Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, they came out swinging, David Suzuki and Jack Layton, with dozens of their usual hangers-on, on a bitterly cold day, they protested global warming.......Steven Harper was vilified by Layton, a REAL scumbag, and Suzuki hogged the mike in Vancity, boasting about how HE had warned the world way back in 1988....geezleweze, this pair of misfits NEVER change!!!

As a real "greenie", I am nauseated by this crap and the obvious anti-"white"racism displayed, as usual, by Suzuki. I once experienced this in person and later told him in the pub of "The High Arrow"in Castlegar, BC, that I was going to kick his azz for his comments...he STFU real fast!!!

These pri*ks distract people from the opportunities to eliminate pollution that DO exist in order to promote their totalitarian agenda; we all need to be concerned here as they also support gun elimination. What vermin!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If Jack Layton, Al Gore and David Suzuki would stop whining and shut their mouths global greenhouse gas emmisions would be cut in half. All of these men fly around the world polluting the air and try to absolve themselves by buying these "credits". Its like a buddy paying me to be faithful to my wife (if I had one) so he can cheat on his whenever he wants. One word can sum these people up: hypocrites. By the way in my neck of the woods Suzuki has done a lot to deepen the divide between Natives and the rest of us than anyone else I can think of. I have no respect for him and can't imagine why so many like him.

Last edited by gerrygoat; 12/09/07.

Gerry.
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Suxuki is still pizzed about the interment camps he and his family were in in WW2. His MO is jerk us around, however, he and one Mr richardson have no problem raping the oceans .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am so tired of listening to those guys, I don't even care whether it's real or not.

Smiling Jack is as much embarrassing as he is annoying.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . . eliminating guns?

I guess if you get rid of the guns, there will be no gunpowder burning, and that would make it cooler. Last night we had -38*C with the windchill. BRING ON THE GLOBAL WARMING! grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I believe that we (men) are responsible for global warming. I think we should be doing something about it too.

But - within the realm of reason, and without wrecking the economy while doing so.

Canada will ALWAYS rank high in its per capita CO2 output. Let's face it, we are a huge cold country, with people spread far and wide, and we have a standard of living as high as anyone on the planet. Of course we pollute. And - slowly, and carefully, we should move to developing other more earth-friendly options.

But to suggest the answer lies in the Kyoto Accord - is a huge mistake. The Kyoto Accord was, and is, a VERY FLAWED document.

It would allow China, India et al, to pollute to their heart's content. They would not face the same consequences that we Canadians would for doing the same thing. If they aren't held to the same emission standards we are - where do people think the jobs will go? They'll go to the areas that have the worst pollution and emission standards.

I had Dr.Suzuki as a Professor at U.B.C. - he was a great Prof. - when he stuck to talking about genetics and fruit-flies.

I am tired of his "the sky is falling" rants - as tired as I am from everyone else on the left. It's as maddening as the denials from the head-in-the-sand right-wingers who deny man could have anything to do with tripling the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

And it really bothers me when - thanks to people like Suzuki and Layton on the hypocritical left, we now have others, on the right, who decide that the whole climate crisis is phony and not worth addressing, and that saddens me too.

A few hundred people demonstrating, out of a metropolitan area of millions - isn't much - unless you are a member of the press - then they can make it seem like a big deal - like they did.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People like Suzuki actively promote racism and you are right about the media they don't report the truth but feed us what they want us to believe. As you suggest Brian, China and India need to do their part along with everyone else. People like Gore, Suzuki, and other's like them have lied so many times to promote their hidden agendas that I don't believe anything they say. For the record I am all for having a clean environment but we need to do it in a sensible manner as you suggest. The hypocracy of some of these people is what gets me the most. I would be considered "right wing" by these people but I would bet I produce less pollution then these big name people do. Of course only "left wing" people care about the environment. I hope Brian that I haven't come across as attacking you in any way that isn't the kind of person I am. Just tired of the typical NDP/environmentalist crap and the destruction that would surely come if their agenda comes to pass one day.

Gerry.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Quote::

""People like Suzuki actively promote racism ""

What kind of person is Suzuki? Educated? Outspoken? Celebrity? Dumb-ass? Please explain.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man's contribution to the current concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is estimated at about 0.0012%. Termites contribute more.

Let alone the fact that CO2 IS NOT THE CAUSE OF TEMPERATURE CHANGES, BUT THE LAGGING SYMPTOM!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[quote=kutenay]told him in the pub of "The High Arrow"in Castlegar, BC, that I was going to kick his azz for his comments...he STFU real fast!!!
quote]

Thumbs up for Kute!

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

What kind of person is Suzuki? Educated? Outspoken? Celebrity? Dumb-ass?
From this list i would go with Dumb-ass .

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by redmtn
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

What kind of person is Suzuki? Educated? Outspoken? Celebrity? Dumb-ass?
From this list i would go with Dumb-ass .

From the options listed, I would have to go with B+D.
Outspoken Dumbass whistle

RO

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Canuckshooter, I mean people that report half truths and don't give us the full story. I must have offended you in some way so if you want to discuss this further please give me a PM and hopefully we can come to some kind of understanding. I don't want to be offensive to anyone so from now on I will be more careful with my comments.

Gerry.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So how do you explain the trebling of the CO2 since the Industrial Revolution (as measured by using ice-cores) - do you think it has no relation to burning of fossil fuels?
Do you really believe we can burn millions of barrels of oil per day and NOT affect the atmosphere? Seriously?

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I don't think Canada should sign on to the Kyoto protocol for reasons mentioned above, but I'm all for trying to get big industry to reduce emissions.
However, I wonder why no one is talking about human population levels. Every one is worried about emissions and global warming; I'm more worried about increasing population levels and loss of habitat and land. Canada and the U.S. are projected to have significant increases in overall population levels. Doesn't this mean more habitat loss, expanded forestry due to increased consumption, inrease in waste, etc, etc. But hey, what do I know.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Well said. The media can bend any situation to look good or bad . That is why they are the biggest problem on earth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The biggest problem with the human population is not the number of people, but rather, how and where those people are dispersed on the globe. High numbers of people clumped together in a relatively confined space is not healthy. Animals have it figured out, but humans are a little slower.

As far as emissions, CO2, global warming etc., assuming it's all true and not biased, -due to who's funding the scientific studies and who's material the press decides to publish- is there going to be a change in practices worldwide?? My guess is, we are just going to have to pay more(We already are) for stuff under the mask of "saving the earth", while its business as usuall with larger profits for the big corporations/governments. I have very little faith in human nature, where large amounts of money are involved.

How many people do you really believe are truly concerned with what happens to the earth after they're dead and gone, as long as they themselves can prosper???? My money is on- NOT VERY MANY.

I'd guarrantee that most all the people who really care about what they leave behind, are not in a position of wealth and influence(At least not in the financial sense), but rather average Joe's who actually spend a good part of their life using/experiencing what earth has to offer and who know that you don't pizz and [bleep] in your drinking water. Its definately not the 3 piece smucks discussing net worth, over a "low fat latte" in a specialty coffee shop, built on a filled in wetland.

RO

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been wondering how much of global warming is accredited to being a continuation of the still receding ice age?

Also, when I was younger the world population was estimated at 4 billion, now it is estimated to be 6 billion. If an average person puts off as much heat as a small light bulb, the extra 2 billion could be warming the atmosphere.

From core samples in the earth scientists have determined there has always been climate change! The swings in climate were more dramitic up until about 10 thousand years ago. Since then the swings have been smaller. The question is what has always caused climate change and is it still causing it?

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
None of these questions you pose StrayDog are new but they are all very good ones.

To your first question, the amount of global warming/cooling associated with ice ages/interglacials isn't necessarily that large (obviously small changes can have a big effect), and they in general happen relatively slowly (relative to our perception, anyhow). The speed at which changes are currently happening/thought to be happening is the issue.

To you second question, I'm not sure how much 2 billion people's absolute heat output would factor into things. I'm guessing it would be reasonably straightforward to calculate what it would be (it's probably easy to find out how many BTU's the average human puts out), and my hunch would be that it would be a pretty teeny part of the whole atmosphere temperature/dynamics equation. I haven't looked into it, though.

The third question - well that's not exactly cutting edge news - there are a myriad of things that indicate that climate has always changed and always will. When folks these days use the term "Climate Change" (which is a poor term IMHO) what they are really talking about is the issue of "human-caused, relatively quick changes in the Earth's climate/temperature/etc." (whether that is actually happening or not is another issue). From the term "Climate Change" you could thing that the idea that the climate changes a lot over time is new - but it is not in the least. There are a whole bunch of natural processes that cause climate to change over time (some of which scientists have a good handle on, others of which they don't) and yes of course all these things are still happening, have always happened, and always will happen. The important thing, is that most climate scientists are pretty sure that we are adding another process to the pile, and that it might be enough to significantly alter the natural course of change.

And no, Suzuki/Gore and "his ilk" as someone else put it, are not climate scientists, and people shouldn't necessarily be using what they are saying as the basis for making educated decisions about whether the "crisis" is real or fabricated. If they choose to listen to anyone, though, they could do worse than to listen to the climate scientists. And it's pretty obvious what nearly all of them are saying...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't see what the big fuss is all about. They've been searching for the Northwest passage for centuries and now they will have one in this century. Hell there's lots of oil up there and now we can haul it out without ice breakers. F##k the white bears they can live in the garbage dumps in James Bay year round now and don't have to ride them bergs.
As for Gore well when his electic bill drops below 30,000 dollars a year, I might then believe he is a tree hugger. He could have saved a lot of trees and not wrote those stupid books and same goes for Suczuki.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,814 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,968
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.