Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mary has been known to be perpetually virgin from the very beginning.

Jesus is not going to like people dissing his Queen Mother!

Politics is War by Other Means

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by duke61
According to the Scriptures Mary was a virgin promised to Joseph but was found to be with child before they got married. Angel appeared to Joseph and told him that the child was conceived by the Holy Spirit, it simply means that The Holy Spirit planted a holy seed in her womb. Joseph believed the angel and took Mary as his wife and the Scripture is very clear that he did not have sexual relation with her until she had brought her first born son Jesus. That is very clear that he did have sexual relation with her after Jesus was born and the rest of the children were his. Catholic Church is grasping for straws trying to prove that Mary was a perpetual virgin which she was not.

Well stated.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
At 14:00 Tabor basically accuses Jesus of being a fornicator.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Mary has been known to be perpetually virgin from the very beginning.

Jesus is not going to like people dissing his Queen Mother!
That is another lie from the pit of hell that she is the queen of heaven, the Lord while walking this earth never favored her above other disciples as a matter of fact when she and His brothers and sisters came to see Him, He replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” Another lie is that Mary is sinless, if that is the case why did she need a Savior as she stated in her prayer; My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. A sinless person does not need a Savior only a sinner. Yet another lie is that she is the mediator, yet the word of God is very clear that there is only one Mediator which is Christ. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus. I don't mean to offend anyone who believes otherwise, I'm simply pointing the truth from God's word which supersedes any human teaching even the teaching of Roman Catholic Church.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
According to the Scriptures Mary was a virgin promised to Joseph but was found to be with child before they got married. Angel appeared to Joseph and told him that the child was conceived by the Holy Spirit, it simply means that The Holy Spirit planted a holy seed in her womb. Joseph believed the angel and took Mary as his wife and the Scripture is very clear that he did not have sexual relation with her until she had brought her first born son Jesus. That is very clear that he did have sexual relation with her after Jesus was born and the rest of the children were his. Catholic Church is grasping for straws trying to prove that Mary was a perpetual virgin which she was not.

Yup. That little word 'until' puts a definite end to her virginity. It removes all doubt that she and Joseph had sex.

Matt 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us).
24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife,
25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

Interesting article on “until” and how that word is not a limitation

https://www.calledtocommunion.com/2014/05/confusion-until/

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Some truly disgusting comments above.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When I attended catholic school back in the 70's and you said Mary wasn't a virgin, the nuns would have beat you senseless.

2 Kings 2:23-24
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Had you people given as much thought to not getting vaxxed and Voting for Trump.......we would be in much better shape now.
“People”? Let’s generalize everything shall we….If you people would have gotten off your motor cycles (cattle/corn/sheep/corn/hunting/fishing….etc.) and voted for Trump….we wouldn’t even be talking about this. You were too worried about being vaxxed when the van showed up at your home.

Voting for Trump had nothing to do with this, putting the former vice president FJB in office did. Stop pointing the finger unless it’s pointing at yourself. WE ALL LET THIS HAPPEN AND DIDN”T DO SCHITT.

You are smoke dope the fix was in. it made no difference if Trump got 100% of the vote he was not going to be elected.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
At 14:00 Tabor basically accuses Jesus of being a fornicator.

I went to that account at 14:00 and listened to it three times. I did not get what you stated at all. (???)

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BMT
Interesting article on “until” and how that word is not a limitation

https://www.calledtocommunion.com/2014/05/confusion-until/

Interesting, but it goes to show that words are the source of misunderstandings.

I didn’t make that up.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
- - - I ain’t never known of anybody getting knocked up that didn’t get laid . - - - -
Kenneth
Know anything about AI?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who cares whether or not Mary’s perpetual virginity was true or not…? Whether or not she remained a virgin after Jesus was born is irrelevant to the truth of Christianity. Her perpetual virginity…whether or not she remained a virgin after Jesus was born…is not a pillar of Christianity.

Did the apostle’s preach Mary’s perpetual virginity when they wanted to convince other’s that Jesus is the Savior…? What did they do to spread the Gospel; what did they focus on…?

They focused on the fact of Jesus’ resurrection; that’s what they focused on. They didn’t focus on Mary’s perpetual virginity.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a mistranslation of the word 'young woman.' A young woman is not necessarily a virgin. Nor does Isaiah's prophesy refer to Jesus.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
It's a mistranslation of the word 'young woman.' A young woman is not necessarily a virgin. Nor does Isaiah's prophesy refer to Jesus.

GTFO. You have no business commenting.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Catholic Church has always been guilty of lying about many things.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JamesJr

The Catholic Church has always been guilty of lying about many things.

Yes. There is NO scriptural merit for the perpetual virginity of Mary. It’s simply a Roman Catholic belief. Several verses in the Holy Bible mention Jesus’ siblings. Is the Holy Bible wrong? I don’t think so.

Mary is not a perpetual virgin or a co-redempttrix. Sad that good people have been deceived…

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Several verses in the Holy Bible mention Jesus’ siblings. Is the Holy Bible wrong?

Translation is always dicey. Aramaic has no direct term for cousin. See the old testament discription of Lot's family:

Is Lot Abraham’s nephew or his brother?

Genesis 11:27
This is the genealogy of Terah: Terah begot Abram, Nahor, and Haran. Haran begot Lot.

Genesis 11:31
And Terah took his son Abram and his grandson Lot, the son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they went out with them from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to the land of Canaan; and they came to Haran and dwelt there.

Genesis 12:5
Then Abram took Sarai his wife and Lot his brother’s son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people whom they had acquired in Haran, and they departed to go to the land of Canaan. So they came to the land of Canaan.

Genesis 13:8
So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarrelling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers.” (NIV)

The existence of the brothers of Jesus can be explained as Half-Brothers through Joseph (assuming he is a widower) and as kinfolk.

This is a longer discussion of the issue. At this link:

https://jimmyakin.com/2004/03/cousin_kinswoma.html

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scripture states plainly that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters, Matthew 13:55-56, Luke 8:19, Mark 3:31-32, Mark 6:3, John 2:12, John 7:1-10, Acts 1:14, Galatians 1:19.

The notion that they were cousins is far-fetched and without scriptural foundation.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Scripture states plainly that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters, Matthew 13:55-56, Luke 8:19, Mark 3:31-32, Mark 6:3, John 2:12, John 7:1-10, Acts 1:14, Galatians 1:19.

So half brothers, as children of Joseph from a prior marriage?

BMT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT

So half brothers, as children of Joseph from a prior marriage?

BMT

No

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 257Bob, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,965
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.