said, “They claim that Donald Trump actually believed that he lost the election. That everything he did was fraudulent. That he conspired with un named lawyers mostly.”

He continued, “I read the indictment carefully. There is no smoking gun. There is no one who is credibly prepared to testify that Donald Trump said to him, I know personally, I lost the election. There is a lot of evidence a lot people told me he lost the election but you know Donald Trump and you ,know he will make up his own mind. And they’ll have a very hard time proving it. District of Columbia, so 90 percent of the jury pool voted against him. So, they may actually get a conviction from a D.C. jury but will survive appellate review and review in the Supreme Court? I don not think so.”

Dershowitz added, “I think he may lose in the states court of appeals for the D.C. Circuit, but I think he will probably win appeals the United States Supreme Court if they grant review and they should grant review.”

Deshowitz On SCOTUS.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Agree

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I hate that President Trump would have to go through all that, but it would be worth it to see how many on the left would go off the rails. I am a bit torn as to which resolution to these legal issues I prefer. A Supreme Court ruling in his favor (if it happens before the election) or President Trump being elected in 2024 and pardoning himself.

Either way I will fire up two TVs with CNN on one and MSNBC on the other then hide the remotes for about a week. If I can take it that long.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, Longbob, I think this is a case of "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride".

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The supreme court has to agree to take the case, wouldn't count on that

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only way to PROVE that he believed he won, is for him to get on the stand and testify....that won't happen ever.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar

And if they do take it and throw out the conviction, they know the left will work triple time to expand and pack the court. Something they don't want. DT might be sacrificed to keep that SCOTUS clique at the present size....

Me

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
The only way to PROVE that he believed he won, is for him to get on the stand and testify....that won't happen ever.

True. Nobody can testify to someone else's state of mind. He won't take the stand in his own defense. This is all moot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal

And if they do take it and throw out the conviction, they know the left will work triple time to expand and pack the court. Something they don't want. DT might be sacrificed to keep that SCOTUS clique at the present size....

Changing the court size is a circle jerk, every Political party will just alter to fit their needs....even Crazy Joe said he wouldn't do it on principle alone, and it would be a puppy chases his tail.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Changing the court size is a circle jerk, every Political party will just alter to fit their needs....even Crazy Joe said he wouldn't do it on principle alone, and it would be a puppy chases his tail.

Crazy Joe don't call the shots for the Dems tho.

Me

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

What ..

This about the Deep State pushing an Insurrection Charge ..

Not Trumps Feelings ..

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Oh Geez we may have to add a New Wing to the Court Building..

Ya Know Bigger Holiday Parties ..

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akrange

What ..

This about the Deep State pushing an Insurrection Charge ..

Not Trumps Feelings ..

What ?

Show me on the 49 page indictment where it states "insurrection" as a charge, you won't find it nor inciting said "insurrection".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a huge Trump fan, but he was a good President. There are many people who are Trump fans and see him being unfairly treated by Democrat hard liners. It would be a serious mistake to convict Trump and the Democrats might not survive that action, and I don't mean just political survival.
There will be bodies in the streets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akrange
an Insurrection Charge ..

Their definition of insurrection very likely doesn't meet the legal definition........................but that surely won't matter to anyone until the case goes up the judicial ladder as ways; a jury of people selected from the pool in DC surely won't either know or care what the term really requires to have been done.

MM

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Stupid charges if you think about it…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
it ain't about the charges- it's about the election.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
it ain't about the charges- it's about the election.

PREZACTLY.

And what the DemonRats and the Deep State REALLY want is to take away President Trump’s Right to Free Speech. Since they haven’t been able to silence him any other way.

If this doesn’t work, they’ll try assassinating him next.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Lets not forget about diverting attention from Hunter. A 2-fer!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

428 members (160user, 22kHornet, 1Longbow, 163bc, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 38 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,654
Posts18,533,853
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.