Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
"tactical lever guns" What the actual F#^k. side saddles, pic rail foreends, flash suppressors. You name it and these fuggin mongoloids have it stuck, taped, and screwed onto a lever gun. they look like something stick would throw in a puddle with a half dead salmon. i just dont understand it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I completely agree

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Uglier than a hat full of dicks... Nothing is sacred in the gun world anymore.

Hell, I've seen "tacti-cool'd" Handi-Rifles...

Last edited by SCGunNut; 08/08/23.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
To each his own. Just stay away from mine.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Dad-gumit, next thing ya know, they’ll be putting telescopes on ‘em and makin’ Winchesters in Japan!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Apparently they sell and make the company money? I could say the same with threaded short rifle barrels. I seem to recall folks chasing velocity and now they are cutting barrels.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Lot of people have herd mentality no accounting for them. A bucket list gun for me has allways been a m94 AE rifle in 7'30 waters, finally picked one up, it had a huge aperatured XS peep on it and was replaced with a m8 leupold 4 x. Looks good handles nice , it's a sight set up to handle the cartridges potential...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gadgetry !

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by gitem_12
"tactical lever guns" What the actual F#^k. side saddles, pic rail foreends, flash suppressors. You name it and these fuggin mongoloids have it stuck, taped, and screwed onto a lever gun. they look like something stick would throw in a puddle with a half dead salmon. i just dont understand it.
I’m gonna build a full tactical .45lc Henry and send you pics.
Then I’m sending them to Poobah………😀

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Maybe for folks in ‘ban’ states? A lever is a pretty good self defense firearm, so tarting one up optics, ammo carriers, and a light may make sense to some. I think they are hideous, but then again I think the same of most of the new Henry lineup. I also don’t live in a ban state.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i think Gus had a Cowboy Sniper Tactical lever rifle in the Lonesome Dove movie ?

Last edited by pete53; 08/14/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gitem_12: I burst out laughing at your posting - thank you for that.
I have traveled all over Alaska on 4 Hunting trips and 7 fishing trips and have NEVER seen anyone (Alaskan or non-resident!) lay or throw one of their firearms into a creek, river, stream, lake or ocean!
NEVER!
The idiotic entity now known as small twig is laughable in his self - but you made me laugh out loud with your righteous and well earned dig of him.
Keep up the good work.
Come to think of it, along with Alaska, I have never seen an armed adult human being in Canada or ANY of the western states (and a couple of southern states!) where I have Hunted intentionally place their firearm IN the water!
Dipschidt, does not begin to adequately describe small twig.
Thanks again for the hoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am converting to the darkside as we speak. There are some facts one has to face. The lever action is still a great design and a relevant repeater.

As one that has busted stocks on Bolt actions and Leverguns because I’m hard on them and outdoors most of the time I’m switching to the more durable stock and forend. The wooden stock is a levergun weakness !

A word on the forend, I don’t know why but often I’ve ended up with busted rear band screws from recoil.

I would never own a bolt action without a synthetic stock

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/20/23.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
I’m gonna build a full tactical .45lc Henry and send you pics.
Then I’m sending them to Poobah………😀

i knew....just knew shidt like this would happen once you started wearing a white shirt

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by K1500
Maybe for folks in ‘ban’ states? A lever is a pretty good self defense firearm, so tarting one up optics, ammo carriers, and a light may make sense to some. I think they are hideous, but then again I think the same of most of the new Henry lineup. I also don’t live in a ban state.

honestly, I could see the benefit of a mounted light. that would likely make a dandy camp gun. but pistol grips, and telescoping stocks?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey I reasoned it out, they are actually formidable rifles, why not make it more so.

Mine are all stainless so I would just leave the blued junk with wood

Life is too short for cleaning and oiling rifles or repairing wood.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/20/23.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I am proud to own, shoot, hunt and enjoy several lever action rifles of all vintages
Although none of my levers are tricked out tactically
Everyone is entitled to their opinions -
and I as a rule insist on paying the full 2 cents their opinions are worth 🦊

I do not get paid for giving manners lessons but will do so for free on rare exceptions
Call my wife fat and my kids slow witted if you will, but derogatory comments about what I am shooting at the range, or hunting afield will be given a complimentary lesson in manners - in full

Last edited by moose95; 08/20/23.

There is room for all of gods creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Mall ninjas discover leverguns...
Their rifle, they can do what they like. The rails, some call 'em cheese graters, might be handy in camp.
Wonder if the telescoping stocks get longer when something pretty strolls by?
Manners are important though. Just look, say " Uh huh" and keep walkin'. Save the snickers, giggles and head shakes for later. Kinda like what sidelock snobs should do with inliners...

Keepin my back green and my powder dry.
The LORD bless and keep you
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I hate them and their owners with every fiber of my being.

“Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
-Townsend Whelen
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (6mmbrfan, 907brass, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 15 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,893
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.