Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Took my 8-year-old grandson squirrel hunting. His first squirrel...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We took our squirrels to the creek to clean them. He can't resist looking for crawdads...

The ride home...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good place for him to be, out in the woods.

Seems so many have given up in small game. 48 now and my buddy and I still love to get after them when we can.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 09/20/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This is FANTASTIC!

I'm not exaggerating even a little when I say my first squirrel changed my life.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Super. I'd like to see more kids involved in small game hunting. Seems like it is lost in today's world. Squirrel hunting is still one of my favorite things to do. Good on you for taking him.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good for you for taking him. I hope he becomes a lifelong hunter and shooter. We need to pass our traditions down.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good deal grandpa , nothing like time with the grandbratts/kids

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
This is FANTASTIC!

I'm not exaggerating even a little when I say my first squirrel changed my life.

Me too. I remember it like it was yesterday. Crosman 760 in my back yard. When that squirrel pitched off that tree limb, I felt like I had killed a Marco Polo ram.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Originally Posted by ingwe
This is FANTASTIC!

Me too. I remember it like it was yesterday. Crosman 760 in my back yard. When that squirrel pitched off that tree limb, I felt like I had killed a Marco Polo ram.

Yep when my first one hit the hit, I knew I had found my calling .

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
He will remember the this long after you are gone.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys. He is my little buddy. He likes to hang out with me and I always have an open seat in the truck for him. That is my daughter and son-in-law's boy. My son-in-law is a great dad and likes to hunt and fish too. Plus my son, the uncle, takes him fishing and has introduced him to archery. So the little man is a lucky kid with a great family and a ton of support. He is obsessed with the outdoors, football, and baseball. He has a sharp wit and sense of humor and I don't think I have ever seen him in a bad mood. That goofy grin is always on his face and it is so satisfying watching him grow into a young man. Life is good.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you are welcome MOGC ,there is all ways time for the grand kids ,just wish mine lived closer

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
Thanks guys. He is my little buddy. He likes to hang out with me and I always have an open seat in the truck for him. That is my daughter and son-in-law's boy. My son-in-law is a great dad and likes to hunt and fish too. Plus my son, the uncle, takes him fishing and has introduced him to archery. So the little man is a lucky kid with a great family and a ton of support. He is obsessed with the outdoors, football, and baseball. He has a sharp wit and sense of humor and I don't think I have ever seen him in a bad mood. That goofy grin is always on his face and it is so satisfying watching him grow into a young man. Life is good.

Good kids are products of a good family upbringing. Be glad you’re able to enjoy them, they grow up fast.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
You tell him “atta boy” from the campfire crew!

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Right there is a sure fire way to raise kids the right way! Introduce them to the outdoors with the proper training in good safe firearms handling including hunting and shooting along with Fishing. Enjoy your time with your Grandson as we need more of this!!!IMO!

HS 58

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 09/23/23.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Good job Grandpa. He will always remember his first Squirrel hunt with you. I am 66 years old and still remember my first Squirrel hunt with my grandfather. That's the way to teach him and pass it on. My 8 year old grandson went on his first Squirrel hunt last year. It was a great experience for all. He was able to get his first pig about a month later. I'm hoping he will get his first WT Deer this season. he's shooting my 223 and 6.5 grendel pretty good. He's ready.
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to some more pictures of your little Buddy getting it done in the woods. Good Luck to the both of you.

MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Quick fishing trip...

MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
AND... his dad bought him a new Rossi .410 shotgun. He is gonna be a squirrel hunter in a big way now!

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
👍👍👍👍👍

MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
His dad took him on his first deer hunt and he scored on a nice doe. This hunt is a 3 day antlerless hunt. He did good, heart shot with a .243 100 gr. Hornady Interlock at 70 yards.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Wow, he's living the dream now!

Well done young hunter!

P.S.The picture of him sleeping in the truck is hilarious.

Last edited by colodog; 10/07/23.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
That boys on a roll good stuff 👍

MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colodog

Well done young hunter!

He was pretty tired. What you can't see is that he is sitting there in his underwear. He got his pants, socks, and boots soaking wet wading around in the creek and they were uncomfortable when he got out of the water. We stripped those off and he rode home just like the picture shows. He is all boy, no doubt.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by colodog

Well done young hunter!

I got a chuckle out of that one too…. Was he snoring? 🤣 Don’t let him live that down. 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Good stuff.

B
BKS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
AWESOME!!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
And another lifetime Hunter is Born!

Merry Christmas to you and your handsome Grandson cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/22/23.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Late chiming in, but good for you. Keep those traditions alive.

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 52 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,532
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.