Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by las
Nope. I see no empirical evidence of a higher power. If there is one, it's uncaring, aloof, and unresponsive. DGAF.

We are basically fugged to our heritage and environs. Period. You get one shot. Here and now. Make the most of it. Be decent.

The "one God" concept was invented about 3K years ago, by the Hebrews after a 75K evolution of mankind. Ain't saying they were wrong, but it WAS an invention or REVELATION - take your pick.

I/we got lucky, and I am very appreciative to me, my time, and place.

Keeping in mind that many of my past opinions over 76 years have proven at least partially erroneous.

I have lived, I am gonna die. I hope I haven't done too many people too much wrong.

That's all.

Yep, and I agree with your attitude.

There was a time when heathens like yourself would have a high liklihood of being killed for displaying rational skepticism and appreciation, these days you are more likely to be subject to discrimination and persecution depending on where you live.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Of all the people I know, personally, I think I know only one true Christian, as I understand it, IMO. He lived it, never pushed it.

And I am an azzhole, at times. Most times.

I never really "liked" him, but for years he was my hunting partner. He's in out-of -home-care senior care facility now, memory for chits... tears my heart out. What's the god-justice in this?

I gotta go visit him before I leave for a trip/pseudo moose hunting in a couple days.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las
Nope. I see no empirical evidence of a higher power. If there is one, it's uncaring, aloof, and unresponsive. DGAF.

We are basically fugged to our heritage and environs. Period. You get one shot. Here and now. Make the most of it. Be decent.

The "one God" concept was invented about 3K years ago, by the Hebrews after a 75K evolution of mankind. Ain't saying they were wrong, but it WAS an invention or REVELATION - take your pick.

I/we got lucky, and I am very appreciative to me, my time, and place.

Keeping in mind that many of my past opinions over 76 years have proven at least partially erroneous.

I have lived, I am gonna die. I hope I haven't done too many people too much wrong.

That's all.

Yep, and I agree with your attitude.

There was a time when heathens like yourself would have a high liklihood of being killed for displaying rational skepticism and appreciation, these days you are more likely to be subject to discrimination and persecution depending on where you live.

LOL…..where?

The majority of “persecutors” these days are those against christians. This is evidenced by the recent world-wide government-enforced shut down of churches during covid, but largely unrestricted gathering for secular-based protests.

Its 2023. You weren’t ever put in a dungeon and I never took part in a crusade. Christians just want to be left alone and spread the Good News among those willing to hear it.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Christianity does teach that God provides a way to save humanity from its shortcomings instead of choosing to only judge humanity for its shortcomings.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antlers
Christianity does teach that God provides a way to save humanity from its shortcomings instead of choosing to only judge humanity for its shortcomings.

Christianity is a system to ensure discrimination and persecution - judgement is made by Christians, not their invisible, non-existent, sky magician. Christians denigrate themselves and their fellow human beings.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RayF
. Christians just want to be left alone and spread the Good News among those willing to hear it.

God bothering Xtians just want to be left alone..???
If that was actually true they would wait till non-
believers came knocking before preaching.

Originally Posted by las
Nope. I see no empirical evidence of a higher power.
If there is one, it's uncaring, aloof, and unresponsive. DGAF.

The historical record over millennia clearly and overwhelmingly
demonstrates any such g0d DGAF.
Atrocious infant mortality rate was not arrested until
modern medical science made the difference..the
Xtian g0d just kicked back and watched millions of
babies and mothers suffer and die, but apparently that
same g0d doesnt approve of abortion...too funny.

Vatican or CF claims of prayers working or miracles taking place
rank with Big Foot claims..But no doubt such find favor with the
credulous minded.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
. A Roman throwing the Christian into the hungry
lion den could be considered an evil action YMMV.

Feeding Xtians to lions was justified for being atheists
(not honoring Roman state g0ds)
And Xtians through history behaved the same
way toward heretics, pagans and Jews via
massacres/pogroms , crusades and inquisitions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And if the existence of the God that was presented to us by Jesus and other’s in the New Testament brings forgiveness, relationship, and truth, are those things attractive or not…?

Neither your g0d or Jesus bothered to hard copy record anything,
it was left to anonymous non-witness snake oil salesmen.
(Jews can at least claim their g0d personally scribed the
Ten Commandments given to Moses.)

And pagan style human blood sacrifice of a crazy apocalyptic rabbi Jesus
and fan fiction tall story resurrected corpse is hardly credible argument for
some magical mythical promise of eternal life.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
And if the existence of the God that was presented to us by Jesus and other’s in the New Testament brings forgiveness, relationship, and truth, are those things attractive or not…?

Neither your g0d or Jesus bothered to hard copy record anything,
it was left to anonymous non-witness snake oil salesmen.
(Jews can at least claim their g0d personally scribed the
Ten Commandments given to Moses.)

And pagan style human blood sacrifice of a crazy apocalyptic rabbi Jesus
and fan fiction tall story resurrected corpse is hardly credible argument for
some magical mythical promise of eternal life.

If NOTHING ELSE, is not the Ten Commandments a good way to live your life by?

Or do you reject them also.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus was a great leader and a great teacher. If one doubts His resurrection, you’re in good company. Even His closest disciple’s were skeptical. But those same followers went on to become the spokesmen of Jesus’ ekklesia. They maintained their faith in the midst of incredible pain and suffering and injustice. They were beaten and tortured and killed still claiming that Jesus was their risen Savior.

So what do you make of this defining event ~ the one that became the very foundation of their faith…?

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The arguments against Christianity in this thread are laid out as a straw man argument. The basis for the reasoning redefines and misrepresents the Christian faith. Until this who disagree come to the discussion addressing Christianity as it it truly taught this thread is just white noise.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by IZH27
The arguments against Christianity in this thread are laid out as a straw man argument. The basis for the reasoning redefines and misrepresents the Christian faith. Until this who disagree come to the discussion addressing Christianity as it it truly taught this thread is just white noise.

"Addressing Christianity as it is truly taught."

I doubt you can find 2 Christians here that could agree on that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Starman

Even critics are generally accepting the resurrection. You are behind the times.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark

It’s the essentials of Christianity that really matter. It’s OK for folks to have the personal freedom to hold varying interpretations on theological issues that are non-essentials. There were disagreements among Jesus’ own apostle’s. The apostle Paul refers to some examples of disputable matters in Romans 14.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

It’s the essentials of Christianity that really matter. It’s OK for folks to have the personal freedom to hold varying interpretations on theological issues that are non-essentials. There were disagreements among Jesus’ own apostle’s. The apostle Paul refers to some examples of disputable matters in Romans 14.

I agree with you but there again, everyone is going to interpret what is essential differently. I've been pondering the question 25 years and would have said something different about every 5 years or so. I've basically got it down to just two words now. Trust God!

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I agree with you but there again, everyone is going to interpret what is essential differently. I've basically got it down to just two words now. Trust God!
word

It’s about putting one’s trust and confidence in the sacrifice that Jesus made on our behalf; He did everything that was necessary for our salvation. All of our sin…past and present and future…has already been paid for by Him. Put your trust and confidence in the sacrifice that Jesus made on our behalf, and NOTHING else.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There’s something extremely funny if not psychologically troubling about the atheists that feel compelled to interject themselves and their stupidity in every Christian thread while THEY insult us, our God and our faith and then they bitch, wail and cry about how persecuted the little pussies are. 😂

Hypocritical, immature pussies that seek out people to intentionally insult then cry about how mean everyone is and how persecuted they are for insulting us. I’m not perfect which is why I’d love to turn their other cheek for them involuntarily…..then they’d at least have something legitimate and real to complain about!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There’s something extremely funny if not psychologically troubling about the atheists that feel compelled to interject themselves and their stupidity in every Christian thread while THEY insult us, our God and our faith and then they bitch, wail and cry about how persecuted the little pussies are. 😂

Hypocritical, immature pussies that seek out people to intentionally insult then cry about how mean everyone is and how persecuted they are for insulting us. I’m not perfect which is why I’d love to turn their other cheek for them involuntarily…..then they’d at least have something legitimate and real to complain about!

Yea, but that's just because you're paying attention to them. I don't know what they said or did and don't care. Not that I haven't fallen for that crap too many times before. All of us have better thoughts to let dwell in us. There's always plenty of stuff to find wrong. It won't make you feel any better though. There's also lots of good things to think about. The whole world tries to point you toward the bad so it's a fight to focus on the good but it's there and you will have a lot better time looking for it than the other.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know what you mean RH but Ray has turned a frown upside down and his recent engagements have been hilarious. I actually don’t now and never have ever had to “electronically ignore” anyone no matter how much I despised them. The atheist cucks here I don’t despise…heck I don’t even “hate” them, I feel sorry for them and I get angry but ultimately they’ve shown how truly stupid they are. I feel sorry for them. They’re not stupid because they don’t believe (although I think that’s stupid) they’re stupid because they can’t formulate their own thoughts in a rational or cogent manner and they allow their emotions from the damage their overbearing mothers and handsy fathers had to inform their entire world view on religion. They’re extremely limited in their ability to discuss or debate anything… without a “shotgun” approach to religious discussions they’re wholly unarmed, uniformed and quivering emotional basket cases. 😂

I don’t care what you believe and I’m not interested in converting anyone unless it’s their desire to seek the Lord. In that case I would do everything I could to attend to that with the Love of God leading the way.

Otherwise I’m just as likely to break your jaw if you acted in person like these clowns act online….(not “you” RH 😉)

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
God bothering Xtians just want to be left alone..???
If that was actually true they would wait till non-
believers came knocking before preaching.

Okay. Let’s be honest. Evangelistic outreach is the same inconvenience as any secular solicitor. No different. Nobody is sticking their foot in your door as you close it, much less riding in on horses and hacking down unbelievers. A simple “I’m not interested” gets nearly all undesirable would-be preachers going on down the road.

And again, you’ve never done time in a dungeon.

….g0d….

This gives me a chuckle. I, honestly do not know what is being attempted here. Do you believe in God and hate him so much that you intentionally misspell His name….or do not believe in a god and just look to insult christians. If the latter, I’m forced to assume you have, at least the intelligence to know its provocative and risks nobody taking you seriously. More to the point, if that’s the case, you know pretty much 99% of the christians here see it for what it is and the conversation is no longer about God (with the offender, anyway). It just turns into an ole fashioned worldly mud-slinging between guys that think the other one is a complete and utter douche.

Just wanted to be clear. I know of 2 complete morons that can’t grasp that simple concept.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 75 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,403 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,166
Posts18,484,458
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.