Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
For those of you who use PirateShip for your shipping needs, I have a couple of questions.

I've looked at the site and noted the price benefits on shipping cost. The process seems pretty straight forward. Make an account, put in the info on what you want to ship, pick a shipping option, pay by credit card and I assume get an email for a shipping label to print off and attach to your package. Take the pre- labeled package to your shipper and drop it off.

Anything else to be aware of and how has your experiences with this service been?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You get an email confirmation. The actual label pops up immediatley when you confirm you want to ship/buy the label.

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 08/16/23.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once you pick and pay for your choice of shipping, you will be directed to a page to print your label. You can print it as many times as you want in case your dog eats it or whatever. You can pay via paypal or cc. I've used it for over 3 years, no gimmicks or bs. Keeps a record automatically of all your shipments with costs, tracking numbers, delivered or MIA. I like it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have used it for a few years on hundreds of packages with no issues.
After you put in recipients info, you can pick package size or what’s handy is it has the flat rate options already. Has UPS and USPS options along with prices of each. And you can add extra insurance.

Also you can copy and paste recipient info without needing to type it all out.

After you choose your options and pay, it gives you an option to download, email, print label. Then tape to package and drop off. Also has quick option to copy and paste tracking number.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve used it for years. Never an issue. ALWAYS a savings. The only concern I have is if there were an insurance claim issue through them. I’ve yet to hear about anyone having to file a claim and I hope not to but wonder how it would go.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They prohibit gun shipments regardless of the selected carrier's rules.

Medics bury their mistakes..
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I'm a huge fan. Have been using them for years with great savings and no issues.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Dinny
They prohibit gun shipments regardless of the selected carrier's rules.

I have been unable to find that in their regulations. Can you quote it for us?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Items Prohibited with UPS on Pirate Ship
Due to our contract with UPS, there are also a number of items that you can't use Pirate Ship to purchase labels for. These are items you technically can send with UPS outside of our contract with them, but doing so on Pirate Ship will void any liability coverage and may get your account restricted 🙈

The items that fall into that category are as follows:

Anything on the Hazardous or Dangerous Goods list from UPS, including but not limited to products requiring Limited Quantity labels

Aerosols

Alcohol, including beer, wine, and spirits

Ammo/ammunition

Compressed or Decompressed Oxygen

Dry Ice*

Guns or firearms of any kind & any firearm parts/accessories besides a scope (see the UPS website for additional details)

Hemp & CBD products

Isopropyl alcohol

Live animals

Perfume

Plants

Prescription drugs

Uranium Ore

If you need to send one of the above items, we recommend creating an account with UPS and contacting them in regards to any special handling your shipment may require 👍

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Last year the Pirate Ship website had different wording that I can't find now. I recall it specifically stating that firearms were prohibited regardless of the carrier's rules. I'll keep looking but Oregon gunsmith, Wayne York, lost money when he shipped a Remington 700 to a customer in WA and the box was damaged and the bolt was lost. That was the one and only time he used them. His wife called to file a claim and it was denied due to being a firearm related item. I have no idea which carrier handled it.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I just got this reply by using their chat feature.

"Ahoy Adam! Unfortunately not, Firearms can't be shipped with Pirateship 🙈 I've included our articles about prohibited items with UPS and USPS!"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have used them for quite awhile with no issues .

The most important thing to remember is ALWAYS get a receipt from who you ship with when you drop the item off !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No mention of firearms being prohibited using USPS...

USPS: Prohibited Items
Here's some items that are illegal to ship with the Postal Service

Updated over a week ago
There are some items you can’t ship with USPS—no exceptions!

Be sure to read all the USPS rules if you want to ship anything that might be dangerous. Following the rules is your responsibility as the shipper.

You’ll notice that all prohibited domestic items are also prohibited from being shipped internationally. However, some items are only prohibited internationally and not domestically (such as aerosols and dry ice).

Prohibited Domestic Items
Air bags

Alcoholic Beverages

Ammunition

Explosives

Gasoline

Marijuana, including marijuana intended for medicinal use

An exception is marijuana seeds or hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC content and with no intent to grow

Mercury

Perry
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Print two labels and staple the extra to the FFL copy you're shipping to.

RAVENS & WOLVES
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I usually download the label as well as print it just in case. Otherwise no issues.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Downloading the label is no proof that you shipped it .

You need a receipt from the shipper at the PO or store .

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
there is another similar service called Shippo.com that may offer an alternative.
It also offers both UPS AND FED EX.
good luck ,all.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by spud06
No mention of firearms being prohibited using USPS...

I'm aware. I believe it is or perhaps it was a PS specific policy. I can't find the small print but I believe I may have seen it in the user registration process.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MAINER1234
Downloading the label is no proof that you shipped it .

You need a receipt from the shipper at the PO or store .

I download it in case I need to reprint it for some reason, rather than print extra copies. I get a receipt from the carrier, unless I put it in the mailbox for the mail carrier.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 36 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,157
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.