Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yes
^ same. If there is a God he shoulda wiped out this planet and started over. Maybe just do animals with no humans this time.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Right or wrong, he might make some think or re-think.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Is it easier to regard pain and suffering and injustice in the world as an argument against the existence of God ~ or as a reminder of our need for God…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Imagine creating a hell knowing that a large majority of your failed creation would go there. Or creating people knowing they would fail.

Doesn't have to be like that at all. Scripture says hell was created for Satan and his angles. Maybe it's just the default if you reject God, and all that would entail. It doesn't have to be that God made this place to punish anyone he doesn't like for all eternity.

As to creating people knowing they would fail, I liken that to having children. You know they will fail and cause you all kinds of problems, but you do it anyway for the good.

If you believe in the Bible, it the bible that tells you that God knows the end from the beginning, and consequently everything that happen in between.

Therefore, being omniscient and omnipotent, everything that transpires from start to finish is known, planned and approved by the Creator.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Imagine creating a hell knowing that a large majority of your failed creation would go there. Or creating people knowing they would fail.

Doesn't have to be like that at all. Scripture says hell was created for Satan and his angles. Maybe it's just the default if you reject God, and all that would entail. It doesn't have to be that God made this place to punish anyone he doesn't like for all eternity.

As to creating people knowing they would fail, I liken that to having children. You know they will fail and cause you all kinds of problems, but you do it anyway for the good.

If you believe in the Bible, it the bible that tells you that God knows the end from the beginning, and consequently everything that happen in between.

Therefore, being omniscient and omnipotent, everything that transpires from start to finish is known, planned and approved by the Creator.
She's whinging up a storm.
Lol

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duke61
The good thing is that that those suffering kids have angels who behold the face of God and God lovingly takes them into His presence when their time comes. In his presence is fulness of joy. In the garden of Eden there was no pain and suffering, after the fall pain, suffering and death entered into the world and has been here every since, but loving God provided salvation through Christ. Ultimately pain and suffering will end but not for rejecters of Christ and mockers of God, their pain and sufferings will continue for eternity in the lake of fire.

Lots of credulous minded trained parrot preaching
from you - but do you have any actual evidence for
such a mythical tale paradise ethereal destination?

I've heard such tall tale nonsense from simpleton
dolt catholics for yrs...They even have a prayer for
every ailment you can think of, except their snake-oil
gibberish never works.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Would this be the same loving God that keeps the pediatric wards full of suffering babies and kids?

Yes it is. And He is also the same loving God that is long-suffering and giving YOU an opportunity to repent of your sin and accept the gift of salvation he offers through faith in his Son, Jesus Christ...

You want infants and toddlers in pediatric wards
to repent?

Why doesn't your Jesus just heal them of their
ailments?..or is Jesus too busy with something
else?..Send some prayers and see if can get him
to show some love.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by DBT

She's whinging up a storm.
Lol

That's right, ignore the issue and whine about the poster. Just the usual tactics of avoidance and denial.

You avoid and deny what is written in the bible because the hard truth does not suit your own beliefs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good?..LoL..Mankind was your g0d's regretful mistake.

Genesis 6:6
"So the Lord was sorry that He had made mankind on the earth,
and He was grieved in His heart"

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

Scripture says God declares the end from the beginning. That does not mean he controls or approves it.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antlers
…in the world influence the way you see God…? Why or why not…?

certainly describes my first mother in law....

she believed the more you suffered on earth, the greater your rewards will be in heaven..
so she went out of her way to " suffer " every day of her life...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Scripture says God declares the end from the beginning. That does not mean he controls or approves it.

Come off it. We are told that God ordered murder, killed the innocent first born of Egypt over the actions of the Pharoah, who's heart He had hardened, a set up to play out a game that was set up.....tortured Job over a friendly wager with satan in a game where He knew the outcome (omniscience), we are told in the Bible that God creates evil and the evildoer, for His own purposes, etc, etc. All the relevant verses have been quoted many times, so acting like this is the first time this has been raised is disingenuous.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
No

Me neither. I see His work in creation and I hear His voice in the Bible. Circumstances, feelings or what I see in world or in others has no effect on how I see or hear Him.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Come off it. We are told that God ordered murder, killed the innocent first born of Egypt over the actions of the Pharoah, who's heart He had hardened, a set up to play out a game that was set up.....tortured Job over a friendly wager with satan in a game where He knew the outcome (omniscience), we are told in the Bible that God creates evil and the evildoer, for His own purposes, etc, etc. All the relevant verses have been quoted many times, so acting like this is the first time this has been raised is disingenuous.

I've explained those passages many times. By KJV translation it would be easy to see God as a blood thirsty tyrant. I think it's mostly because the translators viewed kings as such. You could just as easily find bible verses to prove the opposite of your own view of God as a tyrant. What is disingenuous, is to pick and choose verses to justify your own feelings.

Regardless of all that. The bible clearly does not teach that everything happens because it's the will of God.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How many here have children? Did they come from you? Do you love them?

Do you understand that, despite all you do, they will develop their own personality….perhaps become a serial killer or heavy drug abuser (just examples) without any genetic anomalies or abuse? Is that your fault? No, its not.

Would you openly accept the blame of their atrocities when they’re caught for some heinous act? You would most likely feel guilty, but I doubt you’d go on record as saying “He’s like he is because I made him that way.”.

If they were a rebellious child, would you not discipline them? If they became more rebellious towards discipline, would you not discipline them harder? At some point, would you realize that they’re not going to change and space yourself from them? If they returned to you, convinced they were genuine in their begging you for your help, would you not give them another chance?

A wayward child is a realistic possibility, yet you decided to have one, hoping by his/her own free will, that they’d be a productive member of society.

God made us. He provided us our own free will. We are made in His image. As parents, its easy to see how close to God’s image we really are. Unfortunately, we were given a very important choice and chose sin in the beginning.

How much would you tolerate having your 10 year old constantly demand you explain your choices in your household? How about your 13 year old? Your 17 year old? You would probably start by putting them in their place and eventually arrive at showing them the door.

He’s no more of a tyrant than any parent. Having seen how power corrupts humans, I can only imagine any one us would be if we created everything in the universe and had our creations rebel against us or even question our motives. I think its safe to assume (based on human history) that it would get quite bloody and we’d let a fair share of bad things happen out of disgust.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RayF

Do you understand that, despite all you do, they will develop their own personality….perhaps become a serial killer or heavy drug abuser (just examples) without any genetic anomalies or abuse? Is that your fault? No, its not.

Would you openly accept the blame of their atrocities when they’re caught for some heinous act? You would most likely feel guilty, but I doubt you’d go on record as saying “He’s like he is because I made him that way.”.

If they were a rebellious child, would you not discipline them? If they became more rebellious towards discipline, would you not discipline them harder? At some point, would you realize that they’re not going to change and space yourself from them? If they returned to you, convinced they were genuine in their begging you for your help, would you not give them another chance?

A wayward child is a realistic possibility, yet you decided to have one, hoping by his/her own free will, that they’d be a productive member of society.

God made us. He provided us our own free will. We are made in His image. As parents, its easy to see how close to God’s image we really are. Unfortunately, we were given a very important choice and chose sin in the beginning.

How much would you tolerate having your 10 year old constantly demand you explain your choices in your household? How about your 13 year old? Your 17 year old? You would probably start by putting them in their place and eventually arrive at showing them the door.

He’s no more of a tyrant than any parent. Having seen how power corrupts humans, I can only imagine any one us would be if we created everything in the universe and had our creations rebel against us or even question our motives. I think its safe to assume (based on human history) that it would get quite bloody and we’d let a fair share of bad things happen out of disgust.
Difference is that I won't and wouldn't condemn the rest of my children's bloodline for the actions of my kid(s).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
…in the world influence the way you see God…? Why or why not…?

No. Pain, suffering and injustice are results of the fall.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Difference is that I won't and wouldn't condemn the rest of my children's bloodline for the actions of my kid(s).

There is scripture that says the sins of the fathers will be visited upon several generations. I don't see that as meaning God is going to be pissed at them for that long, or condemn them that long or whatever. When you start studying languages you see how subjective to the translator's views any translation becomes.

Those verses could simply speak to the tendency of several generations of a family to have the same issues. How much more likely would anyone be to become a drug addict or alcoholic if their parents were? Is that God cursing them? Maybe in one way of looking at it but maybe not, and free will would still apply.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

An understandable perspective and compassionate point of view, however, consider this: You made the rules and your child made that choice. Not you.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Fair enough.

Would you give your 5 year old leukemia? Would you choose not to cure them even when in your power to do so?

Would you let your 10 year old to be beaten daily, for years on end and not put a stop to it?

Would you allow your 13 year old to be trafficked?

Would you sit around and watch your well behaved, by all accounts wonderful 17 year old get into a vehicle knowing they would get t-boned a mile down the road and live as a vegetable or quadriplegic?

I submit that if you would you're a bit of a cu.nt

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.