Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Single action 44 mag.

Phil

Hey, let's vote to save one Chile. We can end this 2A insanity, can't we. All we have to do is vote dimocommie with you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
THESE ARE MY PRIMARYS. i HAVE SIMILAR BATTERYS IN THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND IN THE DAYLIGHT BASEMENT PLUS MY CCW.

DOG - LABRADOR-BLACK 1EA

PISTOL BEDROOM - GLOCK 9MM OF SOME SORT. FOR NIGHT STAND DUTY A G-43X WITH A LIGHT AND RED DOT.

AR-15 BEDROOM - 16 IN .223 WYLDE WITH LEUPOLD 1-4 VPO, LIGHT, X-MAG, SLING.

SHOTGUN BEDROOM - 870 WINGMASTER 12 GA, 21 IN RS, REM CHOKE BBL, LIGHT , SLING, AMMO CUFF. i USE THIS ONE BECAUSE MY ONLY OTHER USE FOR IT IS CLAY GAMES. iT ALLOWS ME TO AVOID USING/NOT USING A PLUG.
WHEN I GET BACK A BARREL AND LOAD CHANGE AND I AM READY TO GO.

i AM GOING TO GET A DEDICATED DEFENSIVE SHOTGUN THIS YEAR. i HAVE CHOSEN A BERETTA 1301 GEN II TACTICAL. iT WILL GET A DIFFERENT REARSIGHT/OPTIC BASE, A FRONT SLING LIGHT BASE, A TRITIUM FRONT SIGHT, TRIGGER JOB, SLING , RED DOT AND LIGHT, AND SOME VELCROED DETACHABLE AMMO SLEEVES.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm "Ready for Freddy," at all times.

Don't Tread On me!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It is all ways a good idea to let those sweet little Indians know your defense before they raid.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM
A Ruger PC-9 and a S&W M&P 9 M2.0. All of my shotguns are SxS's so I may look into something there.

Beretta if you go that route.

AR for the win.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by memtb
We have no firearms or security measures..…we rely on signs placed around the house perimeter stating, “No Criminal Activities Allowed”! That seems to work quite well in “Blue States”! 😉 memtb
Reminds me of English Bob when he and his friend were asked by a deputy if they were carrying any firearms. Bob said, "Rather, we trust in the goodwill of our fellow man and the forbearance of reptiles."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
Since the "Is 380 enough", "semiauto vs pump", "Buckshot vs birdshot vs 5.56 vs slug" debates I realize there's no clear choice for everyone. For home defense I have a Mossberg 500 with an 18" barrel loaded with Federal mini #4 buckshot and a Maverick 88 20" loaded with Federal LE low recoil 00 buckshot, both ("cruiser ready). I have a 4" stainless Rossi 357 mag loaded with 357 110gr HPs handy. I sleep with my S&W M&P 2.0 9mm next to me. There's only me and my wife at home and one small dog. We set the alarm at night. I have hardened the exterior doors.

Bushmaster M4’gery
Glock 19X

I live in the country and the long gun choice has as much to do with 4-legged predators as 2. Much less so now that we don’t have chickens… but that Bushy has ruined some raccoon and possums whole days.

The 19X was an impulse buy, but I love it. With that said if I was doing it again, and was just gonna have the one Glock in this configuration, I’d get a G45, which is almost identical.

I’m looking at a new controller for the Claymores but the current setup is certainly adequate.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Since the "Is 380 enough", "semiauto vs pump", "Buckshot vs birdshot vs 5.56 vs slug" debates I realize there's no clear choice for everyone. For home defense I have a Mossberg 500 with an 18" barrel loaded with Federal mini #4 buckshot and a Maverick 88 20" loaded with Federal LE low recoil 00 buckshot, both ("cruiser ready). I have a 4" stainless Rossi 357 mag loaded with 357 110gr HPs handy. I sleep with my S&W M&P 2.0 9mm next to me. There's only me and my wife at home and one small dog. We set the alarm at night. I have hardened the exterior doors.

Bushmaster M4’gery
Glock 19X

I live in the country and the long gun choice has as much to do with 4-legged predators as 2. Much less so now that we don’t have chickens… but that Bushy has ruined some raccoon and possums whole days.

The 19X was an impulse buy, but I love it. With that said if I was doing it again, and was just gonna have the one Glock in this configuration, I’d get a G45, which is almost identical.

I’m looking at a new controller for the Claymores but the current setup is certainly adequate.

You couldn't defend your own ass from a d I l d o assault.

LOL

Just STFU.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
S&W 60, hellcat, HK USP9 and a Glock 19 with Trijicon RMR all loaded in the night stand. Not particularly for defense, just never saw the point of an unloaded handgun.
Browning A-Bolt .22WMR by the bedroom door to the deck and a Kimber Montana .223 by the kitchen door to the deck, both for garden defense.
Loaded Encore 209/50 next to the .22WMR mainly because I didn’t fire a shot last muzzy season and that’s where I sat it when I came home 10 months ago (been busy).

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Bushmaster M4’gery
Glock 19X

You couldn't defend your own ass from a d I l d o assault.

LOL

Just STFU.

Like he’d try to ward off that attack

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I carry a Sig P365 Macro in the Summer months and a Walther PDP-F in the colder months where I have bulkier cover garments. For home I have an 11-87 20 ga. loaded with BB and a 9mm PCC with a 40 round mag full of hollow points in my bedroom.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Single action 44 mag.

Phil

I’d pay money to see your version of “shooting.”

LOL

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pard what kind of neighborhood you live in??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couple ninja stars, and sex floggers.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
For shooting in a dark house with the lights off, I would much rather have this than a handgun. I do have a 357 wheel gun in the bedroom though.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't even worked up enough fear to lock my doors, let alone arm myself.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kenster99
Savage 101, 22single shot pistol, with a # 12 birdshot load .

Yeah. Right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Bird shot will do #4 turkey load centered on the head. Better yet just shoot ‘em in the face if possible @ 20 ft it doesn’t spread much. 🤣

When I was a paramedic I worked 14 cases of an "inside-the-house" shotgun wound. Distance of 12 to 15 feet. Every case involved birdshot, usually #8 or #6. One shot only, to the abdomen or the chest.
Every one of these patients went to the morgue. However, a few were alive when we arrived at the ER. Only had one who made it upstairs to the OR.

The wound at that range is about a jagged 1 1/4 inches wide. We called it a "rat hole."

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
9mm, 223 and 12 ga

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Benelli M4 with a Leupold Delta Point fully loaded, safety on, with #4 buck.

M&P 2.0 45c on my side, Glock 19 on her side, both with Federal HST+p

Linus, our half breed poodle/beagle, is our secondary alarm after the primary alarm system.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 70 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,076
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.