Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
whiny Ckarksville subdivisionites don’t want the traffic, TDOT dragging their feet on exit, intersection improvements.

🥲😭😭😭

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — “I like Buc-ee’s. I love Buc-ee’s, but I don’t want a tourist attraction in my backyard,” Lori Bristol said.

Luckily for Bristol, her backyard will continue to remain Buc-ee’s free.

Back in December 2022, it was announced that a new Buc-ee’s would be built just off Exit 1 in Clarksville.

PREVIOUS: Buc-ee’s withdraws plans for Clarksville location
Bristol lives off Tylertown Road and said traffic in the area is already a big concern.

“It’s gotten really busy,” she said. “It’s hard to make a turn out of the neighborhood already even. Constantly there’s accidents (with) people trying to get out of the neighborhood.”

In June she launched a petition sharing her concerns.

“Of all the exits in Clarksville, this is the busiest, and it’s more residential than the other ones,” said Bristol.

On Thursday, Buc-ee’s officially pulled its site review because it could not come to terms with the Tennessee Department of Transportation in regards to traffic improvements.

“I was looking forward to Buc-ee’s coming to Clarksville,” said council woman Keri Lovato.

The gas station chain would have been built in Lovato’s district.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Selfish residents, always about them.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Shìt.

Buckies looks like a good time.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Buc-ee’s. We don’t have them here but I look forward to them when I’m in the South. Great marketing and giving the consumer what they want IMO.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No idea what that [bleep] is. But I’m all for residents having say in stuff.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds to me like Buc-ee's didn't want to shell out the coin to cover the improvements necessary. Prolly expected TNDOT and the City to cover all that for the "benefits" a Buc-ee's would bring.

Just like a Walmarks brings all them part time, low wage jobs and tax dollars to the community so the City should pay for the traffic controls and left turn lanes an scheidt. Then they do away with the jobs and put in them dang self checkout lanes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Same precious homeowners are ok with a 200 acre salvage yard, car crusher, recycle site kitty corner across from the Bucees site and a truss plant, KOA shîtsville campground, 20 plex theater, triple school complex and a dozen fast food joints all at the same exit.

They just don’t want any Tourons

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
They tried that in Denton and Buc-ee's prevailed. First one I have seen put in "town" rather on the edge of town and it has been a great deal for our sales tax revenue. All the bitching an moaning by the residents turned out to be wrong. It hasn't caused any trouble and they are one of the better businesses in our community.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wouldn't want one of those zoos near my house. They have cheap gas, but nothing else is cheap. I can barely stand to walk through one to use the can and get out. They need to be far away from neighborhoods and traffic bottlenecks.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Sounds to me like Buc-ee's didn't want to shell out the coin to cover the improvements necessary. Prolly expected TNDOT and the City to cover all that for the "benefits" a Buc-ee's would bring.

Just like a Walmarks brings all them part time, low wage jobs and tax dollars to the community so the City should pay for the traffic controls and left turn lanes an scheidt. Then they do away with the jobs and put in them dang self checkout lanes.

TDOT will SOON have to make i-24 three lanes from the state line all the way to Nashville. The interstate traffic is a daily 25mph crawl

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Same precious homeowners are ok with a 200 acre salvage yard, car crusher, recycle site kitty corner across from the Bucees site and a truss plant, KOA shîtsville campground, 20 plex theater, triple school complex and a dozen fast food joints all at the same exit.

I defer to your local knowledge.

But personally I detest tourons. Wtf is a buccees anyway?

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And what's wrong with that?

You want some? I send some Burners your way. Maybe start a "Burning Woman" in TN, get you folks some Floridians and Michigander hippie types come through Clarksvegas , boost your economy some.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

TDOT will SOON have to make i-24 three lanes from the state line all the way to Nashville. The interstate traffic is a daily 25mph crawl
I just love going where there are freeways in this State.

Especially south of, lets say Willows.

25 mph on a road designed for 65mph+ just chaps my ass.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That franchise will happily just move down the road a smidgen

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
These infrastructure challenges are under the surface too. A network of area Lift Stations and miles of forcemain support the bloated subdivision farms out there.

8 years ago, the city engineer’s dept via planning commission had a $10,000 utility permitting fee to force contractors to boot in the multimillion dollar upgrades for the capacity on the lift stations and wet wells. That got passed onto the home buyers. But as typical Clarksville, screw the military philosophy, there will be a new crop in here in 2-3 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

160 pump gas station with a jerky deli counter, camo t shirts, gun cases, University of Texas gear, fire pit ring and Beaver Nuggets.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

200 gas pumps, 50,000 square of carnival treats, grills, outdoor furniture, camping, deer gear, feeders, brisket, subs, sandwiches, lodge cookware, touristy gifts catered to the local area the store is in.

It’s hard to label

It’s an experience

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Damn

Thanks guys, I'll pass.

MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I see by the help wanted signs in the windows that they pay quite a bit better than the competition.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
We’re getting one literally 2 miles from my house.
Absolutely retarded.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (257_X_50, 6MMWASP, 907brass, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, AKislander, 7 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 762 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,078
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.