Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
What real world difference can I expect between these two bullets?

Standard .270 Winchester loaded to 2900-2950 fps, wanting to setup a longer range load for shooting out to 600 yards absolute max. Mule deer and the occasional antelope, sheep and elk.

My rifle is a Browning BBR with 24” standard sporter barrel 1-10” twist rate.

Like the .500+ B.C.’s of these bullets. The trajectory of the 145 ELDX factory loads is within 1” of drop and 100 fps of velocity with that of the 6.5 PRC 143 grain ELDX factory load clear out to 500 yards.

Opinions please.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No difference whatsoever

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
No difference whatsoever

I'd double down there.

I'd probably me more in the ABLR camp if elk were the primary quarry, but wouldn't worry too much with either.

Last edited by beretzs; 08/06/23.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
150 Nuzzler has an Imaginary BC billing,that's not even close. Doubly so in 10" RPM. Hint.

The 145 ELD is sound and realistic at .536 BC. Same goes the .264" 143 ELD at .625 BC. Hint.

It's funny how folks get giddy,if their 270 Win's can begin to hang in there,with various short action chamberings. Simply shoot the rifle betwixt your mitts,DOPE it well and rest in the laurels of knowing you've done everything you can mechanically. Then focus on abilities. Do NOT look at 6.5 PRC 147 .697 BC Factory Fodder at 2910fps! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Scope/base/ring selection rates more than a passing thunk and most folks fhuqk that wayyyyyy up. You can't purchase proficiency,but Good Riggin' is a GREAT head start. Hint.

Pass the 145's and hold The Nuzzler Fluff. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weren't my intent to fuel your Homoerotic Fantasies,though there is no stopping it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Google on aloud,despite it being you only "move". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You dumped HS because of that asswhole Lon & I was with ya 100% and have never bought another HS product since

but here you are championing Steve wHorenads crap all over the 'Fire at every turn

what gives ? super multiple jabbed ? or just selective outrage ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your VERY Tender Feelers are funnier than fhuqk and your Raging Estrogen Fueled Emotions are AWESOME ...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Lon simply sighted through his own rifle and murdered an innocent woman. It were certainly no "accident",as I doubt she was going to pull the pin on her held infant and toss it at him. Hint.

What Free Folks do for a vocation in a Free Market,is solely upon them and they are welcome to do as they please. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,though always hopefully to your chagrin. Please continue aloud with your Hurt Feeler Reports and I hope your HS shoots Hornady's very well,just like everything else does. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Your VERY Tender Feelers are funnier than fhuqk and your Raging Estrogen Fueled Emotions are AWESOME ...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Lon simply sighted through his own rifle and murdered an innocent woman. It were certainly no "accident",as I doubt she was going to pull the pin on her held infant and toss it at him. Hint.

What Free Folks do for a vocation in a Free Market,is solely upon them and they are welcome to do as they please. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,though always hopefully to your chagrin. Please continue aloud with your Hurt Feeler Reports and I hope your HS shoots Hornady's very well,just like everything else does. Hint.

I cried when I found out you're a liberal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm happy to be whatever you NEED most. Hint.

If you can't get leg up living in this Country,you'd flounder everywhere else too. I know,I know..."the sky is falling!" and you will always have "reason" to Hissy your Fit. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
BS, is that a Remington KS? Good looking gun.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope...boring OEM 700 Sporter in a GB Outlander(mid-generations/light one). Have a herd of those handles and like them well. Hint.

Can't hang with Kreed' at long range,but I've seen worse. Hint...............(grin)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Weren't my intent to fuel your Homoerotic Fantasies,though there is no stopping it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Google on aloud,despite it being you only "move". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Lol lol

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nope...boring OEM 700 Sporter in a GB Outlander(mid-generations/light one). Have a herd of those handles and like them well. Hint.

Can't hang with Kreed' at long range,but I've seen worse. Hint...............(grin)

Yeah, that ain't a bad looking set up. Never used one of their stocks but it looks pretty good all the way around.

Whats a bare stock weigh?

I think you've hogged up all the damn 2-12's Mil's as well. Can't find one to buy today! grin

Last edited by beretzs; 08/06/23.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Gen 2's were 24-26oz. They are billing the Gen 3's like Gen 1's,at 32-ish ounces. Hint................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Gen 2's were 24-26oz. They are billing the Gen 3's like Gen 1's,at 32-ish ounces. Hint................

That's pretty good for the money really. The Gen 2's..

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've bought all of mine from RHR and they are currently on sale. They bill them at 30 ounces. Hint..............

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’m more concerned about bullet holding together at close range on elk vs inches of drop at 500 yards.
I have most of my kills at under 100 yards than 500+ yards .

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Ok, got it ... you're jabbed beyond fk and support the forced jabbing of everyone ..

For some reason I thought you were an an American not a fkn Communist

Learn something new every day, I guess

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swamptard,

I reckon it plum flattering,that so much of your day concerns me and you may want to add some punctuation. Oooopsie! Too late. Hint.

Please continue with your Hurt Feeler Reports,Conspiracy Theories and Insecurities. I'm your shoulder to cry on. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2five7, 66 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,076
Posts18,521,761
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.