Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I am in the early stages of a 6mm ARC build. It has been quite some time since I built one from scratch. I am doing this because I wanted to build a left handed 6mm ARC. I have acquired the AERO precision lower, a lefty STAG upper and BCG for 6mm ARC, and I just placed the order for a faxon gunner barrel. I am not exactly seeing this rifle as being a "budget build" so I am looking at the "premium" parts.

I am looking at buffers and AERO has an enhanced buffer tube that is OD green that I like. Will this work on my standard mil-spec lower? I am just curious since their are enhanced uppers and the like, I dont want to waste time and money if this wont work on my lower. From what i have read it will work but I want to make sure

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Call Aero and ask them??

Looking like it should.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 09/08/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You've already missed the boat on the most important part of the gun that should be premium.........the barrel, with buying a less that mediocre Faxon.

MM

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Can't disagree on most important component being the barrel, if you come from the school that only accurate rifles are interesting. Better options to be had, IMHO.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I built a lower using anderson lower and spk, replaced the trigger with a velocity single stage, ordered a grendel hunter 6mm ARC upper, it runs flawless, any doubts use an adjustable gas block

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
You've already missed the boat on the most important part of the gun that should be premium.........the barrel, with buying a less that mediocre Faxon.

MM
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Can't disagree on most important component being the barrel, if you come from the school that only accurate rifles are interesting. Better options to be had, IMHO.

Didn't ask for opinions on my barrel choice, I asked for advice on whether the buffer tube will work.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Nevermind, went a different route. I went with the Smoke Composites carbon fiber stock. Also did the carbon fiber handguard so this rifle should be extra lightweight

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403

MM
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

Didn't ask for opinions on my barrel choice, I asked for advice on whether the buffer tube will work.

Not advice, just a statement; guess you have a different perspective of what constitutes "premium parts" than some.

But rock on.........LOL

MM

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

MM
I've only played with examples of two but Faxon barrels have been pretty good to me..
but I consider a AR that will shoot a consistent moa good enough for me..

Bear Creek on the other hand..... has not been so good to me others seem to get along with them..

Last edited by ldholton; 09/13/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

MM

Always amazes me to what length people will go to save a couple dollars..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (21, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 59 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,814
Posts18,477,637
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.