Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
I played golf, she was the beer cart girl.

aww man, you win the internet today

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
She made the mistake of getting on the Stairmaster next to mine…..

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We grew up together and even rode the same school bus. I was a complete pain in the azz, so she hardly spoke to me until after we graduated.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I worked with her dad. He introduced us 40 years ago.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I was in a dancehall, her friend came around, told me her friend wanted to dance, so I went with her( figured fat girl), but she was very pretty. We are going to a dancehall right now. Been married 37 yrs

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I delivered supplies to her uncles paint and body shop. She was running the front office for him. Its been 44 years now.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
2nd one was knocked up 8 months in , buddy of mine asked me to do a double date with him and her sister
I laughed at him but he assured me she could cut a rug so I said WTH and we went to a fire hall dance , had a blast , me and my buddy drank a case of boones farm that night . That was when you could get 14%
Hooked up with her a few months later
Stayed together for 10 yrs , she got strung out on antidepressants and it got to be too much .
3rd one I don’t really remember , sure it had something to do with dope , good woman but then she got religious and became obsessed with it .
Last one I met at a local gun and bait shop , she was in the back dipping minnows , cold water had her nipples hard as a rock and I got to talking with her and left my buisness card about two years later I was setting on the crapper and my phone rings , didn’t recognize the number and answered .
It was her , casual hi’s and how ya been’s and she asked when I would like to get together .
I said when can we , she said he leaves at 5
Ok 5:15 I was there she opened the door invited me in and I sat in the living room she walks across the floor , turns and drops the robe , my jaw dropped open , I knew she was stacked but never imagined what was before my eyes .
Kind went red flag for second because she had always been strong with the I’m married line
I asked what are you doing ?
She laughed and said this what you wanted , right
I figured I’m in this deep and ain’t turning down a shot at this and went for it .
We been together 15 yrs now , it ain’t all been peach’s and cream , but it’s been pretty damned good
Kenneth

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I worked at a gas station when i was 19 pumping gas , she had a girl friend that lived up the road that she drove to see and hang out all the time . She probably stopped a dozen times then one night i was closing up she stopped and we sat and talked for 3-4 hrs. been together 34 years married 33 .

Last edited by colvin; 09/02/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was a coach for girls softball and she had a daughter that played on the team, she stole home when I told her not to. She was safe and scored a run, I was happy for the run but told her I was not happy about not listening to me that that was not a good trait, she told her mom and when she told her that I yelled at her for stealing home plate her mom came over and ask me why I was giving her daughter a hard time. I told her it was important for her to listen to the coach even if you don't agree with him, she said her lack of discipline was lack of a father figure. well that did not fall on deaf ears a few minutes later I had a date and the rest is history. Her mom said to her daughter which is now mine you listen to your coach from now on, she stormed away in a huff LOL that was 33 years ago.

Last edited by granitestate1; 09/02/23.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A nightclub. I was freshly divorced working on drilling rigs in the Geysers (geothermal steam) and had the night off and wanted to dance and drink.

She was freshly divorced and out for the evening with a married couple that was my landlord in the 1 bedroom house I rented. Also my mailman. They introduced us and when I asked her to dance and she said no. We'd been married for 37 years when she passed away earlier this year.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
A feed store New Year's Dance.
A few dances, she was mad at her Dad, I wound up taking her home.
68 miles - each way. In a blizzard.
I tell her the only guys who married her, or her sisters, were the guys who could find their way back a second time.
A bit of dirt road involved! laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
At McDonalds. Friend and I pulled in and he yelled at me to park next to the Mustang. Long story but he married one girl and was divorced in less than 6 months. I married the other girl 53 years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was writing for a show named Barnaby Jones, filmed at Goldwyn Studios in Hollywood. My future wife was an executive assistant to the executive producer of the show. I asked her to dinner and she accepted. We fell in love and later married. We had 43 years of a very good marriage before she became ill with Alzheimer's dementia and later died from the complications.

She was irreplaceable.

No "pickup line." I merely said, "Would you like to go to dinner?" Worked just fine. smile

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 09/02/23.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
After I got out of the barracks, my roommate’s GF had a GF and wanted to go to the Marine Corps Ball. They showed up the morning after our annual hog roast after a three day bender. I was not in the best of condition. After a pot of coffee, I stopped ignoring her and asked her, “What do you think of the name, Hunter, for our first son?”

We been together 16 years now and have two sons.

Semper Fi

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My best friend’s fiancé was best friends with her.
Both of us had ended engagements to other people about 6 months earlier.
They set us up on a blind date to go to a bowling and dinner event.m with them and a few other couples.
3 months later I proposed and 11 months later we were married. 44 years ago.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 09/02/23.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We knew each other in high school,at graduation we went our separate ways then 10 or so years later we both got stuck on jury duty. Two weeks later she showed up at my house and we have been together 35 years

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
honky tonk dancing... about 9 months later she asked me to marry her..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First week of college at a rush party. Couple of girls walk up drinking bottles of Boone's Farm and one just chunks her empty over her shoulder and hits another girl in the head. I saw that and was in love. Been 32 yrs of bliss so far. I don't stand behind her when she's drinking.

Last edited by Kodiakisland; 09/02/23.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Office nurse at a surgeon's office I delivered to.

Got to the office building door one morning the same time as her. I opened the door for her and asked "Going MY way ??" She looked me dead in the eyes and said, "I'd LIKE to be".

And the rest................as they say........is history........ 22 1/2 years and a couple kids later.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
At the Post Office.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 79 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,721
Posts18,494,661
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.