Print Thread
Hop To
W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I've been looking all over the internet trying to figure out the value for my Noveske Gen 1 16" ar15 and I can't find any comps.

Anyone have an idea of value?

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Some value the ones made before John's death a little higher. With that being said, we'd have to know which model it is. If you knew the name of the model, it would make it much easier to research. However, if you look on the true gun value site, there was a 16" gen 1 that sold recently for $1,200.00..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Some value the ones made before John's death a little higher. With that being said, we'd have to know which model it is. If you knew the name of the model, it would make it much easier to research. However, if you look on the true gun value site, there was a 16" gen 1 that sold recently for $1,200.00..

IMHO - $1200 is about right for a vanilla Gen 1 - that was factory built - yeah, some models will bring a bit more, any details would help.

About $900 for a home brewed rifle - the barrel and receiver set are the main attraction to a knowledgeable buyer if it's been assembled.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AH64guy

IMHO - $1200 is about right for a vanilla Gen 1 - that was factory built - yeah, some models will bring a bit more, any details would help.

About $900 for a home brewed rifle - the barrel and receiver set are the main attraction to a knowledgeable buyer if it's been assembled.

We don't hear a lot about Noveske here. I like them. When I got into AR's, that is the first one I wanted to buy. A gen 1, but a 20" stainless varmint model. Shoots pretty good, but not nearly as well as some of my others. IMHO, you are paying for the name, more than anything else.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W

Thank you, I was wondering about that. Looks like they range between 1200 and 1750.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WRO

Thank you, I was wondering about that. Looks like they range between 1200 and 1750.

Yep. Keep in mind what AH64guy said in regards to a built one and a factory one. The factory rifles bring more money. Mine was a factory upper and I put the lower together. There's really no difference in quality between the lower I put together and a factory lower, but some seem to think there's a difference.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The way I see it is if you like the rifle, it's built right and it falls within the price range you can live with, buy it..

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by WRO

The upper end were listed as NIB - NOS - or such.

The other attraction to a factory built lower is the warranty support - the ability to get a problem fixed if you need it.

I agree with BSA on a quality build from a stripped lower, if you put the right parts in - it's equal or above the factory - how many triggers have we replaced in stock rifles?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,214
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.