-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People are mighty jumpy now thanks to the media. Here I know my neighbors and if they have guns out...we talk about the fun to come.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Who doesn’t have enough headaches in life without going out and trying to create more? Apparently, this guy.
Unless he is willing to give himself migraines in order to restore your Constitutional Rights.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by high_country_
People are mighty jumpy now thanks to the media. Here I know my neighbors and if they have guns out...we talk about the fun to come.
Do you live across from a school?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Say you bought a lot then built a house paying a mortgage every month for years. Then the local government decides that the 40 acre pasture across the street needs to be a new school. Then they announce it as a gunfree zone. Seems to me that those who own adjacent property have been wronged they were there first. No different than people moving next to a shooting range then legally moving to have the range shut down. Like most of these problems are God damn realtors..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Esteban325
The fundamental question is whether his actions can be classified as brandishing. If you brandish a firearm at someone, that is technically assault as I understand it. I am vehemently opposed to a policy of arresting people for merely have repeatedly been seen with a firearm in public... there must be some sort of aggravating factor such as brandishing or threats.
Not Hardly.

The fundamental question is whether or not he was in possession of a firearm on public property within 1000 feet of a school without a State issued license to do so.

Brandishing has ZERO to do with this.

One can be charged under the GFSZ Act for concealed carry if not in possession of a state issued license.

Yes and no. They may not charge him with brandishing, but it sounds like he was making his firearms all too public across the street from the school.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Say you bought a lot then built a house paying a mortgage every month for years. Then the local government decides that the 40 acre pasture across the street needs to be a new school. Then they announce it as a gunfree zone. Seems to me that those who own adjacent property have been wronged they were there first. No different than people moving next to a shooting range then legally moving to have the range shut down. Like most of these problems are God damn realtors..mb

Sure but what if it became a police station instead? He may have been equally screwed.

Last edited by plumbum; 08/25/23.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by plumbum
The following is a statement by Billings Police Lt. Matt Lennick:

"This is something we have been dealing with for weeks. We receive multiple calls a day on this individual. We have had contact with him on multiple occasions, and currently he is refusing to stop displaying his firearms while on his property. At this time he has not done anything illegal and we do not have the authority to arrest him, take his firearms, or force him to stop coming out into his yard. There is no state statute that restricts guns within a school zone, especially on one’s private property adjacent to a school. We have reached out to the FBI and ATF to see if there is federal statutes they can assist with. For the time being we are actively posting Officers in the area to make sure everyone is safe."

The idiot lives directly across the street from an elementary school. He would not listen to the local LEO's, instead he walked around the area with guns. He kept displaying them.

He is an idiot at best, probably mentally ill too. With all the school shootings in the news, it is obvious that idiot wanted attention. Well he got it.

Did you forget this: "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Test case. He's done this on purpose. Locals are well aware.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here is the answer to the OP! These types of atrocities will continue as long as we allow it to happen! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 08/25/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

So IDK who makes this convoluted wording but there is no "licensed to do so by the State" in PA for long guns unless they are talking about a hunting license. The license to conceal carry specifically doesn't cover long guns, only "firearms" which is only pistols and possible SBRs. I live within 1000' of a High School and am always careful when carrying my firearm of any type to my car parked on the street in front of my house but this unconstitutional law has concerned me since I lived there.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by victoro
The following is a statement by Billings Police Lt. Matt Lennick:

"This is something we have been dealing with for weeks. We receive multiple calls a day on this individual. We have had contact with him on multiple occasions, and currently he is refusing to stop displaying his firearms while on his property. At this time he has not done anything illegal and we do not have the authority to arrest him, take his firearms, or force him to stop coming out into his yard. There is no state statute that restricts guns within a school zone, especially on one’s private property adjacent to a school. We have reached out to the FBI and ATF to see if there is federal statutes they can assist with. For the time being we are actively posting Officers in the area to make sure everyone is safe."

The idiot lives directly across the street from an elementary school. He would not listen to the local LEO's, instead he walked around the area with guns. He kept displaying them.

He is an idiot at best, probably mentally ill too. With all the school shootings in the news, it is obvious that idiot wanted attention. Well he got it.

Did you forget this: "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Did the Heller case? No right is absolute. Can't bring a gun into prison (excepting CO's of course). You may not like where the line is drawn, none of us do, but there are and always have been some restrictions on firearms. Even when the Constitution was written. Read Heller if you don't believe me.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by RAM
Test case. He's done this on purpose. Locals are well aware.

Where did you read that? Would be great if true but I kinda doubt it is.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by coat4gun
(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

So IDK who makes this convoluted wording but there is no "licensed to do so by the State" in PA for long guns unless they are talking about a hunting license. The license to conceal carry specifically doesn't cover long guns, only "firearms" which is only pistols and possible SBRs. I live within 1000' of a High School and am always careful when carrying my firearm of any type to my car parked on the street in front of my house but this unconstitutional law has concerned me since I lived there.

My best guess: The federal act exempts people who own guns on their property. It also, as I recall, exempts lawful travel with guns to and from lawful activity. However, CCW is not going to or from a place to use caution gun, so they carved it our expressly.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The fundamental question is whether his actions can be classified as brandishing. If you brandish a firearm at someone, that is technically assault as I understand it. I am vehemently opposed to a policy of arresting people for merely have repeatedly been seen with a firearm in public... there must be some sort of aggravating factor such as brandishing or threats.
Not Hardly.

The fundamental question is whether or not he was in possession of a firearm on public property within 1000 feet of a school without a State issued license to do so.

One can be charged under the GFSZ Act for concealed carry if not in possession of a state issued license.

Yes and no. They may not charge him with brandishing, but it sounds like he was making his firearms all too public across the street from the school.
Which has nothing to do with the GFSZ law.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by coat4gun

My best guess: The federal act exempts people who own guns on their property. It also, as I recall, exempts lawful travel with guns to and from lawful activity. However, CCW is not going to or from a place to use caution gun, so they carved it our expressly.
Stop guessing and read the statute, JFC.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Not Hardly.

Which has nothing to do with the GFSZ law.

An idiot displaying or brandishing firearms across the street from an elementary school over a period of weeks can certainly motivate LE to look for things like the federal law.

In fact, that's what the local LE said happened. But what would he know? He's only the guy who did it.

FFS, If you want to pretend those two events are unrelated, go ahead. But you are being unrealistic.

Sounds like an idiot wanted attention, and got it, via the federal law.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeebus folks,

Scenario, Feds find a small loophole like maybe he stepped onto the sidewalk in front of the house once which isn’t private property. Arrest and haul off to the jail then local hospital for Psychological exam. Exam shows he mentally incompetent to own firearms. This allows prosecutors to drop charges but confiscate firearms, flag on NICS and it’s over.

Swifty
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"Gun free school zone" is one of the most worthless and idiotic creations of the nanny state. "Save our children", bleat the sheep.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Jeebus folks,

Scenario, Feds find a small loophole like maybe he stepped onto the sidewalk in front of the house once which isn’t private property. Arrest and haul off to the jail then local hospital for Psychological exam. Exam shows he mentally incompetent to own firearms. This allows prosecutors to drop charges but confiscate firearms, flag on NICS and it’s over.

What if he is mentally unstable?

I hope he's not; I hope it was a pissing match between neighbors and this is all much ado about nothing, he gets his guns back, sells his house at a huge profit, and moves where he wants to be.

But I am betting he is an idiot, at the least.

Looks like Caddyshack, 2023.

[Linked Image from ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Who doesn’t have enough headaches in life without going out and trying to create more? Apparently, this guy.
Unless he is willing to give himself migraines in order to restore your Constitutional Rights.
I wish he’d stop. Folks like this do responsible gun owners no favors.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 33 invisible), 1,811 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.