-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not phone, but home internet. Wife works from home and is on video conferences all day long. Local internet was basically non existent and we are only a few miles out of town.

Been using a T-Mobile home internet hotspot thing for a year. $50/month and it works awesome. About 3 minutes to set it up. Can stream a couple tvs at once with it. It does not work everywhere though. We take it with us when traveling and sometimes it’s good. Other times not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't use the phone much so I have Tracfone, which is now owned by Verizon. You can choose a sim card from Verizon, T-Mobile, or ATT. I get the best reception here with Verizon so I have their card in the phone. My total cost runs about $200/year and a good share of that is additional data usage. My wife also has Tracfone but she's on their unlimited callling plan. She's on the phone a LOT. Her cost is about $35/month.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Never had an issue with Verizon, really no need to switch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At the risk of hijacking JG's thread, what about Mint Mobile? Shows on their website they use T-Mobile's network. That's about as far as I've looked at it so don't know how plans compare to T-Mobile itself.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Not phone, but home internet. Wife works from home and is on video conferences all day long. Local internet was basically non existent and we are only a few miles out of town.

Been using a T-Mobile home internet hotspot thing for a year. $50/month and it works awesome. About 3 minutes to set it up. Can stream a couple tvs at once with it. It does not work everywhere though. We take it with us when traveling and sometimes it’s good. Other times not.

Is your T-Mobile device unlimited high speed data or does it slow down after 50 or 60 gb?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Had Verizon for 20 years, only game in town for long time where I was living. Tmobile put a tower in so I actually had service at my house. So I switched year and a half or so ago. Service was awesome at first. Now not so much. Just too many [bleep] users and not enough towers up here.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Johnny, we have had TMobile for about a decade. We are satisfied for the most part. Their coverage in rural areas can be spotty and their coverage maps are a optimistic in places. They have dead zones in some of the damndest places too. I-10 in the middle of the MS Coast for example. Zoom in on the area that you spend most of your time in. https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
ATT swindled me a couple of times, so a year and a half ago I dumped them for T Mobile. It's lower cost, equal coverage, no hidden charges. Good move for me.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How come you guys aren't using Spectrum Mobile? The wife and I are retired and we do the majority of our calling from home or at the cottage. We had spotty coverage both places until we went to wifi calling and that has been perfect with no dropped calls. Wifi calling is unlimited, so Spectrum's by the gb plan for $14.00 a month for each phone works perfectly. And yes, our combined total phone bill is $28.00 a month. That one gb gets us as much on the road calling as we usually ever need and Spectrum uses the Verizon towers. If we are going on a trip, we just switch one of the phones to their unlimited plan for a month for $28.00 and then the other phone can hotspot off that unlimited phone. If for some reason the wife goes over her 1 gb that month, her phone can use what is left on my gb for the month. If we would both go over, it is only another $14.00 for another gb. Sure works great for us and sure beats the high phone bills that we saw before with US Cellular or my Verizon work phone plan.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I may be the only one here that has AT&T for at least 25 years and been no issues at all. They recently opened up almost all of South America along with Central and North America for us on a new plan that has no roaming and unlimited GB with 5G. The price went down of all things when we switched. The plan costs us $46.11 per phone and that includes all taxes and fees.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
T Mobile for almost 2 years no complaints as good if not better coverage in central WV than the others and 1/2 the cost of Verizon.

Last edited by Savageguy; 08/19/23. Reason: Added text
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I’ve had it for a year in rural Virginia, it sucks for me. Straight Talk had much better coverage. As soon as my contract is up I’m dumping it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Went from ATT to TMobile - big mistake. Worst coverage I've ever experienced for our location. Dropped them in less than a month and went to Verizon. On the other hand, folks I know in other areas swear by TMobile.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Windfall
How come you guys aren't using Spectrum Mobile?

Since dumping TMobile for Verizon, we recently switched to Spectrum. We've found Spectrum to be equivalent to Verizon at a much better price, and better than ATT.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We ditched AT&T a few years ago and went to T-Mobile. Coverage is much better, monthly cost is less and they never have charged extra for roaming. Someone else would have to have a really good deal to get us to switch.

Having said that, check coverage in your usual stomping grounds.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We have the T-Mobile 55+ plan.
2 lines at $35 each unlimited.
I worked in an area with no T-Mobile coverage so I had to get a Verizon phone.
I always hated Verizon prices so I looked into MVNO's
These are companies that own no towers but have contracts with the majors.
Got a Twigby phone that uses Verizon network for dirt cheap.

My phones are unlocked so I'm not married to any particular carrier.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton
ATT swindled me a couple of times, so a year and a half ago I dumped them for T Mobile. It's lower cost, equal coverage, no hidden charges. Good move for me.
This ^

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbob
I may be the only one here that has AT&T for at least 25 years and been no issues at all. They recently opened up almost all of South America along with Central and North America for us on a new plan that has no roaming and unlimited GB with 5G. The price went down of all things when we switched. The plan costs us $46.11 per phone and that includes all taxes and fees.

For the wetbacks?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Johnny, we have had TMobile for about a decade. We are satisfied for the most part. Their coverage in rural areas can be spotty and their coverage maps are a optimistic in places. They have dead zones in some of the damndest places too. I-10 in the middle of the MS Coast for example. Zoom in on the area that you spend most of your time in. https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map

Thanks Paul, and everyone else for the feedback.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have had T-mobile for as long as I remember for our family plan. And I've had my personal phone switched to my plan at work for over 13 years. No complaints at all so far.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.