Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
By W. Ellis Brown

New third edition is now available: 8 new chapters
Whoo hoo !

www.BundukiPublishing.com

"The re-write of the book is complete and the 3rd Edition NOW AVAILABLE!

The first 300 copies will be signed & numbered.

The author has added considerable new information and reference material to the 3rd Edition. The 2nd Edition was 207 pages, the 3rd edition is over 420 pages. There is a new chapter on refitting the circle so that it is tight. A new chapter on barrel joining methods. A chapter on equipment needs, as well as one on special fixtures and tooling. The book has been totally re-organized into a more readable format."

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I received my copy some days ago and having skimmed over it, think it looks quite complete.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
RC,

Thanks for the tip. Look forward to receiving a copy.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I understand that this subject matter must contemplate quality double shotguns and my example is of an H&R, but I believe relevant. Even relatively modern shotgun chamber pressures typically never approach rifle pressures. My example of buying an H&R 45/70 and then after some research finding that their shotgun actions were cast iron frames and the same rifle actions were steel. And not to mix the two where firing a rifle cartridge of even the typical "blackpower" era chamber pressures of that round.
I wonder how many other even quality "nice older double shotguns" may well be too weak even for safely shooting a factory 45/70 round!

I'd suppose all that covered in the book advertised, but for all those who might not acquire it, perhaps just a "heads up".

Admittedly out of my league here in discussing this, but within 'league' as simply offering warning!
Best!
John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good point John and one of the good reasons for studying the book when considering such a project.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Jim Clark Jr. made double rifles using CZ double shotgun actions. I never handled one, but reportedly they were pretty good. Anything coming out of that shop, probably good based on my experience and their reputation dating back to the '50's and his Dad, Jim Clark, Sr..

As you probably know, Jim Jr. was Kay Miculek's brother, Jerry Miculek's brother-in-law. He was a competitive shooter of some repute. He shot with Terry Cross, also a Louisianan. The Clark gun shop is located near Shreveport.

Unfortunately Jim, Jr. passed away some time back. Reportedly family members are continuing in the Clark tradition, just haven't heard much about their gun shop business lately.

I haven't seen any of his double rifles on the market, not sure how many he made. But, if one was to run up on one, that could be an interesting find.

I heard he regulated them to POI and did a good job of it.

DF

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks. Should be interesting.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I got copy number 111, signed by author. smile

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 257_X_50, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,834
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.