Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
T_O_M Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Any Albuquerque residents here?

I need to travel to Albuquerque mid-month for a wedding. I've been researching accommodations looking at places that are part of chains that are upper-middle of the road here. The reviews are flat out frightening, people getting robbed, cars stolen from the parking lots, blood stains on the carpets, just about everything that does not belong in a good night's sleep. What's the truth o' the matter? Suppose you had someone traveling there for work and you needed to make a good impression without breaking the bank .. where would you send them?

Thanks.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
GB4

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Only time I was there I stayed on Kirkland Air Force Base “as a visitor “. My son was stationed there. Rumor was Albuquerque has a reputation, founded or not. Just guessing, but close to the collage or airport would be the safest safe bets.

Last edited by Farming; 09/03/23.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Tamaya

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/n...nd-spa/tamay?src=corp_lclb_gmb_seo_tamay

Not far from me, has everything you need and you are removed from all the crap that is ABQ.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Muglia lives in that schit pile.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kirkland Air Force Base

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A short term rental in the EDo neighborhood.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Santa Fe

Seriously, get a VRBO/Airbnb there, and drive it for a day or two.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by T_O_M
...looking at places that are part of chains that are upper-middle of the road here. The reviews are flat out frightening, people getting robbed, cars stolen from the parking lots, blood stains on the carpets.

Wow just checked reviews on some ABQ hotels and it sounds bad.

Last edited by plumbum; 09/04/23.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I left Albuquerque many years ago because of the crime. Last time I stayed over night. We had motel on the extreme north end. No problems

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Stay close to Paisanos, there's never anyone there.
The only crime occurs at the register.

(probably wouldn't order the spaghetti) laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.....on IH40 and keep trucking!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Worth the drive to stay in Santa Fe

Think decorative wrought iron on home windows, and DUI checkpoints on main roads.

With any foresight the Trinity Test would have been done in downtown Abq.

Failure's always an option
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Albuquerque has been this way for a long time. Twenty-five years ago I went there to give a briefing at Kirkland. We got in the night before, and one of my colleagues decided to go for a drive after supper to see the community. He told us over breakfast that he was stopped at a red light when the driver's side window next to him disintegrated. He was contemplating this situation when a police car rolled up next to him and shouted through the open window, "go now!" They sped away, and he pulled over a few blocks up the street. The police car pulled up next to him again, and he told the officer "Officer I don't understand what just happened." The officer told him, "What just happened is your window was shot out, and what you need to understand is you don't belong here. Now go back to your hotel and stay there."

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Albuquerque has been this way for a long time. Twenty-five years ago I went there to give a briefing at Kirkland. We got in the night before, and one of my colleagues decided to go for a drive after supper to see the community. He told us over breakfast that he was stopped at a red light when the driver's side window next to him disintegrated. He was contemplating this situation when a police car rolled up next to him and shouted through the open window, "go now!" They sped away, and he pulled over a few blocks up the street. The police car pulled up next to him again, and he told the officer "Officer I don't understand what just happened." The officer told him, "What just happened is your window was shot out, and what you need to understand is you don't belong here. Now go back to your hotel and stay there."

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
know nothing of where to stay but I bet a lot of people on here can tell you we're NOT to eat

Last edited by ldholton; 09/04/23.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Used to frequent ABQ. It's bad, but there are definitely some redeeming qualities, the food being #1. Monroe's, Sadie's, Rudy's, and Dion's come to mind just off the top of my head. Yes, I am aware Dion's is a chain.

As of where to stay, I would stay outside the city.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve stayed at that Econo Lodge Old Town right next to Old Town Albuquerque many times. I’ve never had a problem there. Good location for me. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again either. At all.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It sounds like ABQ has gotten a lot worse than when I was there 20 plus years ago. At that time it was rundown with a lot of dope dealers and users, petty crimes and such but I didn’t consider it overly violent to someone that was minding their own business.
I walked around in some rougher neighborhoods without ever having any trouble. That’s something that I wouldn’t consider doing in Detroit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
I’ve stayed at that Econo Lodge Old Town right next to Old Town Albuquerque many times. I’ve never had a problem there. Good location for me. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again either. At all.
I’ve also stayed at an Econo Lodge in ABQ. I don’t remember if it was that one or another location. It was clean and safe and I’d recommend it to anyone assuming that it hasn’t changed too much since I was there in 2001.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I was just in Albuquerque for business two weeks ago and we stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was fine. The area isn’t terrible and close to the more “gentrified” downtown and universities. You’ll be fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 14idaho, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,226 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,990
Posts18,481,076
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.