Hop To
#18651583 08/08/23
S
Sponxx Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Going to Naples, Fl next week with the wife and kids to visit an uncle.
Of course I'm looking forward to get some fishing going on, though it may prove challenging with the hot weather.
My uncle has a Kayak, so that is also an option to go out, but that would be more for adult fishing

Any recs on guides to put rhe kids (and myself) on some fish?

GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
With kids along you might be better off to check out the 1/2 day head boats in that area.
They will supply everything you need and no license would be required.
And should you catch any fish the mates will clean them.

S
Sponxx Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by yobuck
With kids along you might be better off to check out the 1/2 day head boats in that area.
They will supply everything you need and no license would be required.
And should you catch any fish the mates will clean them.

Thank you, definitely would do just 1/2day to begin with.
What do you mean by "headboat" charter type things with multiple people?

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
A head boat is simply another name for a party boat, or open boat.
Just show up at the dock where the boat is docked, pay your fee and go fishing.
As a rule they will supply the necessary tackle for those not having their own for a small fee.
Bait is also provided.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I used to live in Naples. I have not been back there in a long time. So I can not give you an up to date fishing report. But when I lived there I did a lot of fishing. Check out the local Naples fishing pier. I have caught a lot off Snook of that pier. Live bait is best. The bigger fish will be out near the end of the pier, You can also catch redfish, mackerel, bluefish. There our some nice sheepshead if you fish with shrimp straight down along the pilings of the pier. You can catch speckled trout and pompano if you fish closer to the beach. Early mornings are best, use a pompano jig and cast parallel to the beach about half way between the beach and the bait house.

You mentioned hot weather, and you have access to a Kayak. There is good fishing at night around the many dock lights. Snook and jacks hang around the lights because they attract bait. you can paddle from light to light, cast your bait past the light and pull it from the dark into the light in the direction that the tide is flowing. You usually get hit right around the shadow line. Its pretty easy to pick out the lights that will provide action. You will see the fish popping the bait under the light. Slack tide is not as productive as when the tide is running.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.