Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There have been several cases lately of kids sneaking guns into school in their backpacks. I know the theory is that if a kid has a gun, you need to be armed to stop him if starts shooting. But how do the cops decide who's carrying for mischief and who's carrying for self defense?

Kids should NOT have a gun in school - period.

How times change.

In high school we'd park our pickups in the school parking lot and have our shotgun or deer rifle in the gun rack behind the seat. Nobody was offended. No laws were broken. Nobody got shot...

But after school was out, we went hunting and didn't have to waste time driving back home to get our guns.

Hell we did this in the Mid '90s at my suburban highschool. Stood at our vehicles and changed into our hunting clothes and went right to the hunting spots. Noone batted an eye or said a word.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The school my daughter teaches at changed policy this year and she's no longer permitted to carry in the classroom. The school had active shooter drills and told her to huddle the kids in the middle of the room on the floor. She has a baseball bat, bear spray and plans to go down fighting. We're doomed and will receive the justice we deserve.

Not to hijack the thread but if it is necessary to barricade inside a room you don't huddle in the middle of the floor. She should decide which back corner of the room away from the door gets her students out of sight and line of fire of the door and if possible any outside windows.

You also should never shelter in place. LOL

The people that write and teach most Active Shooter curriculum are fugking idiots.

'Who dares wins'. When it looks utterly hopless take the fight to them, it is what they least expect.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There's a lot of dads cc at our high school games. The LE knows it too.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Exactly...

That is America.

You know LE... LE knows you...

And ya both on the same of the law... Amazing...

Not

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Exactly...

That is America.

Not
Did you used ta write fortune cookie notes?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Curious, how big a school / stadium is pflugerville?

I know HS football is huge in TX.

Our small town school is a small 4a. I’d guess 1000 -1500 at a game.. and that’s a rivalry game.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Exactly...

That is America.

Not

A significant portion of them have been to my house when I volunteered to smoke a bunch of butts for their middle shift. It amazing what can happen when you meet your neighbors.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Exactly...

That is America.

And ya both are on the same side of the law... Amazing...

Not

I wrote a few years ago...

But only a tiny percentage...

By comparison...

To the cocks you have sucked...

So far...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Years ago... I ran a maintenance department for a public facility...

There was this mentally deranged homeless guy in the neighborhood... that used to crap in the public bathroom sink...

And then with his hand and fingers he would spread his poo on the walls... and finger paint rude comments on the mirrors.

AOD...

You kinda remind me of that guy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There have been several cases lately of kids sneaking guns into school in their backpacks. I know the theory is that if a kid has a gun, you need to be armed to stop him if starts shooting. But how do the cops decide who's carrying for mischief and who's carrying for self defense?

Kids should NOT have a gun in school - period.

How times change.

In high school we'd park our pickups in the school parking lot and have our shotgun or deer rifle in the gun rack behind the seat. Nobody was offended. No laws were broken. Nobody got shot...

But after school was out, we went hunting and didn't have to waste time driving back home to get our.

How much was your deer lease?

When I was finally old enough to actually care, pop was paying about $50/year. The lease ran Jan 1/Dec 31!
When I quit hunting the place in 1981, it was $250/year and about half of the original 500 acres.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The school my daughter teaches at changed policy this year and she's no longer permitted to carry in the classroom. The school had active shooter drills and told her to huddle the kids in the middle of the room on the floor. She has a baseball bat, bear spray and plans to go down fighting. We're doomed and will receive the justice we deserve.

Not to hijack the thread but if it is necessary to barricade inside a room you don't huddle in the middle of the floor. She should decide which back corner of the room away from the door gets her students out of sight and line of fire of the door and if possible any outside windows.

You also should never shelter in place. LOL

The people that write and teach most Active Shooter curriculum are fugking idiots.
Agree with the position on not sheltering in place.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
With a wide open southern border, and known terrorists coming across, I find it odd that anyone would complain about security.
Im on this side. Do some of you live under a rock? Big events seem to be pretty good targets of mentally ill people. Im ok with some security in these situations

Last edited by gunchamp; 08/29/23.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Flave The Barney Fife, of law enforcement, you still driving around the Mall Parking Lot in your Golf cart with the flashing Yellow light? CATFISH----Rio7

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Our small town school is a small 4a. I’d guess 1000 -1500 at a game.. and that’s a rivalry game.

4A?

Wow!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They are trying to be safe, but mostly stop lawsuits if some fool started shooting the place up. They can say” We did all we could”

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

4A?

Wow!

We played Pflugerville in regional in 1970. They beat us 24 to 13 I think. They got hell beat out of them in state finals by Sonora. That was 1-A then. Magnolia has two 5-A schools now. Both have grown, Magnolia is growing very fast, hundreds of new homes being built.

Last edited by hanco; 08/29/23.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
My Hometown Akron, Ohio pretty much a little Chicago. Every day I check the news its blacks shooting blacks.
This was a pee wee football game. Black teen shot a 19 year old and 7 year old.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...ing-shot-after-akron-youth-football-game

Its so common place, nobody cares anymore. Of course the democratic leaders say its a gun problem. Too afraid to admit the truth.

One of you fine gentleman said something that stuck with me.

"We don't have a race problem, we have a problem race."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

4A?

Wow!

We played Pflugerville in regional in 1970. They beat us 24 to 13 I think. They got hell beat out of them in state finals by Sonora. That was 1-A then. Magnolia has two 5-A schools now. Both have grown, Magnolia is growing very fast, hundreds of new homes being built.

Back in the 1960's, early 70's, White Deer, TX was almost a perennial favorite in Texas Class 1A.
My alma mater (Elkhart HS) got into the state playoffs 3 of my 4 high school years, but never advanced beyond "Regional".

Pflugerville is out there by the Taylor "Ducks" and the Hutto "Hippos"! The movie "Second Hand Lions" was filmed in and around Pflugerville.

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 08/30/23.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (35, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 15 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,648
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.