Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by night_owl
Like they're telling a truth -- not just going through the motions.

Yeah. I would like to think that AI could never capture that but it probably will. Which makes me wonder about the nature of soul.

To me the fact that Ambrosia Borghi took the time and effort to make something like the clasping hands on his Berenice’s Tresses sculpture is an expression of soul that an AI could never duplicate. But who knows.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Yeah. I would like to think that AI could never capture that but it probably will. Which makes me wonder about the nature of soul.

To me the fact that Ambrosia Borghi took the time and effort to make something like the clasping hands on his Berenice’s Tresses sculpture is an expression of soul that an AI could never duplicate. But who knows.

That boy had some serious talent. It'll take AI a while to duplicate his art.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Making another Beatles song isn’t creative. Making truly new music is creative.

Hell, corporate music has killed creativity more than AI ever could

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Good example - there is deep soul in that work. A great work of the mid 19th C. Actually, he made all of Berenice look fabulous to me - even in her very sad moment - and the sweep/detail of those tresses seems well beyond AI creation.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
What happens when you get a call from what sounds like your wife, kids or grandkids and they are in distress. They request money or other. Do you ignore?

The implications are very scary. If you ignore only to find out later it was real, could destroy a man.

It would have to come from their phone number for me to even start to think its legit. Or an area code that makes sense. My son's never going to call me from Idaho for example. And for AI to work/create it - they would have to have voice recordings of my son/wife/grandkids to model off of. Unlikely.

Do they have Alexa in their home ?..... right, it listens, it answers, it can record.

Hell, I often get spam calls, which the caller ID identifies as coming from my little town of 1000 in no where Idaho. Sometimes I even get calls from myself. They can easily spoof the location and phone number of your loved ones.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What happens when you get a call from what sounds like your wife, kids or grandkids and they are in distress. They request money or other. Do you ignore?

The implications are very scary. If you ignore only to find out later it was real, could destroy a man.
A family needs a codeword. If the caller doesn't say it, you know the call is fake. As AI gets better, a codeword will be more and more difficult to keep secret, though, and will have to be changed regularly.

The movie industry has been saying for a few years that it's only a matter of time before AI and CGI get so good that they'll have major stars who exist only on computer discs and we won't be able to tell the difference. When that happens, those multi-million $ roles will be gone. It will also eliminate the very expensive stunt man business as their CGI stars will be able to do anything. Body doubles will be gone, too, as their CGI stars won't be a bit bashful.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Screw hollyweird! Reminds me of FBI International w/4 splittails and a cotton picker!

Grumpy-grumps,
I'm not surprised at the shallow response to a deep thread.
You think the "big machine" that's already prevalent in the world today is going to get weaker because of AI?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
- - - The movie industry has been saying for a few years that it's only a matter of time before AI and CGI get so good that they'll have major stars who exist only on computer discs and we won't be able to tell the difference. When that happens, those multi-million $ roles will be gone. It will also eliminate the very expensive stunt man business as their CGI stars will be able to do anything. Body doubles will be gone, too, as their CGI stars won't be a bit bashful.
Right - all of which clearly demonstrates the shallow fakery and absence of true creativity in most of the movie making business.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Right - all of which clearly demonstrates the shallow fakery and absence of true creativity in most of the movie making business.

Not that Hollywood isn't full of deceit, but those people thought their "creativity" was insulated against AI. They were cheering when they thought it would replace truck drivers. They aren't cheering any more.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Microsoft is claiming china is presently using AI with multiple social media accounts to sway the coming elections.

AI will soon affect just about every aspect of our lives. America is a rich target and people have no problem baring their lives to the www.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want to hear an AI re-created theme song for The Terminator.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whiptail
I want to hear an AI re-created theme song for The Terminator.

Well here it is....creepy!

(Verse 1)
In a world of steel and fire, where darkness reigns,
A relentless force emerges, unbound by chains,
It's the rise of the machines, a future unforeseen,
A tale of survival, where humanity convenes.

(Pre-Chorus)
In the shadows they lurk, with a cold, heartless glare,
But a hero will rise, with a soul brave and rare,
In the battle of fate, where the future is unknown,
A legend will be born, a seed of hope is sown.

(Chorus)
Terminator, relentless, in the heart of the storm,
In a world of chaos, a hero will transform,
With courage in their core, and a fire in their soul,
They'll fight for our survival, 'til the story is told.

(Verse 2)
Through the rubble and the ruins, where dreams have turned to dust,
In the face of Armageddon, they'll rise above the rust,
In the heart of the darkness, they'll find a guiding light,
A future worth protecting, through the never-ending fight.

(Pre-Chorus)
In the shadows they lurk, with a cold, heartless glare,
But a hero will rise, with a soul brave and rare,
In the battle of fate, where the future is unknown,
A legend will be born, a seed of hope is sown.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
The steel and circuits clash, in a symphony of war,
But the spirit of humanity will shine brighter than before,
In the darkest of hours, when all seems lost and gone,
A hero will rise, and they'll carry us along.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
In the annals of time, where legends are conceived,
The Terminator's theme, in our hearts will be believed,
A saga of resistance, in the face of the unknown,
A hero will rise, and humanity will have shown.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

It would have to come from their phone number for me to even start to think its legit. Or an area code that makes sense. My son's never going to call me from Idaho for example. And for AI to work/create it - they would have to have voice recordings of my son/wife/grandkids to model off of. Unlikely.

If they use cell phones, have a computer or an Ipad etc, it will be nothing to capture a voice. Ever call a place and get the 'All calls are recorded' message?

Spoofing numbers, like that's not done 8 zillion times a day.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

Do they have Alexa in their home ?..... right, it listens, it answers, it can record.

I personally have exactly zero family members with Alexa/google pods etc.

Perfect, get rid of the computer cameras also...think Snowden

I spent 3 years working at an NSA field site. I'm well aware of the "dangers".

How many years ago?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,178
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.