Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Hastings
has been a target of western aggression for well over 2 centuries now. If your neighbors were constantly trying to break you financially and take your property you might become a bit paranoid yourself.

The romanovs were joined at the hip with the rest of European royalty for the 300 years preceeding the commie revolution. I have something less than zero sympathy for them.
Did that stop Napoleon from invading, stop the British in the Crimean war, stop Germany in WW1 and 2.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
has been a target of western aggression for well over 2 centuries now. If your neighbors were constantly trying to break you financially and take your property you might become a bit paranoid yourself.

The romanovs were joined at the hip with the rest of European royalty for the 300 years preceeding the commie revolution. I have something less than zero sympathy for them.
Did that stop Napoleon from invading, stop the British in the Crimean war, stop Germany in WW1 and 2.

Never said it did. But WWI would not have included Russia if Russia had not sent troops marching off to war, per their treaties, and WWII was more of that. WWII was also about defense against the Bolsheviks, who were on an avowed mission to spread their version of Communism forcibly. Nazis were no better, but neither were the commies.

Last edited by plumbum; 08/06/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Never said it did. But WWI would not have included Russia if Russia had not sent troops marching off to war, per their treaties, and WWII was more of that. WWII was also about defense against the Bolsheviks, who were on an avowed mission to spread their version of Communism forcibly. Nazis were no better, but neither were the commies.
European Royalty was a bunch of inbreeding cousins. All of them. Nicholas II wife was Victoria's grand daughter. Their son was hemophiliac as were a lot of that gang. In any case I go back to the wise advice we got from George Washington, "stay out of the affairs of Europe". Nowadays I'm sure he would include Asia.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've known several congressional staffers in my time. They all said the overweening concern of the congressmen was on how to get a better office. Second was a better parking place for those not being driven.

No staff insight into the senate, but one wag years ago said all senators felt they should be president regardless of the current occupant.

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by wahoo
I've known several congressional staffers in my time. They all said the overweening concern of the congressmen was on how to get a better office. Second was a better parking place for those not being driven.

No staff insight into the senate, but one wag years ago said all senators felt they should be president regardless of the current occupant.

Sounds right

IC B2

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.