Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SupFoo
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's just the physical health aspect. It's obvious that other maladjusted people suffer from internet doom and gloom syndrome. A steady diet of bad news is not good for emotional health. https://www.goodrx.com/health-topic/mental-health/is-news-bad-for-your-mental-health

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JPro
There was pizza and soda available in 1980, along with fried chicken and cookies, but the national obesity rates were 13% for males and 17% for females. Like Bill Maher says in that video link, food was delicious in 1969. Calories are not a new thing. Junk food availability and snacking are not new things. Failing to adjust and restrain appears to be the new thing. Why have we lost that desire? Will it take a "Grapes of Wrath" event to correct course?

We have always had junk food and processed sugar in my lifetime ,but if you look at statistics for how much sugar and processed foods, we consume compared to 1969, you will see that on average we eat a lot more junk now than then. We also lead more sedentary lives and society in general seems more accepting of anything.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
“They” are trying to normalize abnormality

Just as “they” are doing with F aggotry, Lezbos, Trannies, Pedos

Simply part of the Marxist plan to put America in a nose-dive
Exactly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
“They” are trying to normalize abnormality

Just as “they” are doing with F aggotry, Lezbos, Trannies, Pedos

Simply part of the Marxist plan to put America in a nose-dive

Absolutely the truth !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"CLEAN YOUR PLATE!! Think of all the starving children in China!"

Anyone here remember that from when you were a kid? (Today, moms would substitute Africa for China.) I think that had something to do with conditioning people to gorge themselves. Plus the incredible abundance of myriad foods available to virtually everyone made it "fun" to eat.

Besides, ice cream tastes great! grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
& with the now readily available diet sodas, they wrongly assume, they they can still drink 2 litres at a sitting !

Paul.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The way I remember "clean your plate" was that you needed to do that to qualify for any seconds on any other element of the meal. So, if you ate all your roast beef and mashed potatoes, you could have more, but first you needed to finish the spinach that's still on your plate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe a little of that, but the bigger issue, is laziness.

People don't want the hassle of cooking food & eating together, so turned to box meals &/or fast food !

That laziness, carried over into every other aspect of their lives.

To any newlyweds, please teach your children to cook.

They'll lead better lives !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The way I remember "clean your plate" was that you needed to do that to qualify for any seconds on any other element of the meal. So, if you ate all your roast beef and mashed potatoes, you could have more, but first you needed to finish the spinach that's still on your plate.

Was back when discipline was a part of Parenting !

Paul.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dish hear all bees a goin back two da 'everbody be gettin a trophy idea' en an attempt to mak da abnormal bees normal!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

And if you didn't eat a sufficient amount of the meal, you certainly were going to hear, "Don't be asking for any sweets or snacks later".

I have a doctor friend that has offered to pay for patients healthy groceries as an experiment, both to prove to them that they could do it and to be able to show his other patients how much their lives could improve if they took control of their eating. Last I heard, he'd had no takers. The patients were addicted to their way of eating, which was the root cause for most of their problems that put them in the doctor's office to start with. Same guy was concerned about his elementary-aged kids at home, as they were getting pretty heavy for their age and height. He put a lock on the pantry. The kids had to ask permission for snacks and the parents were then able to better monitor the kids snacking. The kids dropped back down to healthy weights in fairly short order. They had simply been bored and had made habits of grazing on junk food all day.

Now with even more aplomb
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I have to laugh at all the cure-all diets out there. There is one very simple diet that is absolutely guaranteed to work.....QUIT EATING SO DAMN MUCH! One hears an unbelievable number of reasons for people being lard asses. But that's okay now because we have to accept everything that deviates from normalcy as now being normal. Fat is fat no matter how one tries to explain it away. End of rant.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KKDD50
I have to laugh at all the cure-all diets out there. There is one very simple diet that is absolutely guaranteed to work.....QUIT EATING SO DAMN MUCH! One hears an unbelievable number of reasons for people being lard asses. But that's okay now because we have to accept everything that deviates from normalcy as now being normal. Fat is fat no matter how one tries to explain it away. End of rant.

Actually?

You're wrong.

It's What you eat, and what you Don't.

And they have known for a long time... but didn't want you to find out.

"Flat Earth Societies" are like that.

GR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No doubt people are lazy. If you have the means to just drive through and grab "something", or a box and "make something", food is there nearly instantaneous, anytime, anywhere.

Portions are set by the seller, not the buyer. A burger and fries are jumbo sized with a 44 oz sugar water. We'll consume it all, even if we aren't really that hungry, because we're not paying attention to our food. Eating while driving, watching TV, screwing around on the computer.

Back in the 60's, pre-TV dinner, pre-microwave......... even if you didn't forget to soak the beans that morning, it was going be an hour or two before your dinner was on the table. You were eating with other people, and served your own portions (well, mostly). Italian, Jewish, and every other mother out there still said "eat, EAT!", but we ate slower, having conversations during meal time.

It's not just the food that has changed, our way of eating has also changed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Obese (FAT) became a protected class some time ago, super size portions and a diet of mostly junk food coupled with inactivity. Put them all together and you can see why you have "My 600 Pound Life" with Dr. Nowzardin !

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Garandimal
It's What you eat, and what you Don't.

And they have known for a long time... but didn't want you to find out.
Heck, even Barney knew way back when:

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SupFoo
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's just the physical health aspect. It's obvious that other maladjusted people suffer from internet doom and gloom syndrome. A steady diet of bad news is not good for emotional health. https://www.goodrx.com/health-topic/mental-health/is-news-bad-for-your-mental-health

Thankfully that does not exist here on the 'fire.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by KKDD50

That's good advice but it would be stupid to ignore the composition of your diet. What are you eating, how much, and what kind of exercise do you get, should be sensible common-sense questions, but you can see from just the small number of posters here that the "what are you eating", question is the one nobody can agree on.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thick Thighs Save Lives!!!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have posted this before,

My gastro Dr. Told me the simple key to a healthy diet is:

If you can kill it, eat it,
If you can grow it, eat it,
If it comes in a box, avoid it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (37L1, Anaconda, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 16,624 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,195
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.