Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Looking at a pair of Costas with the 580G lenses. Ive been a blue lens guy for the last 7 years with no issues. Reading up online a bit it sounds like the green lenses are the way to go for freshwater fishing. Anyone have an experience with both and care to chime in?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ive used both green and blue. In bright light, the blue is more comfortable to wear to my eyes.

Check out Bajio brand also.

Started by one of the former Costa guys after the luxotica buyout.

Ive got a couple pair. I like them.

They just started making a few models for those of us blessed with a big melon. 😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Plouffer
Looking at a pair of Costas with the 580G lenses. Ive been a blue lens guy for the last 7 years with no issues. Reading up online a bit it sounds like the green lenses are the way to go for freshwater fishing. Anyone have an experience with both and care to chime in?

Fresh water is what I do with my Costas. And yes, the 580G glass might be a little heavier than the polycarbonate, but more scratch resistant. I have a wide face and was going to buy the Blackfin glasses out of their catalog, but I'm glad that I didn't and went to the Bass Pro store in Orlando to try on glasses. Nope, the Permit model was the one that fit my wide face the best without pinching. As to lens color, the copper was the winner for me. The blue mirror is recommended for ocean bright sunlight with its 10% light transmission. The green mirror also has 10% light transmission and was darker than the copper which has 12%. My choices came down to the copper silver mirror and the non-mirror copper both with that 12% transmission. The sun glass lady let me take a pair of each of the copper ones outside to look at their fresh water pond out front. The non-mirrored copper cut the glare the best for me. They didn't have a Permit pair with that lens, so I ordered them from the factory in Daytona. For sight fishing or netting fish in fresh water they have been ideal.

Costa does have some good you tube videos on picking the correct lens color glasses. That polarized copper does really accentuate the reds and greens in nature and it is nearly sensory overload for the fall colors here up north. If you wear them for driving, the traffic lights are vivid.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I ended up with the Ferg XL.

You are correct about trying on in person…

Goto a Sunglass Hut or local dealer and try on…

Last time I looked at BPS, they installed a bulky anti-theft device on one ear piece… cant try on for fit… without assistance..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wear blue and like them my first set of Costas were a redish tint man I hated them

I didnt know how much till I wore them for a while

These blue ones work well
The good news they go around your face to cut off sun getting in, the bad news they go around your face and cuts the air out you dont notice it till you take them off and it feels much more comfortable

Over all I like my Maui Jims better

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Costa Corbina 580G Blue for me have 2 pair of them as well as 3 other pair of Costa glasses

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use blue mirror and fish mostly freshwater. One of my kids has some other color (not sure what it is). They are all nice but the blue mirror seems to block the most light. Costa wants you to own a ‘quiver’ of glasses in different shades. I suppose that’s ok if you have the coin and that’s your thing. I bought the blue because it blocks the most light, which is what I’m after when it is super bright.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by K1500
I use blue mirror and fish mostly freshwater. One of my kids has some other color (not sure what it is). They are all nice but the blue mirror seems to block the most light. Costa wants you to own a ‘quiver’ of glasses in different shades. I suppose that’s ok if you have the coin and that’s your thing. I bought the blue because it blocks the most light, which is what I’m after when it is super bright.

I agree the company’s have convinced us we need
Xx amount of xx hundred dollar glasses

What I bought my first pair of pricey glasses I used them for everything and took really good care of them
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Ended up going with the Permits in the blue. I too have a watermelon for a head so I needed the wide fit. Unfortunately I live in one of those unpopulated areas and didnt have the ability to go try things on after I learned they made them in two different lens options. Anyway, Im sure I wont hate them!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they don’t fit well send them back and try the Ferg XL.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

442 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 160user, 37 invisible), 1,924 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,637
Posts18,493,149
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.