-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just grabbed another Montucky Six Twat-Six this evening and Reupold BC's soundly trump LW's,with just a casual glance of glaring confirmation. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
6-06 is gayr n aids.

6 Creedmoor. Hint

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you Pretend aloud with your GoogleFu...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've not shot one of my many Kreed's,since earlier today. Hint.

The LW's are a glaring fhuqking concession,in both Metallurgy and design,compared to the schitty LW's. Hint.

I've a "hunch" that .620 BC's at 3250fps+ do rather nice thangs. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Albeit only with stolen pics and your Homoerotic Fantasies. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Just grabbed another Montucky Six Twat-Six this evening and Reupold BC's soundly trump LW's,with just a casual glance of glaring confirmation. Hint.

Just don't over-tighten the screws on the Leopold mounts like you do with all the Torx screws on the lightweight Talleys. That's why you break them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You are welcome to any/all Drooling Delusions your Brokedick Retardation can concoct,as you fight for scraps "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pardon wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

You are welcome to any/all Drooling Delusions your Brokedick Retardation can concoct,as you fight for scraps "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pardon wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud. Hint.

Hey, you're the retard who keeps breaking the Talleys by swinging as hard as you can on the Torx key. How many have you broken and you still haven't learnt?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

When you are Pretending aloud,how long does it take to become "REAL!" to you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You'd need a Co-signer for the tape alone. Hint.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Puked any of the Arken rings yet? I don't think I ever will on mine as it's on a Bergara B14R. lol.

I've been using DD on the Montana and boy's rifles - no issues but we're not exceptionally hard on them and they're not hard kickers. -06, 7-08 and a 22-250

Me

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Coopsdaddy
I've shot piles of '06 at 18". Chopped that one to 22". What is it that you are wanting/hoping to do? Hint.................
Well i have a 06 fieldcraft that’s lonely in the safe.It needs used and itching for an ultra 7.It’s a deer rifle that’s lives in the rolling timber or tree stand but may vist an elk meadow.
I do not want a long suppressed gun,I want a handy rifle that can make the shot at distance if I do my part.I also like breaking the rules because everyone says 22-24 inches or it’s just a 308 if you cut it down.Advice from guys that actually hunt and shoot is always appreciated.

Suppressed rifles do not have to be long and unhandy. Just cut about as much off the barrel as you’re putting back on. I’ve only done this on 7-8 so far because I only have 3 centerfire cans so far. What I’ve seen is they balance and handle just like they did before. I’m talking about shorter and lighter ones though. I’m using two harvester evo’s and one nomad ti. The heavier ones would be different. I agree though I would not want a suppressed rifle with a 22”-24” barrel at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Barkin' Arken stuff,is done exceptionally right,both in Metallurgy and design. The differences betwixt them and LW's are fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Everywhere it looks like the LW's would fail,compared to everything else,is exactly correct. Hint.(grin)

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by NH_Sharpshooter
Originally Posted by 257Bob
I've been using Talley's since I toured their facility in Glenrock back in 2000 (MuleDeer happened to be there at the same time but I doubt he remembers meeting me), before they moved to SC and have not experienced any failure of any sort. I have mostly used their steel vertically split rings but have also used many of their LWs. I wish Gary were on this site to address some of the issues but last I saw of him online he was lobstering with T JR. I really don't think they deserve the bad press this thread is presenting.

So mine didn't break? No one else's broke that posted on this thread? I started this thread merely to share that mine broke and to get suggestions for a more durable replacement. Heck, on Stick's recommendation I have Talley steel vertical split rings to mount the scope onto the new rail I bought.

Just shake off the blind brand loyalty when there’s an obvious problem. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Better double check those new rings. Unless something has changed that I am unaware of, the vertically split rings do not go on a rail. They go on Talley’s regular bases. You would need their tactical rings if you wish to mount on a rail.

You were right and I'm an idiot and bought the wrong rings. I ended up ditching the Burris and putting a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 which is a 30mm scope and tossed that on the rail. Rings are a touch tall, so may try to find some that are a little lower, or just say f it and call it good. The 3-9x Burris was a bit much for 10-40 yard shots anyway.

This isn't 'Nam Donny, there are RULES...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did this build in 2010 with a NF NSX 5.5-22X50 in treated Talley LW's. The owner uses it for culling deer from elevated tree houses on his multiple properties. It's survived multiple falls from the tree houses with no loss of zero or ring breakage. Lucky? You bet. I wouldn't expect any setup to survive that. I mounted a smaller NF on it for his elk hunts and it's tumbled over blown down timber and slid down rocks with the mounts still intact. It's beat up now with a bunch of character marks. cool
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I've done several for him using the same stock pattern and molded in gel color in multiple chamberings.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This has reached the point of comical. My conclusions:

1. Use Talley LW’s confidently if you are willing to take the time to make them work properly and have a process similar to Al Nyhus’ where stress is relieved and rings are made true.

2. Use Talley LW’s straight out of the box with blind loyalty because they have always worked for you. Until they don’t. Which some people refuse to believe will happen, or they acknowledge the risk and still use anyway.

3. Learn from others, so it doesn’t eventually happen to you and find a different mounting system.

Two of the three choices are good ones.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 08/04/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Went Buck Gawkin' this AM and Woofs have already blown this mountain out,which is a Velvet Surprise. My Reupold MK4 Spotter has Puked yet again,with what appears to be delamination,but only in 25% or so of the field. Nice Buck at 1237yds. Hint.

Never saw one much closer than 30yds. Hint.

Fhuqking Reupold! Hint.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Never saw one much closer than 30yds. Hint.

I enjoy the pix!

good stuff B!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good pictures indeed. Pretty country. Just got to spend a little time up that way myself.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
This has reached the point of comical. My conclusions:

1. Use Talley LW’s confidently if you are willing to take the time to make them work properly and have a process similar to Al Nyhus’ where stress is relieved and rings are made true.

2. Use Talley LW’s straight out of the box with blind loyalty because they have always worked for you. Until they don’t. Which some people refuse to believe will happen, or they acknowledge the risk and still use anyway.

3. Learn from others, so it doesn’t eventually happen to you and find a different mounting system.

Two of the three choices are good ones.

Why do you even GAF what someone else chooses to do?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Newest rifle is Skookum. Only shot (1) 100yd trio,then took it to 1350yds,where it did rather well. 112's connect alotta dots. Hint.

Why are the Texans always fhuqking Whining? HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

P.S. and by the way: Reupold said to expect a 4wk wait on Spotter repair. Undoubtedly,they are BUSY "fixing" broken schit.(grin)

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
6-06 sucks
Go 6 Creedmoor

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep DREAMING aloud and I'll happily fuel your very WELL founded Brokedick Insecurities,with wares that exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,828 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,388
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.