Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ky221
New scope shopping for a 308 I recently had spun up.

I always find it daunting because it seems there's something new out everyday.

Uses are paper punching, steel and egg shoots. 500 and in.

FFP or SFP doesn't matter
Zero stop preferred
No less than 25x
Reliable tracking

Budget- 1500$
Anything? Up the budget? Fire away.

I use a NightForce NXS 2-10 x42 Something like that. Too many to keep track off.
This scope is a true gem. I'm looking for another. I think you would be most happy with it.
If you can find a new one, the hunting gods are shining on you.
Hunting scope I like 2nd FP

Last edited by Spartacus; 09/15/23.

Texas
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never cared for the 6.5-20's,whether 1" or 30mm,mainly because they are tender pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

505yd eggs via T-16 FCH. Hint.

Said Egg Rifle. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Mark 4 M5 A2 has a 34mm tube

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Besides the 2... 2.5-10 x32 , 1.. 2.5-10x42 NXS . I also have 1 .. 3.5-15x50 and a 5.5-22x50 NXS. With the summer heat, humidity and mirage the 15x is about perfect for me shooting critters and steel. The 22x power is really nice when conditions are right. Reticles on the NXS are very fine and don't cover much target. Can't comment on eggs however.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I have lots of 34mm scopes,but hadn't commented nor pictured any(yet). Hint.

As to Reupold's version(s),they are an easy pass. Hint.

To be fair,NightFarce has come a loooonngggggg ways with their reticles,but I don't SFP and have something called "weather" and can't do zoom selectors which rearrange flip-up caps. Erector travel is often rather trite,as mentioned. Hint.

OP's rifle sounds like my 'Rock 308. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

K
Ky221 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I see the NXS 5.5-22x50 is advertising 100moa of elevation. Likely way more than I'd ever need. It's 3x under what I'd prefer on the magnification, but could be a contender.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I have lots of 34mm scopes,but hadn't commented nor pictured any(yet). Hint.

As to Reupold's version(s),they are an easy pass. Hint.

To be fair,NightFarce has come a loooonngggggg ways with their reticles,but I don't SFP and have something called "weather" and can't do zoom selectors which rearrange flip-up caps. Erector travel is often rather trite,as mentioned. Hint................

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You really should go show those do nothing losers how to shoot.

Wait, you're about buying chi-com crap, staging pics, and authentic frontier gibberish, NOT actually shooting on the clock under pressure.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm afforded the luxuries of not being forced to guess. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again, you're all blow and no show. You're fat and couldn't put your "amazing" collection to any real hard use due to an acute lack of cardio and a large excess of chin. There's a certain irony on knowing your gear can take more abuse than your fat midget body though.....

You repeat the same BS advice over and over, and it's all stuff people knew decades ago.

You live in a place with endless hunting opportunities, yet you shoot dinks, and I've yet to see a big mountain goat, but, again, that hunting takes physical fitness, not shooting from a boat, so it's out of your comfort zone.

But, hey, keep posting pics from the 80's, buying stuff, and acting like people GAS about your mail.

Maybe buy a few quality scopes and really shoot instead of staging your gear for glamour shots and plinking at rocks.

Or, take a trip and show the "do nothing" crowd how it's done.

You could put Arken on the list.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Oh, and GFY

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Please keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Brokedick Window Licking Insecurities,as you greedily read my EVERY word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel while you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/18489356/1]Hurt Feeler Reports Get Filed HERE[/url]

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Emoji's and Stolen Pictures are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",although you couldn't even begin to speak in the first hand with wares that exist. Hint.

Pardon The Splendor. Hint.

Your HILARIOUS Vagina Monologue on the Sweet "Satisfactions" that are your's,being stuck on the outside and DESPERATELY looking in,is funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post a pic from today of your 5-chin having fat ass.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

GFY loser

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Emoji's and Stolen Pictures are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",although you couldn't even begin to speak in the first hand with wares that exist. Hint.

Remember when you said I was an idiot for putting a fixed 10x on a 50bmg? I do. It was back in your "Leupold are the best" days

GFY fatass

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
To be fair,NightFarce has come a loooonngggggg ways with their reticles,but I don't SFP and have something called "weather" and can't do zoom selectors which rearrange flip-up caps. .

If I could change one thing about the NF NXS , it would be the eye piece/power selector for running flipp-up caps. That said ... I don't have nearly the rain SE AK has. If the weather is rather wet ,I just run scope coats .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
To be fair,NightFarce has come a loooonngggggg ways with their reticles,but I don't SFP and have something called "weather" and can't do zoom selectors which rearrange flip-up caps. .

If I could change one thing about the NF NXS , it would be the eye piece/power selector for running flipp-up caps. That said ... I don't have nearly the rain SE AK has. If the weather is rather wet ,I just run scope coats .

NightFarce tries,but misses mightily,on the average. Hint.

ScopeCoats are a Goat Fhuqk. Hint...................

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
For that money, an Athlon Cronus BTR 2 4.5-29x can be had, the glass is great, and you have a few reticles to pick.

Enough already, just shoot it!
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
No chance I'll be in SE AK this coming week, but thanks for the weather report !

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
has Big Stick ever contributed valuable anything to a discussion?

My cousin recently picked up a Nightforce, after I took a view through it, seemed to be just fine optics wise, it was a 16x model, so not quite what OP is looking for but just scoping around known landscapes between 100-1000y or so, it seemed very good. And while I can't recall the exact model, Swarovski, not being a scope expert, I don't know if they have the other features you want - but glass on them is amazing. Zeiss as well.

H&R Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqJrMvZZK
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aether_tech
has Big Stick ever contributed valuable anything to a discussion?

He a great reminder that you really need to do some cardio and put down the Cheetos or you'll end up with multiple chins and won't be able to walk uphill without wheezing. 😉

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Everytime I see someone quote him, it reminds me how glad I am to have blocked him long ago.

H&R Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqJrMvZZK
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by aether_tech
Everytime I see someone quote him, it reminds me how glad I am to have blocked him long ago.

I put him on ignore years ago and am happier for it. Life is too short to invest time in him.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (204guy, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 48 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,972
Posts18,499,393
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.