Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A Magnetometer set up on a chainlink fence perimeter.

The Security genius that thunk up that... I would love to meet in person.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by POKERFACE6
Originally Posted by JoeBob
There were four people shot at a football game in Oklahoma last weekend and at least one more game in Texas where shots were fired. I hate to say it, but it’s warranted. Wherever you have young black males congregating, you’re going to have some shootings.

Maybe we should ban young black males from attending then. Seriously...Joe

The Pflugerville team is almost all black. We beat them 48-28 and they played real dirty. There was a lot of chop blocks, late hits, horse collars, pass interference and unnecessary roughness calls on Pflugerville.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Choctaw Okla, a little one horse town, is what JoeBob is referring to. I know it sucks but people are getting tired of their kids getting killed. Its bad when you can't go to school or a school activity and having to worry about getting shot. People are just trying to protect their children. Do you really blame them???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The school my daughter teaches at changed policy this year and she's no longer permitted to carry in the classroom. The school had active shooter drills and told her to huddle the kids in the middle of the room on the floor. She has a baseball bat, bear spray and plans to go down fighting. We're doomed and will receive the justice we deserve.

"The school my daughter teaches at....?"
How about, "The school where my daughter teaches...?"
All in jest TrueGrit, no offense intended.
I ain't no Anglish skolar!! LOL!

More and more rural ISD's and CSD's in Texas are arming staff and teachers.
The first in the US was the Harrold ISD on Hwy 287. The nearest LEO facility is 35 minutes away in the best of conditions!
Another small CSD about 60 miles south even has a sign out front that says, "Teachers and staff are armed."
Teachers are offered the chance to attend training to carry a firearm. Even the janitors, lunchroom personnel, coaching staff and maintenance crew can attend classes to carry. NO ONE is forced to carry or attend classes.
The school is really, REALLY remote. I'm pretty sure any sissy teachers that are scared of guns won't even consider employment there! LOL! Them folks be's country!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There have been several cases lately of kids sneaking guns into school in their backpacks. I know the theory is that if a kid has a gun, you need to be armed to stop him if starts shooting. But how do the cops decide who's carrying for mischief and who's carrying for self defense?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by victoro
"Did you think of maybe putting the knife back in your car?

I highly doubt other schools in central tx don't do that."

1)They told me they would give my knife to me when I left plus I was parked a long way from the entrance and it was 106 degrees.

2) They may do this do this now in Communist Austin not in they're not in our district. How many high school games have you been to in central Texas?

Enough to know you're whining.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You might have felt better, and also helped prove their point, if you had stabbed the guy that gave the knife back to you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
But how do the cops decide who's carrying for mischief and who's carrying for self defense?

Ethnicity

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There have been several cases lately of kids sneaking guns into school in their backpacks. I know the theory is that if a kid has a gun, you need to be armed to stop him if starts shooting. But how do the cops decide who's carrying for mischief and who's carrying for self defense?

Kids should NOT have a gun in school - period.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MOGC

How times change.

In high school we'd park our pickups in the school parking lot and have our shotgun or deer rifle in the gun rack behind the seat. Nobody was offended. No laws were broken. Nobody got shot...

But after school was out, we went hunting and didn't have to waste time driving back home to get our guns.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We would put our shotguns in our locker, so we could go duck hunting with the coach after school, no big deal. Rio7

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The school my daughter teaches at changed policy this year and she's no longer permitted to carry in the classroom. The school had active shooter drills and told her to huddle the kids in the middle of the room on the floor. She has a baseball bat, bear spray and plans to go down fighting. We're doomed and will receive the justice we deserve.

Not to hijack the thread but if it is necessary to barricade inside a room you don't huddle in the middle of the floor. She should decide which back corner of the room away from the door gets her students out of sight and line of fire of the door and if possible any outside windows.

You also should never shelter in place. LOL

The people that write and teach most Active Shooter curriculum are fugking idiots.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
How times change.

In high school we'd park our pickups in the school parking lot and have our shotgun or deer rifle in the gun rack behind the seat. Nobody was offended. No laws were broken. Nobody got shot...

But after school was out, we went hunting and didn't have to waste time driving back home to get our guns.

Times have changed, indeed. We used to pack our new Christmas or birthday presents - shotguns and rifles, into shop class to show them off to the teacher. Of course, that was when teachers had USA flags hanging in class, led class in prayer, and encouraged boys to be boys and girls to be girls…

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long and I don't even have to do my part...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RIO7
We would put our shotguns in our locker, so we could go duck hunting with the coach after school, no big deal. Rio7

OK, great grandpa hillbilly.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

How times change.

How much was your deer lease?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
we've all seen how "in control" way too many of the professional sports people are..

and there's amazing amounts of videos of high school and little kids sports where things got way out of hand and it wasn't by the kids it was by the parents... especially when you involve groups of groid parents ..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

How times change.

How much was your deer lease?

Pretty cheap. Our Ag teacher taught us how to road hunt... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Next time tell security that you and Happy Camper are experts at both Alchemy and making homebrew Hydroxychloroquine in your bath tub with grapefruit peels and lysol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Not to hijack the thread but if it is necessary to barricade inside a room you don't huddle in the middle of the floor. She should decide which back corner of the room away from the door gets her students out of sight and line of fire of the door and if possible any outside windows.

You also should never shelter in place. LOL

The people that write and teach most Active Shooter curriculum are fugking idiots.

While I agree with that for the most part there are situations in which it is the only option.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 43 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,358
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.