Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I was thinkin’ about this subject last night.

This could actually play to Trump’s advantage, and I’m surprised jag and his ilk haven’t seized on this yet.

This one is headed to SCOTUS and it’ll happen quickly. Otherwise the whole primary is going to be horked by administrators taking Trump off the ballot in jurisdictions all across America.

SCOTUS is good at narrowing decisions as much as possible, but, it seems like their presumed ruling on this will by necessity be a ruling on whether what Trump did was or was not an insurrection. That, in turn, could bear directly on Jack Smith’s indictments around the election aftermath. In other words, if SCOTUS ruled even tangentially that Trump did not engage in “insurrection”, it would weaken Smith’s case… I think. The law doesn’t always work the way it seems like it should.

Lawyers? Even “Brilliant” ones like JoeBob? Your thoughts?

The REAL "insurrection" is PedoBiden sitting in the Oval Office after STEALING the 2020 election. Everybody knows that, even you.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you!

I will read that more thoroughly this evening. I cannot seem to copy/past from it, but the section on the 3rd page titled “Engaging in Insurrection and Rebellion” jumped out at me. Suggest folks read it.
ReNigger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you!

I will read that more thoroughly this evening. I cannot seem to copy/past from it, but the section on the 3rd page titled “Engaging in Insurrection and Rebellion” jumped out at me. Suggest folks read it.

Cocaine was found in Joe Biden's White House

A dead body was found at Obama's house

A male prostitute was found at Pelosi's house

An illegal server was found at Hillary's house

So the FBI raided Trump's house.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I was thinkin’ about this subject last night.

This could actually play to Trump’s advantage, and I’m surprised jag and his ilk haven’t seized on this yet.

This one is headed to SCOTUS and it’ll happen quickly. Otherwise the whole primary is going to be horked by administrators taking Trump off the ballot in jurisdictions all across America.

SCOTUS is good at narrowing decisions as much as possible, but, it seems like their presumed ruling on this will by necessity be a ruling on whether what Trump did was or was not an insurrection. That, in turn, could bear directly on Jack Smith’s indictments around the election aftermath. In other words, if SCOTUS ruled even tangentially that Trump did not engage in “insurrection”, it would weaken Smith’s case… I think. The law doesn’t always work the way it seems like it should.

Lawyers? Even “Brilliant” ones like JoeBob? Your thoughts?

The REAL "insurrection" is PedoBiden sitting in the Oval Office after STEALING the 2020 election. Everybody knows that, even you.

Excuse me?

The 2020 election was not stolen. It was free and fair. Trump TRIED, but his Clown Coup fizzled out when the popular uprising he hoped to provoke didn’t happen.

Everybody know this, even you.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
We can cuss and discuss that on another thread. This thread is about the 14th amendment of the Constitution and whether it automatically DQ’s Trump from running.

Pro tip: it plainly does.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A 30 second search reveals the Atlantic, the journal for the illiterate, published disinformation of over 20 fake news article claiming Russia and Trump collaborated

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/trump-russia-senate-intelligence-report/620815/

Jello head is dumb but he ain’t that dumb to believe this so that makes him a drug addicted pathological liar again

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
We can cuss and discuss that on another thread. This thread is about the 14th amendment of the Constitution and whether it automatically DQ’s Trump from running.

Pro tip: it plainly does.
Pro tip: you’ve been wrong plenty in the past, and I don’t believe anyone is looking to you for clarity on Constitutional issues.

If it was ‘plainly’ evident, there wouldn’t be any discussion or debate.

I’m certain the electoral officials in my State give zero [bleep] about your interpretation.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Where in this speech did he "tRy tO pRoVoKe aN uPrISiNg"?

And I highly doubt anything was free and fair. It amazes me that people like you exist and the ones that do piss me off to no extent. You stupid fùcks are the reason the country can't improve because you stupidly believe everything is okay because you're ingrained with the sound bites of liberal lies, politicians and media. You can see the writing on the wall, Biden bribes and money laundering with Ukraine, the constant attacks on any opposition, etc... but you keep wringing your hands and shout the loudest. How is the country any better since Biden took office? It isnt and you know it.

Last edited by BeardedGunsmith; 08/20/23.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Cocaine was found in Joe Biden's White House

A dead body was found at Obama's house

A male prostitute was found at Pelosi's house

An illegal server was found at Hillary's house

So the FBI raided Trump's house.....
About sums it up.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The docs case is pretty cut and dried, gentlemen. The FBI raided his house because he willfully defied a subpoena to return government documents. When they raided it, they found them. There’s also clear evidence of obstruction from Trump. He’s in big legal peril. But do you see me pounding that drum? Seriously, do you? No. You do not. It’s an example of why he’s utterly unfit for office but I never did really GAF about that one. I care about the fact that he tried to take down our Republic. Full stop.

I’m not even going to bother with that dumb and disingenuous list. The only thing that’s remotely comparable is Hillary AND I DID NOT VOTE FOR HER!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Again, where in that speech did he call for overthrow? You won't answer because you know he didn't. And again, how is the country better now?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like we will be talking about this a bunch in the upcoming months so we might as well get that ball rolling. From what I’m reading this very likely will be used to keep Trump off primary ballots unless the SCOTUS intervenes.

At issue with Trump is Section 3 of the amendment, which bars from office anyone who, having previously sworn an oath to support the Constitution, has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." The language was written to prevent former officials who had backed the Confederacy from regaining power, subject to an out — Congress could grant amnesty by a two-thirds vote.

A group of conservative lawyers wrote a long opinion piece after researching this extensively and to hear them tell it, it’s pretty straightforward and conclusive. Here’s the abstract:

The Sweep and Force of Section Three
University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Vol. 172, Forthcoming
126 Pages
Posted: 14 Aug 2023
William Baude
University of Chicago - Law School

Michael Stokes Paulsen
University of St. Thomas School of Law

Date Written: August 9, 2023

Abstract
Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment forbids holding office by former office holders who then participate in insurrection or rebellion. Because of a range of misperceptions and mistaken assumptions, Section Three’s full legal consequences have not been appreciated or enforced. This article corrects those mistakes by setting forth the full sweep and force of Section Three.

First, Section Three remains an enforceable part of the Constitution, not limited to the Civil War, and not effectively repealed by nineteenth century amnesty legislation. Second, Section Three is self-executing, operating as an immediate disqualification from office, without the need for additional action by Congress. It can and should be enforced by every official, state or federal, who judges qualifications. Third, to the extent of any conflict with prior constitutional rules, Section Three repeals, supersedes, or simply satisfies them. This includes the rules against bills of attainder or ex post facto laws, the Due Process Clause, and even the free speech principles of the First Amendment. Fourth, Section Three covers a broad range of conduct against the authority of the constitutional order, including many instances of indirect participation or support as “aid or comfort.” It covers a broad range of former offices, including the Presidency. And in particular, it disqualifies former President Donald Trump, and potentially many others, because of their participation in the attempted overthrow of the 2020 presidential election.

And here’s a link to the paper, so that the brilliant (sic) legal minds of the Fire can parse it:

https://deliverypdf.ssrn.com/delive...5077094093067&EXT=pdf&INDEX=TRUE

Your thoughts?

FOAD, you traitorous chkunt.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn’t say a word about his speech. In fact his insurrection is still an insurrection completely separate from J6. That was just the icing.

The popular uprising he was trying to provoke wasn’t J6 either. You know what almost happened. Don’t try to gaslight me.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing quite says retard like “FOAD”

#amiwrong?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Nothing quite says retard like “FOAD”

#amiwrong?

Pro tip.....nobody does retard better than you!

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Folks….. the overall point I’ve been trying to make, here on this thread and elsewhere, is that reality is coming. Trump is going to trial. I feel like some folks have gotten so addicted to the thrill of seeing no consequences for DJT that they’ve lost sight of reality.

He’s being prosecuted for serious crimes that all evidence points to him committing. He’s going to jail unless he can show that in fact the election was stolen from him. In other words, provide the proof the guy has been claiming to have FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS! Lacking that, he’s in heap big trouble. Why? Because he did what he did and we all saw it being done. It’s utterly inexcusable- unless there truly was a vast conspiracy and it was stolen from him. One way or another we’re going to find out, but it’s not looking good for the former guy.

That’s just a general recap. This thread is specifically about whether the constitution prevents him from even running. If he engaged in insurrection or rebellion, then it very plainly does just that.

This stuff is real, it’s happening, and it’s coming.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Folks….. the overall point I’ve been trying to make, here on this thread and elsewhere, is that reality is coming. Trump is going to trial. I feel like some folks have gotten so addicted to the thrill of seeing no consequences for DJT that they’ve lost sight of reality.

He’s being prosecuted for serious crimes that all evidence points to him committing. He’s going to jail unless he can show that in fact the election was stolen from him. In other words, provide the proof the guy has been claiming to have FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS! Lacking that, he’s in heap big trouble. Why? Because he did what he did and we all saw it being done. It’s utterly inexcusable- unless there truly was a vast conspiracy and it was stolen from him. One way or another we’re going to find out, but it’s not looking good for the former guy.

That’s just a general recap. This thread is specifically about whether the constitution prevents him from even running. If he engaged in insurrection or rebellion, then it very plainly does just that.

You've yet to realize that Jeff_O is a joke here and nobody gives a fugg what he has to say.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

What ever happens you'll still be a retard...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Democommies can't beat Trump on policy.
Smell the democommie fear

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 13,406 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,161
Posts18,542,886
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.