Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
It's not the money issue at all, I just don't want the clutter. I am covered up in stuff with no way to move it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlackBranchFarm
It's not the money issue at all, I just don't want the clutter. I am covered up in stuff with no way to move it.

I have stuff standing in corners myself; stuff that I didn’t like as much as I thought or didn’t really think through before buying. Advertising locally has mostly been a bust due I think, to the economy. I’ve also been making some adjustments based on my age and the types shooting I’m doing. I just discovered a local shop in a good location that consigns for 10%, so I took a couple down there to try them out. There’s a risk in that however, unless I avert my eyes from the racks and shelves………

I have passed some nice ones on to my sons, but they’re pretty full now too.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I have stuff standing in corners myself; stuff that I didn’t like as much as I thought or didn’t really think through before buying. Advertising locally has mostly been a bust due I think, to the economy. I’ve also been making some adjustments based on my age and the types shooting I’m doing. I just discovered a local shop in a good location that consigns for 10%, so I took a couple down there to try them out. There’s a risk in that however, unless I avert my eyes from the racks and shelves………

I have passed some nice ones on to my sons, but they’re pretty full now too.

I may end up doing the same thing. The only really good store we have is about 2 hours away from me, so I don't go there often. I might need to though. They could likely sell small things like Glocks and ARs, but I am worried that the higher priced items like a Kimber Super America might be a lost cause. Don't want it to sit on the rack for years.

Maybe you guys would have a better idea of specific prices. My diamondback has a medium weight 18 inch barrel, I thought it was a match barrel but it may not be. It has a compensator, Magpul stock and grip, and free float handguard. Comes with sights and scope base. It originally had a CMC 3 lb trigger, but that was replaced with a mil spec. What is it worth? I have it priced at 500$, but not takers. I gave 1000$ for it about six months ago.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
BBF, your AR15 isnt eating anything, so I would just sit it aside and more than likely the prices will go crazy in a year or two

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There is some wisdom in the that post. Remember when off brand AR's and Wasr 10/63 AK's were $3k during the magic negro's time?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can always tape a sign to it and walk around a gunshot.
Just don't take more than $50 cash or any plastic!
And leave immediately on selling!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I cannot believe that you cannot sell it for $500 in NEW Condition. The economy must be worse that I thought.
I work part time in the local hardware store. We can see a slowdown in sales the last week of the month.
My advice is to keep it. Sooner or later you will either have need for it again, or find a home for it.
I have been shooting Trap off and on for 50 years. Twenty some years ago I picked up the wife and I a pair of Remington 870 Trap Shotguns. I quit shooting now and again, but I keep the Trap Guns. I even added a Browning Pump to the herd.

Bob R

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Tried trading a Diamondback AR, don't remember the model but it was made for 3gun, at the shop I bought it from was told they no longer take ARs in trade. The largest gunshop in the state says the same. What's up with this? What do I do with it? Wife says we compete in enough so no 3gun for us, so it needs a new home. Just not sure how. I lost my butt the last time I used gunbroker so I don't know where else to turn. Shipping rifles is hard too, ups store freaks out if you ask them to make a box.

The gun stores I frequent are absolutely saturated with used ARs and used Glocks people are getting rid of. It's often stuff that was panic-bought so purchased at elevated prices. Even if yours wasn't, that's the market you're trying to sell into. When the market is saturated, supply is very high, demand very low, you're going to lose your butt selling. You might be ahead to hold onto that gun for a while and see if the market improves .. that, or just accept that you are going to take it in the shorts again.

I'm sure that isn't what you want to hear but it is truth.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Some of you guys buy and sell guns like you change underwear.

You are right, and I have to quit doing it. Problem is I no longer have a use for this or several others, and if you are not using them they are just clutter. None of the living relatives want any of my firearms or those of my late father, and if you can't sell them, what do you do with them? If it wasn't for the legal liability I would likely take them to my gunclub and give them away. I like to help young people get started.

If you are actually serious about giving them away, why are you worried about taking it in the shorts via Gunbroker? Those perspectives seem .. inconsistent.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Some of you guys buy and sell guns like you change underwear.

You are right, and I have to quit doing it. Problem is I no longer have a use for this or several others, and if you are not using them they are just clutter. None of the living relatives want any of my firearms or those of my late father, and if you can't sell them, what do you do with them? If it wasn't for the legal liability I would likely take them to my gunclub and give them away. I like to help young people get started.

You could donate the rifle to the gun club for a raffle item - or other event - NWTF, Hunters for the Hungry, Ducks Unlimited, etc.

The other option is to separate the upper and lower - selling the upper is not a transfer item in most areas, you might do all right if it was set up well for 3-gun matches.

The lower can be dealt with when you have a buyer.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1moredeer, 160user, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,801
Posts18,516,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.