Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The best thing you've ever posted.

Feels odd to burst out laughing as people are injured, but it's involuntary.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
What’s fascinating about this one is that it will likely force SCOTUS to rule on whether what Trump attempted was or was not an insurrection as defined in the Constitution.

Your thoughts?

We all think you’re a retarded f a g g o t

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's amazing that there is a percentage of Americans who actually fall for this crap. 100% brainwashed.

TRH, meet the Constitution. Constitution, meet TRH.
On that topic, you are an ignoramus.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
TRH, before your outright religious and racial bigotry came to the forefront you used to pretend to be a Constitutionalist and man of the law.

What’s your take on a) whether what Trump attempted was an insurrection and b) if so, does the 14th sec 3 apply?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What’s fascinating about this one is that it will likely force SCOTUS to rule on whether what Trump attempted was or was not an insurrection as defined in the Constitution.

Your thoughts?
Insurrections look like the bottom half. Should be easy enough for the bright Justices to figure out

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
? fer Jeff O, what yes/no box do you check atf form 4473 question 11E

“Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or other controlled substance?”

GOA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
TRH, before your outright religious and racial bigotry came to the forefront you used to pretend to be a Constitutionalist and man of the law.

What’s your take on a) whether what Trump attempted was an insurrection and b) if so, does the 14th sec 3 apply?
If you're stupid enough to even entertain those questions, you're really beyond hope.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

So your coming out as a big business welfare type, a child sex slavery supporter and a wage buster for minorities should also be troubling?

I am MAGA.
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If you're stupid enough to even entertain those questions, you're really beyond hope.

Nice dodge. Golf clap!

However, this one is gonna be a big deal. Calling me names won’t solve your problem here. Let me rephrase it.

Using your legal training as a guide, how do you think SCOTUS will rule on this? They’re gonna have to; many many local and state election admin’s are going to keep Trump off the ballot otherwise on what appears to be solid- or at least highly defensible- Constitutional grounds.

Your thoughts? Please keep your anti-semitism in your pants for this one.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This crap is just like the Russian collusion lie that you progressive fascists tried the frame President Trump with. Then there were the two impeachments without evidence. You are just like Stalin and Putin abusing the criminal justice system to remove your enemies.

This is what they 2nd amendment was written for. To allow citizens to fight tyranny. If you are successful Americas will be angry and lose faith in our government. It could start a civil war against you fascist.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ConradCA
This crap is just like the Russian collusion lie that you progressive fascists tried the frame President Trump with. Then there were the two impeachments without evidence. You are just like Stalin and Putin abusing the criminal justice system to remove your enemies.

This is what they 2nd amendment was written for. To allow citizens to fight tyranny. If you are successful Americas will be angry and lose faith in our government. It could start a civil war against you fascist.

For sure, chaos will come first allowing retribution for those idiots ruining the country. I see it more as a gene pool improvement program.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe Jeff O has some very valid points. What I saw on January 6 was definitely an attempted insurrection and an attempt to overthrow the government of the US led by then President Trump. I personally believe Trump’s candidacy for POTUS will have to be decided by the Supreme Court.

Last edited by Rolly; 08/18/23.

Rolly
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Your thoughts?
Insurrections look like the bottom half. Should be easy enough for the bright Justices to figure out

Not necessarily. A case can be made that an insurrection is simply any attempt to prevent or usurp the rightful possession or transfer of power (I just made that up, so if any of our Brilliant legal minds here want to pick it apart, please do, I’m here to learn).

I’m not really talking about J6, although we could. It was much, much more violent than your pic portrays and no, it was not antifa or the Feds doing it. But that’s a side issue. Even without J6 it seems fair to this lunk to say that Trump attempted to prevent and hence overthrow the exercise of our democratic process. I will argue that meets any reasonable definition of “insurrection”. Could be wrong there.

Your thoughts?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rolly
I believe Jeff O has some very valid points. What I saw on January 6 was definitely an attempted insurrection and an attempt to overthrow the government of the US led by then President Trump. I personally believe Trump’s candidacy for POTUS will have to be decided by the Supreme Court.

You're FOS. The only people involved in the attack, riots, destruction of property were the Piglosi/ CYA/FBY/Antifa pieces of schiett like you.

Remember there was a congressional investigation and an FBY investigation.

They cross-examined Wray under oath. Asked if any MAGA people or Trumpsters were involved in the terrorists anarchy. He

answered that there were none. Incredulous, the examiner replied, there were no terrorists involved. Wrays answer was, 'Well I didn't say that." The questions stopped immediately. The investigator suddenly had no more questions.

Does someone with a brain have to spell it out for you? OK, I will. THE INVESTIGATOR DIDNT WANT WRAY TO TELL WHO THE ANTIFA TERRORISTS WERE.

Do you really want to come here and prove yourself stupid by pushing Fake Nues CNN BS?

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/18/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Amen. And the stupid bastards are too stupid to even discuss the facts with because they know no facts but only CNN propaganda.

The left tries to push conviction of people through public opinion. That will not work now when the Patriots are in Control.

I Dindo Nuffin
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys. At least TRY to have a serious conversation. This is a legitimate constitutional issue that may soon moot pretty much everything else……. if you think about it. I suggest you do so.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Guys. At least TRY to have a serious conversation. This is a legitimate constitutional issue that may soon moot pretty much everything else……. if you think about it. I suggest you do so.

Hahaha!

Do your daughters know you support sexually enslaving children?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sounds like we will be talking about this a bunch in the upcoming months so we might as well get that ball rolling. From what I’m reading this very likely will be used to keep Trump off primary ballots unless the SCOTUS intervenes.

At issue with Trump is Section 3 of the amendment, which bars from office anyone who, having previously sworn an oath to support the Constitution, has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." The language was written to prevent former officials who had backed the Confederacy from regaining power, subject to an out — Congress could grant amnesty by a two-thirds vote.

A group of conservative lawyers wrote a long opinion piece after researching this extensively and to hear them tell it, it’s pretty straightforward and conclusive. Here’s the abstract:

The Sweep and Force of Section Three
University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Vol. 172, Forthcoming
126 Pages
Posted: 14 Aug 2023
William Baude
University of Chicago - Law School

Michael Stokes Paulsen
University of St. Thomas School of Law

Date Written: August 9, 2023

Abstract
Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment forbids holding office by former office holders who then participate in insurrection or rebellion. Because of a range of misperceptions and mistaken assumptions, Section Three’s full legal consequences have not been appreciated or enforced. This article corrects those mistakes by setting forth the full sweep and force of Section Three.

First, Section Three remains an enforceable part of the Constitution, not limited to the Civil War, and not effectively repealed by nineteenth century amnesty legislation. Second, Section Three is self-executing, operating as an immediate disqualification from office, without the need for additional action by Congress. It can and should be enforced by every official, state or federal, who judges qualifications. Third, to the extent of any conflict with prior constitutional rules, Section Three repeals, supersedes, or simply satisfies them. This includes the rules against bills of attainder or ex post facto laws, the Due Process Clause, and even the free speech principles of the First Amendment. Fourth, Section Three covers a broad range of conduct against the authority of the constitutional order, including many instances of indirect participation or support as “aid or comfort.” It covers a broad range of former offices, including the Presidency. And in particular, it disqualifies former President Donald Trump, and potentially many others, because of their participation in the attempted overthrow of the 2020 presidential election.

And here’s a link to the paper, so that the brilliant (sic) legal minds of the Fire can parse it:

https://deliverypdf.ssrn.com/delive...5077094093067&EXT=pdf&INDEX=TRUE

Your thoughts?

Has DJT been legally adjudged of having committed a crime? Then STFU.

The way life should be.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not necessarily. A case can be made that an insurrection is simply any attempt to prevent or usurp the rightful possession or transfer of power (I just made that up, so if any of our Brilliant legal minds here want to pick it apart, please do, I’m here to learn).

I’m not really talking about J6, although we could. It was much, much more violent than your pic portrays and no, it was not antifa or the Feds doing it. But that’s a side issue. Even without J6 it seems fair to this lunk to say that Trump attempted to prevent and hence overthrow the exercise of our democratic process. I will argue that meets any reasonable definition of “insurrection”. Could be wrong there.

Your thoughts?

Why do you make schiedt up if you truly are trying to have an informed discussion?

Last edited by Valsdad; 08/18/23.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Jell-O and Rolly, you prove Q correct. You people are stupid.

Do you know what a Rupar is? It's a common commie scum trick your dimocommies use to misinform people - IOW, lie.

They even fool their own fools like you two. The delete a few words in an audio loop and Fake Nues MSM plays the lie.

And stupid pukes like you believe it. Here's a clue. Trump didn't tell Ratsinburger to "Find more votes". The full quote is in the post below.

CLUE NUMBER 2

You goofballs already forget that the PA Judge ruled Trump had executive privilege protection for things like this. Duh?

Trump and the Military Patriots are driving the narrative you are seeing on TV. It's done to awaken the people and its working. The people are learning the truth about your Dimocommie scum.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (10ring1, 1minute, 160user, 222ND, 257 mag, 1Longbow, 71 invisible), 12,050 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,268
Posts18,544,884
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.