Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
MGunns Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just picked up a Kahr CW 380 for summer shorts, tshirt and flip flop wear here in Eastern NC. I know, I'll get the carry your desert eagle 50 cal, kidding. When it's 100 here and a quick trip to the store, it's nice to just throw a lightweight in your pocket etc. I'm looking for recommendations on a minimalist carry. Mic trigger guard, pocket holster etc. Thanks in advance.

Mgunns

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Following, I just put a post up about a Smith and Wesson bodyguard 380 with crimson trace green laser for the same type of scenario

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I'm still always IWB, not a fan of pocket carry. I use these on the holsters and they hold well on my swim shorts with no belt.
[Linked Image from d2j6dbq0eux0bg.cloudfront.net]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There's a couple of things I'll do for the "quick trip" in shorts, tshirt, and mandated flip flops.

I've got Desantis pocket holsters but I rarely use them in summer shorts:

https://www.desantisholster.com/the-nemesis/

I've got clipdraws on G19's and a P365. Works ok if the shorts have a drawstring.

https://www.clipdraw.com/

Dale Frickie Zac holster if I have a belt, often used along with the clipdraw. Without a belt you'll have to pull it off.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/zacchaeus-concealment-holster/

Mastermind tactics belt, with standard holster or clipdraw/zac. Picked one of these up just to see....I use it way more than I thought I would. Quick to throw on under a tshirt and riding on the waistband of shorts....grips the waistband, can be set to an exact fit, and gives use of a holster with no belt shorts/pants. I was pessimistic but it's a very handy option.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/covert-belt

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I use a Galco front pocket horsehide holster (made for the Ruger LCP) for my Kahr 380

it fits perfect , and is very thin and comfortable

another option , Don Hume pocket holster , very good quality leather , and can be made just for the Kahr

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I kinda fit in with Mackaysage,,
I try to carry the biggest fighting gun I can as much as possible.
I have taken to carrying a Glock 43 as my minimum, most of the time. I use a galco horsehide pocket holster that was for a j frame. I reformed it to fit the 43 or my 43/48 long slide. It carries surprisingly well in the front pocket of my Riggs work wear pants or shorts. Does not look at all like a gun in my pocket and is reasonably light.
With the Mag Guts plus 2s it holds 9 rounds total and still fits and is easily drawn.
Not necessarily the “best” solution, but one that is working very well for me.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I understand the reasoning and mentioned this before. If I am only in the little 350 person berg where I live my primary carry is a PPK. Always on me whether working in the yard or just sitting on the patio. A short trip to the farm store 11 miles away I may or may not change it out for a 26.
Going shopping in a big town of 50,000 with lots of illegals and scumbags it’s either the 26 with a spare 12 rounds or a 1911 and 2 mags. Going to an even bigger town of 250,000 it’s not uncommon to have the 1911 in a carjacker holster on my lap the 26 on my hip. The wife then carry’s a PX4, the PPK or both.

Swifty
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Those are cool little guns, but the manufacturer says they're not reliable till you've shot some number of hundreds of rounds through it, so keep that in mind.

For a pants pocket holster, check out Alabama holsters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Those are cool little guns, but the manufacturer says they're not reliable till you've shot some number of hundreds of rounds through it, so keep that in mind.

For a pants pocket holster, check out Alabama holsters.

Yep. The Kahr .380 is an interesting little pistol. I’ve only ever own one Kahr. It was the compact 9mm and it was reliable.
But that was over 20 years ago when there weren’t many options for a small pocket carry gun, other than a J Frame S&W snubnose.

Nowadays, the smallest handgun I carry for protection is either my Sig P-365 or my Springfield HellCat.
Both 9mm’s, of course, with 15 round mags.

I still carry a .380 as my BUG, but never as my primary Defense weapon. It’s the Ruger LCP Max in 380 loaded wit 12 rounds of the Buffalo Bore Hard Cast load.

I carried the old model LCP 380 for YEARS as my BUG. I always found them to be Uber reliable.
And IMO, it was better than a S&W J Frame with only 5 rounds of Ammo vs the LCP with 8 rounds of ammo.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/02/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blackhawk Techgrip pocket carry.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
For my 380 I have a hunter pocket holster but 99% of the time just use a kydex iwb.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A standard cycle jersey will hold a silly amount of ordinance.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek

Maser, Does that work well with your Airsoft gun ? 😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Slavek

Maser, Does that work well with your Airsoft gun ? 😂

😂

MGunns Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the recommendations. Alot gets lost in online communication. In no way am I touting the 380 as a superior or my first go to gun. Although, I wouldn't want to take a few to the gut, chest or head from a few feet.... I think about this situation often. Mostly I carry a springfield hellcat and it's plenty light and concealable. I'm 100 percent with most of the comments of why stake your life on a 7 rd 380. It's not ideal, but it's just reality ( for me) that in the summer at the beach in NC I'm slipping a very small pistol in my pocket to walk along the shops or a quick trip to foodlion for beer. So was asking what holster options others were using. There's no argument against carrying the ideal weapon. Heck, I'd carry my M1 Tanker and Glock 20 or 21 everywhere I went If feasible.

Mackay Sagebrush, I especially appreciate your feedback. I'm fixing to place an order. Not being funny, could you load some 380 that might be more suitable for defense than the factory fodder out there?

Thanks all

Mgunns

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
in Florida, it's shorts and tee shirts most of the year. There really isn't a way to carry a combat load out and stay within state rules for concealed carry. I went for many years with a J Frame in a Sam Andrews pocket holster. Last month, I picked up a Glock 43X. IWB carry does not work well for me. The larger butt on the 43X makes OWB not work with a tee shirt. Now trying the old Springfield XDS .45 more. Might have to just go with a dang fanny pack.

Sam......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Mastermind tactics belt, with standard holster or clipdraw/zac. Picked one of these up just to see....I use it way more than I thought I would. Quick to throw on under a tshirt and riding on the waistband of shorts....grips the waistband, can be set to an exact fit, and gives use of a holster with no belt shorts/pants. I was pessimistic but it's a very handy option.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/covert-belt

I'll put this up again. If you have a holster that works well for your normal carry gun/holster, this belt is a quick and easy way to carry it in the same holster in a belt-less short/pant. If a t-shirt works for cover with your normal holster it will work with this. The rubber strips on it grip and maintain fit/placement very, very well. As a bonus, it can be used to turn any OWB holster into an IWB.

I was pessimistic until I tried it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I use either a Desantis Nemesis or a Don Hume pocket holster with my LCP, which one depends on the pant pocket. Most of the time it is the Hume, who have a nice Labor Day sale going now.

https://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
in Florida, it's shorts and tee shirts most of the year. There really isn't a way to carry a combat load out and stay within state rules for concealed carry. I went for many years with a J Frame in a Sam Andrews pocket holster. Last month, I picked up a Glock 43X. IWB carry does not work well for me. The larger butt on the 43X makes OWB not work with a tee shirt. Now trying the old Springfield XDS .45 more. Might have to just go with a dang fanny pack.

Try a Sig 365, it's a lot smaller and is a great shooter. I was astonished with it's accuracy. It has so many variations there should be something there that will work

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.