Hop To
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Here it comes. There will be many, many more of these, all around America, because frankly, any reasonable reading of the 14th Sec3 leads to the conclusion that Trump is DQ’d.

But, of course, it remains to be seen what SCOTUS thinks, and they do bat last on this one. It’ll be relatively soon (for a SCOTUS ruling) because otherwise Trump won’t be on primary ballots.

A lawyer from Palm Beach County has filed one of the first legal challenges to disqualify Donald Trump from the 2024 presidential race under a clause in the U.S. Constitution's 14th Amendment.
Boynton Beach tax attorney Lawrence Caplan filed the challenge in federal court in the Southern District of Florida citing the amendment's "disqualification clause" for those who engage in insurrections and rebellion against the United States. The amendment was ratified in 1868 after the Civil War, during Reconstruction, and also addressed the citizenship status of freed slaves and the re-integration of the defeated Confederate states back into the Union.
Trump has not been charged with insurrection or rebellion. Try again.

And Jell-O is too stupid to figure out why.

Patriots Are In Control and running the show. The people are learning the truth about the POS dimocraps and their traitorus DNC. What's coming? Voter ID.

As Q said, "Trust the Plan". "The left can't win", and NothingCanStopWhatIsComing. .

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
“This involved a situation where the states had already made the official and authoritative determination as to who won in those states and they sent the votes and certified them to Congress,” [Barr] said. “The allegation, essentially, by the government is that at that point, the president conspired, entered into a plan, a scheme, that involved a lot of deceit, the object of which was to erase those votes, to nullify those lawful votes.”
What do you expect the Bolsheviks to put in the charges? It's total BS. Anyone with half a brain sees right through it. I think even they know it's BS. That you don't is pretty sad.

What Pinocchio does not realize is that the Dems are playing a game of election interference. Damn is he slow witted.

Just as Trump and the Patriots suckered them into doing so Trump could, as he's now doing, educate the People as to what treasonous Election Interference is.

Trump is leading the people from Dark to Light and we are privileged to watch the Great Awakening that will lead the people out of the Swamps Matrix box.

Friend Jag, if he can show PROOF that there was the massive, top-down, multistate election fraud that he alleges (aka “releasing the kraken”) then what you want to happen could in fact happen.

The problem is he can’t. Because it didn’t happen. So he won’t. And so, friend Jag, he will very likely be convicted by multiple juries comprised of citizens, like any other American, and sent to prison for his crimes, along with a whole bunch of his cronies.

We do agree, you and I, that’s it’s awesome that he will get his chance to prove what he says in court. I’m trying to help you understand that things have not, and will not, go the way you think they will. I worry for your and many other’s mental health in the coming months. I do believe I’m actually helping you, and them, by forcing you to water, whether you choose to drink or not.

As pertains to this particular thread, we will find out sooner rather than later if he can even run for so much as dogcatcher again. The 14th Section 3 is right there in the Constitution. Remember that? Y’all used to call yourself Constitutional originalists. The text is plain as can be. We shall see.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Trump wins in 2024.

Trump won in 2020. Working in concert with foreign actors to overthrow the US Govt or head of the US Govt is Subversion and perpetrators of such are, according to Trump, guilty of treason which carries the death penalty.

That means trial in GITMO since Trump declared war against those who perpetrated the Insurrection on Nov 3rd 2020 after our country was attacked. Trump had already switched the US to Maritime Law on Sept 12, 2018 and Federalized the National Guard and put them to work around the world.

Trump declared war on Dec 8, 2020.

On Jan 7 after Pence did as directed and did not send the swing states fraudulent election results back to their respective State Republican House legislators he Instituted the Insurrection Act since all 3 branches had failed in their Constitutional Duty.

As Trump told in a live interview we almost lost the country and would have if he had not enacted some Constitutional legalities on January 18, 2020. What he did was Instituted Devolution of Power to the Military after a successful coup for Continuance of Governance under belligerent enemy actors.

There is a reason a stand in for Biden took the oath of office illegally before 12 noon as required by law.
There is a reason the coronation of the fake Joe Biden got a 3 canon 12 or so gun slow fire salute with the Canon at Arlington Cemetery and didn't get Hail to the Chief played for him.

Go to C- span or CNN and watch the Military play out the funeral ceremony for the real Joe Biden.

There is a reason none of the Residents appointments have not taken the federally required oath of office.

There is a reason Trump says Joe Biden is a different guy and that Joe Biden doesn't know if he's alive or dead and why a few days ago Killery was ugly but now she's beautiful.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I Dindo Nuffin
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
There’s a reason you think all that crazy stuff, jag. It has to do with the avoidance of cognitive dissonance. I honestly would not have DREAMED that a contingent of the USA could go so deeply down rabbit-holes to avoid a reality that was unpleasant to them, but here we are.

Trump lost. Then he tried to steal it. Now he goes on trial. Those are some hard truths, Friend Jag.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I have no friends as stupid as you.

You're too stupid to talk to but I'll give you some clues as to what's coming. Didn't your bud Jack Smith set precedent by investigating Trumps tweets, etc. Why did Trump sucker the left into doing that? Here's a clue.

.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Neither does this biotch. She's beautiful now.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
When your guy is making the distinction that he never swore to “support” the Constitution… yeah. There’s a Patriot for ya.

Insert eye-roll emoji here.

Given that the Colorado judge’s “finding of fact” is that he did in fact engage in insurrection, and findings of fact are highly unlikely to be overturned on appeal, what remains is only that she wasn’t sure the 14th Sec 3 applies to POTUS. That, and essentially only that, is what’s being judged on appeal. Hint: it ain’t over.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
When your guy is making the distinction that he never swore to “support” the Constitution… yeah. There’s a Patriot for ya.

Given that the Colorado judge’s “finding of fact” is that he did in fact engage in insurrection, and findings of fact are highly unlikely to be overturned on appeal, what remains is only that she wasn’t sure the 14th Sec 3 applies to POTUS. That, and essentially only that, is what’s being judged on appeal. Hint: it ain’t over.
Shove a compensated Glock up your azz, Jeffy. Hope you get an infection .

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
What’s fascinating about this one is that it will likely force SCOTUS to rule on whether what Trump attempted was or was not an insurrection as defined in the Constitution.

Your thoughts?

Why do you even ask “your thoughts?” As if you’re some open minded seeker of truth?

I’ve attempted to engage with you through honest questions for months and you NEVER even respond much less give honest and clear answers to the questions.

Last time.

What EXACTLY (I want a direct quote from the Pres, in context, on video) did he do that justifies “insurrection”.

Hint: as much as you hate it, stating an opinion you don’t agree with isn’t insurrection, but 1A protected speech.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

That judge had not heard evidence on her “finding of fact”. She wasn’t holding court to discuss that matter.

For that “finding of fact” to carry any legal weight would mean you support suspending individuals right to a fair trial based upon the fact that you disagree with their politics.

Which, obviously, is the reason why intellectually honest liberals are disavowing the Left and attempting to make distinctions between themselves and those they consider “too far left”.

But not you…. 🤪

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sounds like we will be talking about this a bunch in the upcoming months so we might as well get that ball rolling. From what I’m reading this very likely will be used to keep Trump off primary ballots unless the SCOTUS intervenes.

At issue with Trump is Section 3 of the amendment, which bars from office anyone who, having previously sworn an oath to support the Constitution, has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." The language was written to prevent former officials who had backed the Confederacy from regaining power, subject to an out — Congress could grant amnesty by a two-thirds vote.

A group of conservative lawyers wrote a long opinion piece after researching this extensively and to hear them tell it, it’s pretty straightforward and conclusive. Here’s the abstract:

The Sweep and Force of Section Three
University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Vol. 172, Forthcoming
126 Pages
Posted: 14 Aug 2023
William Baude
University of Chicago - Law School

Michael Stokes Paulsen
University of St. Thomas School of Law

Date Written: August 9, 2023

Abstract
Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment forbids holding office by former office holders who then participate in insurrection or rebellion. Because of a range of misperceptions and mistaken assumptions, Section Three’s full legal consequences have not been appreciated or enforced. This article corrects those mistakes by setting forth the full sweep and force of Section Three.

First, Section Three remains an enforceable part of the Constitution, not limited to the Civil War, and not effectively repealed by nineteenth century amnesty legislation. Second, Section Three is self-executing, operating as an immediate disqualification from office, without the need for additional action by Congress. It can and should be enforced by every official, state or federal, who judges qualifications. Third, to the extent of any conflict with prior constitutional rules, Section Three repeals, supersedes, or simply satisfies them. This includes the rules against bills of attainder or ex post facto laws, the Due Process Clause, and even the free speech principles of the First Amendment. Fourth, Section Three covers a broad range of conduct against the authority of the constitutional order, including many instances of indirect participation or support as “aid or comfort.” It covers a broad range of former offices, including the Presidency. And in particular, it disqualifies former President Donald Trump, and potentially many others, because of their participation in the attempted overthrow of the 2020 presidential election.

And here’s a link to the paper, so that the brilliant (sic) legal minds of the Fire can parse it:

https://deliverypdf.ssrn.com/delive...5077094093067&EXT=pdf&INDEX=TRUE

Your thoughts?
That should have worked to keep Biden out then also.

Total BS and you know it. But to try it would not surprise me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Every time, since the Brandon steal, that allegations of voter fraud have actually been heard by a court that received evidence of voter fraud, that court has decided that voter fraud occurred.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Every time, since the Brandon steal, that allegations of voter fraud have actually been heard by a court that received evidence of voter fraud, that court has decided that voter fraud occurred.

Correct; those events cited by lefties have been when suits were tossed based up standing with no evidence presented.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, I didn't think it possible but Jeff0 can get dumber!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by efw
What’s fascinating about this one is that it will likely force SCOTUS to rule on whether what Trump attempted was or was not an insurrection as defined in the Constitution.

Your thoughts?

Why do you even ask “your thoughts?” As if you’re some open minded seeker of truth?

I’ve attempted to engage with you through honest questions for months and you NEVER even respond much less give honest and clear answers to the questions.

Last time.

What EXACTLY (I want a direct quote from the Pres, in context, on video) did he do that justifies “insurrection”.

Hint: as much as you hate it, stating an opinion you don’t agree with isn’t insurrection, but 1A protected speech.

I will answer it for him

President Trump said in his speech to the crowd
( after they started entering the Capital because he delayed his speech)

To go to the Capital PEACEFULLY

Again

Go to the Capital PEACEFULLY.

There was the insurrection.

We live in an upside down world.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
One question. Why haven't all of the responders here to jeffy simply " brushed the dirt off their sandals" on him by now? Trolls only do what trolls do. Simple...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Damn, I didn't think it possible but Jeff0 can get dumber!

Serious case of FAS.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2 and 9, and the last games play calling. Is there anyone alive that doesn't think Belichek doesn't owe Brady a HUGE thank you?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 14,720 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,171
Posts18,542,986
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.