Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyosteve
Seems like this one is on the buyer. Seller's ad seems to indicate he had no knowledge of condition or operation since they came from wife's grandfather's estate. He didn't represent them to be anything other than make/model. To me, they were purchased 'as is'.

I would agree up to the point the seller got back to him offering a way to make it right then didn't follow through and ghosted him. That part isn't cool

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
What is the procedure for settling a dispute for a defective firearm purchased from the classified section of this site?
It's no help to you but my method, assuming I am the seller is, if the buyer's not happy upon receipt, they ship it back on their dime an I give them a full refund.

Originally Posted by gdc2
Its a sad day when you cant trust someone with thousands of posts.
Not to pick a fight gdc2; but, post count doesn't mean squat. Some of the biggest A-holes on this forum have some of the highest post counts and I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw then. Some of the best guys on the forum have the highest post counts also. Post count doesn't mean squat without looking into the nature of their posts. Here's where I climb off of my high horse and do my Homer Simpson back into the bushes with my apologies to my fellow A-holes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Here is the actual ad:

I have a couple guns that were left when my wife’s grandfather passed away a few months back. Just looking to part with them. I honestly don’t know what they are worth so if my prices are to high please let me know through a pm. No need to blow up the post. Just looking to sell them and get what they might be worth.
#1 A break action 12 gauge made by Springfield J Stevens Company. Gun is in ok shape asking $165.00 shipped
#2 A 12 gauge pump shotgun.500k Mossburg takes 2 3/4. Not in bad shape. Asking $235.00 shipped.
If anyone wants pictures please pm me. If anyone know about these and me price is high please pm me

He stated he didn't know their worth.
He stated the break open was in ok shape.
He stated the pump was not in bad shape.
He never stated he didn't know about the guns. He just didn't know about the pricing.

Is there anyone here who does not check out a new to them firearm? We know the guns are in need of TLC. The pump is up and running. Sounds like the Stevens may need the chamber cleaned out and the extractor oiled up and freed if stuck. Maybe the extractor will work then.

There is no way I would have sold these guns without mentioning these problems and now he is ignoring the OP. Not a good way to run your business.

Jim
Fairly reasonable.

But, I can't imagine wanting that crap. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
For fugks sake, it’s Friday. It’s a couple ole beater guns. OP should do a more thorough job and possibly buyer may ask questions next time.

I'm with this guy.

You buy old beater guns, ol' beater guns come with ol' beater gun problems.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Look at the sellers history.
A real Classified Cowbow.

Paged through over a dozen pages of his history going way back.
Not a single post outside the classifieds, not even his first.

That's not reason for a noose, but It carries a certain smell.

This^ "Grandpa's guns" was just a crooked sales pitch.

Surprising what gets a pass on "the fire" and what gets flamed. Crooks, liars and cheats should draw more ire than they do here.

Last edited by Halvin; 09/09/23.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Technoman26
There are always multiple takes on a story. I know this seller (Winchester88) and have let him know what's going on here. He's a good guy so if everyone would not hop on the pile and give him a chance to make this right or deal with/get in touch with the buyer I'm sure it will get sorted out.

There’s not much to say. He never said they function. He inherited them. He wants them gone. I don’t know the PM’s back and forth, but if the direct questions weren’t asked then he’s really at no fault. I think a small money deal is easy to not asking direct questions and not worry….until it is. Bummer but the seller should either say as is and I’m not fixing, have a nice day or take em back. One or the other. I learned a lesson here a long time ago that didn’t go public, but it pissed me off.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
What ever happened to the 3 day inspection period that used to be standard ?

Hang on tight !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pyscodog
What I would do........just find a gunsmith and get them repaired. IMO, you got them both fairly reasonable, not a steal but fair. Its pretty obvious the seller isn't gonna be any help. May as well suck it up and get them fixed and just live with it. Don't mean to sound like a jerk but you don't have a lot of options.

I agree, this is the best advice..........

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by leemar28
Shipping prices and more FFLs refusing to accept from non-FFLs (AKA more fees per transaction) make this a more expensive proposition than it used to be...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Halvin

Surprising what gets a pass on "the fire" and what gets flamed. Crooks, liars and cheats should draw more ire than they do here.

My man with 17 posts and 2 months in the saddle wants to ride into town and play the classifieds sheriff. crazy

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
First guy should have said “ Don’t know if they work”
Second guy should have asked” Do they work”.
Neither one did and first guy made it right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by leemar28

Here's what I tell people when I advertise a gun for sale.........examine it as soon as you get it, immediately, and if you find something that I misrepresented about the gun, in other words that I was not truthful about, then tell me that you don't want it, put it back in the box and send it back to me and I'll refund you your money. But, if you get the gun and there's nothing wrong with it, and then you decide that you just don't want it for whatever the reason, then sorry, I won't take it back.

I don't like letting someone that I don't know take a gun I sold them, keep it for 3 days or even more, shoot it and do whatever they want to to it, then say they want their money back. I know people who have done just that.

Last edited by JamesJr; 09/09/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rooterpig
First guy should have said “ Don’t know if they work”
Second guy should have asked” Do they work”.
Neither one did and first guy made it right.

This was my thoughts as well. There are clues in the listing that would have made me ask a bunch of questions if I were interested. They were cheap guns. They break. Fix'em and move on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once the ffl transfer paperwork is done , it is yours. Examine it closely before filling out the paperwork.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Once the ffl transfer paperwork is done , it is yours. Examine it closely before filling out the paperwork.
Off to IGNORE for you

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
For fugks sake, it’s Friday. It’s a couple ole beater guns. OP should do a more thorough job and possibly buyer may ask questions next time.

I'm with this guy.

+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

🤣🤣

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
What is the procedure for settling a dispute for a defective firearm purchased from the classified section of this site?
It's no help to you but my method, assuming I am the seller is, if the buyer's not happy upon receipt, they ship it back on their dime an I give them a full refund.

Originally Posted by gdc2
Its a sad day when you cant trust someone with thousands of posts.
Not to pick a fight gdc2; but, post count doesn't mean squat. Some of the biggest A-holes on this forum have some of the highest post counts and I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw then. Some of the best guys on the forum have the highest post counts also. Post count doesn't mean squat without looking into the nature of their posts. Here's where I climb off of my high horse and do my Homer Simpson back into the bushes with my apologies to my fellow A-holes.

No fight here, I agree totally with what you said, what I did not like was the drop off in communication prior to this thread. Not a big deal but I feel we are fortunate to have such an active classieds section and would not want anything to jepordise that.

Last edited by gdc2; 09/09/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Caveat Emptor

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Halvin

My man with 17 posts and 2 months in the saddle wants to ride into town and play the classifieds sheriff. crazy

I'm certain it's someone's sock puppet.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, B52RadarNav, 35, 9 invisible), 1,429 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,253
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.